This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
About Kardena Pauza
Hi! My name is Kardena Pauza, and I’m a personal trainer and certified nutrition expert. In 2003 I completely changed my life by adopting a meat-free diet. And since then, I’ve been living the vegetarian lifestyle and loving it. At first I made many common vegetarian eating mistakes, but since then I’ve developed a simple, high-energy diet meal plan that has helped me build the body of my dreams. And I’m here to show you how to do it as well. Once you get started with a meatfree diet (and even dairy-free and egg-free), you’ll be amazed at how much mental and physical energy you can have all day long. You’ll no longer feel sluggish or tired after eating big heavy meals. You won’t fall asleep at your desk. You won’t be a zombie at work or at home when your kids want to play. And best of all, the body fat will just melt right off of you thanks to your new diet. As you can imagine, people have a lot of preconceived notions about a vegetarian diet and think that it will just make them weak, tired, pale, and sickly looking. But that is NOT the case if you eat the right foods. And once you try going completely animal-free, I know you’ll be hooked on the new vitality and energy in your life. I look forward to helping you, and please let me know if you have any questions! See you in the kitchen, Kardena Pauza Author,
Table of Contents Smoothies ............................................................................................................... .pg. 4 Desserts .................................................................................................................................pg. 11 Breakfast............................................................................................................... .pg. 27 Lunch .................................................................................................................... pg. 44 Dinner................................................................................................................... .pg. 67
SMOOTHIE RECIPES 1. Banana Carob Smoothie You’ll love this yummy smoothie that tastes similar to a chocolate-banana shake. And if you didn’t know what carob is, it’s a great, healthy substitute for chocolate. Of course, if you want “real” chocolate, you can use cocoa powder instead of the carob. Ingredients: 1 frozen chopped bananas 3/4 cup soy milk or almond milk- unsweetened preferably 1 1/2 Tbsp. carob powder 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or agave nectar 1/2 tsp. vanilla Dash of cinnamon Add water to make more pourable and ice if you prefer a chilled drink 2. Strawberry Ecstasy Smoothie Ingredients: 1 cup almond milk- unsweetened preferably 1 cup frozen or fresh Strawberries 2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder or cacao nibs (Nibs are more bitter) 1-2 dates or agave to taste 3. Spice Up Your Life You’ll be surprised by what adding cayenne can do to a chocolate or cacao smoothie! Ingredients: 1 cup coconut water (From fresh young thai coconut preferably or in a container) 1/4 cup almonds soaked 1 Tbsp. cacao powder 1/8 cup white raisins Dash of cayenne Pinch sea salt
1 Tbsp. ground up sesame seed 6. raw sunflower seeds 4-6 raw Brazil nuts or 4-8 soaked raw almonds 1 Tbsp.com . coconut. spinach. Marvellous Mango Ingredients: 2-3 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. cucumber. ginger and blend. and nuts in 2-3 cups of water first preferably. sesame seeds 1 or 2 tsp. 2) Next add all the remaining ingredients: peeled mango. Banana Cherry and Sesame Ingredients: Frozen organic cherries (1/2 cup to 1 cup) 1 banana 2 Tbsp. © www. cored 2 tsp. flax seeds (Thickens smoothie) 2 tsp. ground up flax seed 2 tsp. Mango Delight’ Smoothie Ingredients: 1 cup organic almond milk 1 large fresh mango (peeled) or frozen 1 apple. of raw cacao powder Raw honey or agave nectar as sweetener Water/ice to blend 5. coconut butter or oil 1 large mango (Peel & remove pit) 1/4” slice of fresh ginger root 1/3 cucumber (Optional to peel) 1-2 cups spinach 2-3 cups water Preparation: 1) Blend flax. sunflower.4.
chopped flax seeds 8. ZEN-ANANA Smoothie Ingredients: 1 large banana sliced 8 oz green tea 2 cup spinach 1 Gala or Fuji apple sliced pinch nutmeg or cinnamon © www. of cacao powder 1/2 tsp.7. of honey 1 tray of ice cubes Water 9. of your favorite dried green supplement Stevia (Optional) 10. hemp seeds 3 tsp. frozen acai 1/3 to 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries 1-2 Tbsp. of maca Handful of goji berries 1 tsp. flax oil 1 tsp. Cran-Orange Strawberry Smoothie Ingredients: 2 oranges 1 cup strawberries (Frozen or fresh) 1/3 cup unsweetened cranberries (Frozen is ok) 1 Tbsp.com 6 . of soaked brown flax seed 1 Tbsp. cacao nibs 3-4 each raw almonds AND macadamia nuts 2 tsp. Mac’ Berry Almond Smoothie Ingredients: 1/2 banana (Or substitute half an avocado but eliminate the flax oil) 4 oz. of coconut butter 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. Low Glycemic Chocolate-Green Smoothie Ingredients: 1 Tbsp.
flax meal 3 Tbsp. less is better) 1 Tbsp. almond. ground flaxseed 1/4 cup soaked raw almonds 1 tsp. in water over night.com 7 . organic maple syrup Add ice 13. Carob Shake Ingredients: 1 large banana 1-1/2 cup almond. raw carob powder 1 or 2 shakes of cinnamon 1 Tbsp. Chocolate-Avocado DREAM Ingredients: 1/2 avocado 1 medium sized banana 4-6 dates (Sweeten to taste. soy. rice milk (less for thicker shake) 12. soy.11.VegetarianFoodPlan. hemp. cinnamon 1/4 cup pure water if blending Nuts. Oat Meal Raw Food Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2-1 cup soaked oat groats (Let soak uncovered.2 cups liquid use water. or rice milk 1 Tbsp. rinse before use) 2 apples sliced 1 banana sliced 1 Tbsp. raisins & hemp seeds (Optional) www. of cacao powder 11/2 . soaked brown flax seed (Optional) 1-2 tsp.
2) Scoop out coconut meat and place in blender. blueberry) Dash of Stevia to taste Dash cinnamon 1 Tsp.com 8 1) . 16. flax oil or substitute with Y2 avocado if no oil Couple dashes of cinnamon 1 tsp. Energizing Smoothie Ingredients: 1/2 ripe avocado 1 frozen banana 1 young coconut. then dump coconut water into blender.+ cocoa powder Handful blueberries or strawberries Pumpkin seeds Water (As needed) Dash Stevia to sweeten ©www. Remember to be very careful to avoid hard pieces from the husk. soaked flaxseed 4-6 chucks pineapple (Fresh or frozen) 1-2 cup organic spinach (Fresh or frozen) 15.VegetarianFoodPlan. Favorite fruit/Y2 an apple 1/4 inch-1/2 inch raw ginger peeled Udo's. strawberry. rice. soy or hemp milk 1 Tbsp. Green Pome-berry Smoothie Ingredients: 1 medium sized banana 6-8oz (1 cup) frozen blueberries 1/2 cup pomegranate juice 1/2 cup almond.14.water and meat 1 cup your favorite frozen berry (Raspberry. Vegan Green Chocolate Shake Ingredients: Almond milk vanilla unsweetened 1-2 fresh kale leaves Almond butter 1 Tbsp. maca (Optional) Young Coconut Preparation: To open young coconut use clever or chef knife.
of flaxseed oil 1/4 tsp. coconut butter (Or 1 young coconut with coco-water if available in your area) 2-3 cups water until desired Add ice only if desired www. soy. Green Machine Smoothie Ingredients: 3-5 leaves of kale 1 kiwi 1 avocado 2 Tbsp. of ginger root powder or 1/4 inch fresh peeled ginger 1 Tbsp. Tropical Green Smoothie Ingredients: 3 cups fresh organic baby spinach 2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple cubes 2-3 kiwis 1/2 avocado 1 banana Add ice & water until desired 20.com 9 . of spirulina or SuperGreens powder Add water/ice 18.VegetarianFoodPlan. Mango Banana Smoothie Ingredients: 1 medium-sized mango Dash of agave nectar or maple syrup 1 medium sized banana or ripe plantain 3/4-1 cup hemp. Parsley Pear Smoothie 2 pears sliced 1/3 bunch of parsley (Traditional or Italian is fine) 1 stalk of celery (the greener the better) 2 Tbsp.17. rice or almond milk Add ice if desired 19.
alcohol free vanilla extract (Trader Joe’s has alcohol free) 8 oz/1 cup unsweetened carob chips 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans 1/4 cup sunflower seeds Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. cloves. 7) Moisten your fork if it begins to stick to batter. 6) Bake about 30 minutes or until lightly browned on edges. ground cinnamon 1 tsp. 4) Processed oats with berries.DESSERT RECIPES 1.com 10 . 7) Allow treat to cool down then cut into squares and serve! ©www. 5) Spread batter evenly into sprayed pan. ground cloves 2 cups rolled oats 1/4 cup Maranta Starch or “Arrow Root” (Use instead of cornstarch to thicken) 1 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2) Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. baking powder 1 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) 4 oz agave nectar 2 tsp. 5) Now add to dry ingredients and fold in carob chips. Makes 48 cookies 2. walnuts and seeds. of batter onto cookie sheet and flatten with fork. Chocolate Chip Vegan Cookies Ingredients: 3 cups whole-wheat flour 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. 8) Bake about 12 minutes or until golden. cinnamon. arrowroot and apple juice concentrate in large bowl. Blueberry Squares Ingredients: 4 cups fresh blueberries or berry of your choice 2 tsp. 3) Using blender or food processor grind oats to coarse powder texture. 3) Stir flour and baking powder in large bowl 4) In separate bowl stir well and combine applesauce. agave nectar and vanilla. 2) Spray baking pan with cooking spray. 6) Place a Tbsp.
well mashed (about 1 1/2 cups) 1 tsp. 7) Remove pie from oven and cover with aluminium foil for 10 minutes before removing from pan. alcohol free vanilla extract (Trader Joe’s has Alcohol Free FYI) 2 Tbsp. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. ripe bananas. ground flax seed. oats. applesauce. 5) Mix in the flax seed.can do gluten free 1/3 cup coconut. baking soda 1 tsp. slightly warm. baking powder 1 Tbsp. baking soda. Chocolate Oatmeal Chai Cookie Recipe Ingredients: 2 cups rolled oats. water until smooth Preparation: 1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees 2) Lightly oil a 9 inch pan with vegetable oil 3) Combine the flour.com 11 . nutmeg 1 tsp.3. baking powder and spice in a large mixing bowl. all-spice 1/2 tsp. and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.VegetarianFoodPlan. mixed with 2 Tbsp. fine grain sea salt 1 tsp. ground cloves 1/4 tsp. finely shredded & unsweetened 3 large. do not cook 2/3 cup almond meal 1/4 teaspoon cardamom 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract 1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. 6) Pour batter into oiled pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. 4. baking powder 6-7 ounces chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar chopped or unsweetened carob www. 4) Stir in the apple juice concentrate. Vegan Apple Pie Ingredients: 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate 1 3/4 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour 1/2 cup quick oats 1/2 cup of raisins 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1 tsp.
4) In another bowl whisk together the oats.14 minutes or until turning brown on the bottom.com 12 . one level tablespoonful at a time. baking powder. 5. 8) Bake in the top 1/3 of the oven for 10 .Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. fine grain sea salt 1 cup rolled oats 2/3 cup chopped walnuts 1 cup shredded carrots 1/2 cup real maple syrup. coconut oil. grated fresh ginger 1/4 cup wheat germ 1/2 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 375F degrees. and ginger. onto a parchment lined baking sheet.12 minutes or until the cookies are golden on top and bottom. salt. 2) To make almond meal. ©www. cardamom. 6) Fold in the chocolate/carob. room temperature 1/2 cup unrefined (fragrant) coconut oil. racks in the top third.VegetarianFoodPlan. warmed until just melted 1 tsp. each about 2 teaspoons in size.don't go too far or you'll end up with almond butter. 7) Drop dollops of the dough. almond meal. 2) Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. 8) Bake for 12 .You can make your own almond meal by pulsing almonds in a food processor until it is the texture of sand . an inch apart. 4) Add the nuts and carrots. 3) In a large bowl combine the bananas. 6) Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. cinnamon. Carrot Ginger Oatmeal Cookie Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour 1 tsp. 7) Drop onto prepared baking sheets. baking powder Scant 1/2 tsp. and coconut oil. raisins and oats. Set aside. 5) In a separate smaller bowl use a whisk to combine the maple syrup. shredded coconut. 3) In a large bowl whisk together the flour. and baking powder. salt. wheat germ. Makes about 3 dozen bite-sized cookies. 5) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. ground cloves. vanilla extract. leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies. Stir until combined. give one more quick stir. spelt flour. In a separate larger bowl combine the peanut butter. or unbleached all-purpose flour 1 tsp. just a stroke or two. Press down on each one gently with the back of a fork. olive oil. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Bake for 10. so if you're set on doing criss-crosses. Pour the flour mixture over the peanut butter mixture and stir until barely combined . It's a loose batter. Let sit for five minutes. 9) 10) Make 2 . go ahead and chill the batter for an hour or so before this step. baking soda. Let cool five minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. maybe 11 minutes .still a bit dusty looking. baking soda 3/4 tsp. www. and salt.VegetarianFoodPlan.but don't over bake or they will be dry. Place racks in the top third.com 13 . and vanilla. Now drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. 6. In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour. Organic Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour. maple syrup.3 dozen cookies. fine grain sea salt 1 cup Organic Creamy Peanut Butter 1 cup maple syrup 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil 1 1/2 tsp.
a slice of apricot or whipped cream. or crumble some graham crackers on top. carob powder 3 Tbsp.com 14 .7. red seedless grapes. 2) Pour the pudding into bowls and add your desired toppings. agave nectar or to taste 1/2 cup almond milk Add water if need to thin for blending Preparation: 1) Place all the ingredients in a powerful blender and puree until creamy. Ingredients: 1 cup raw cashews 3 Tbsp. ©www. cacao powder 1 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. Dark Chocolaty Chocolate Pudding Make a rich and creamy vegan chocolate mousse from tofu! Garnish with fresh strawberries.
8. salt 2 cup grated carrots 1 cup almond milk 1 1/2 cup applesauce 1 cup maple syrup.VegetarianFoodPlan. mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl: flour. cloves. Peter Rabbit Carrot Cake Ingredients: 2 cups spelt flour or whole wheat flour 2 tsp. ground cloves 1 tsp. and salt. Mix until "just mixed. I use a food processor instead of grating them by hand. baking powder. baking soda 2 tsp. baking powder 1 1/2 tsp. Grade B (vegan) or 1 cup honey (Vegetarian) 1/2 cup crushed walnuts (Optional) Preparation: 1) First. 7) Bake for 40-50 min at 350F until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean." 5) Mix in the walnuts. allspice.com 15 . 3) Preheat the oven to 350F. cinnamon. ground cinnamon 1/4 cup raisins 1 Y2 tsp. baking soda. 8) Cool on a counter for 30 min and then frost with cream cheese frosting © www. 6) Transfer to a greased 13x9x2 pan. 4) Combine the carrots and the rest of the ingredients except for the walnuts to the flour mixture. allspice Y2 tsp. 2) Grate the carrots.
baking powder. almond milk. orange juice.VegetarianFoodPlan. 5) Add blueberries and use a spoon or spatula to ensure they are coated with the flour mixture. baking powder 3/4 tsp. about 40-45 minutes. orange juice 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk (Or apple sauce) 1/2 cup agave nectar 2 cups whole wheat flour 3/4 tsp. © www.com 16 . Stir well to combine. 7) Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan. 4) In a separate bowl. and salt. soda. 6) Add the banana mixture and gently mix until just combined. baking soda (Non-aluminum) 1/2 tsp. orange zest 1 Tbsp. 3) In a large bowl. 9) Allow to cool before cutting and serving. 2) Wipe a 9x5-inch loaf pan with oil. 8) Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. salt 1 cup (240 ml) blueberries Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350F. Blue Banana Bread Ingredients: 3 large over-ripe bananas 1 tsp.9. combine the flour. mash the bananas and add orange zest. and agave nectar.
7) At this point. 8) Drop by tablespoonful about 3 to a row.10. www. arrowroot flour (As substitute for 1 egg) 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour 3/4 cup of dry oats 2 Tbsp.com 17 . 2) Prepare a cookie sheet either with non-stick spray or a parchment paper. of salt (Optional) 1/2 tsp.1/2 cup of sugar 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce 3/4 tsp. add the vanilla essence. beat olive oil (and/or milk) together with the vegan sugar. Super Yummy Low-Fat Whole Wheat Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Ingredients: 1/4 tsp. of ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 tsp. chopped 2 Tbsp. 6) Add in the flour mixture and beat on medium until a semi-stiff dough forms. olive oil or 1 Tbsp. remove from cookie tray and cool on a rack. 3) Sift the salt. 11) When it’s done. Stir to blend together. 12) Eat when nice a warm and chewy. oil + 1 Tbsp of Almond Milk 1/3 . This dough will be very slightly sticky. 5) Add in applesauce and egg substitute and beat well. cloves 1/2 tsp. baking soda into the flour and oatmeal in a bowl. 4) In a mixing bowl. of baking soda 1/4 cup pecans. of vanilla essence 1/4 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350F.VegetarianFoodPlan. cinnamon. 9) Flatten to about 3/4 and keep it thick. 10) Bake in the center of oven for about 10-12 minutes. raisins and nuts and mix well into the dough.
11. Leave to cool and enjoy! 5) 6) 7) 8) ©www.com 18 . You may need to adjust wet/dry ingredients to achieve the correct texture. vanilla essence 1/2 cup carob powder 1 large. tahini Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Pre-heat oven to 350°. The mixture should be sticky but not too wet. your better off slightly undercooking them and having a slightly soft middle. very ripe banana Pinch of salt 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1/8 cup sultanas or raisins 1/2 Tbsp. Low-fat Wheat-free Carob Brownies Ingredients: 1/3 cup brown rice flour 2/3 cup porridge oats 4 Tbsp. Use a hand blender to blend the oats into a powder/flour. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Add all the other ingredients and mix well. Don’t over cook. Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with foil and lightly oil the bottom. Mash the banana in a large mixing bowl.VegetarianFoodPlan. pure maple syrup Egg replacer equivalent of 2 eggs 1/2 tsp.
shredded (Unsweetened) Y2 cup quick oats 1 Tbsp. almond butter 2 Tbsp. Place all ingredients in a food processor. Roll into balls and lightly roll in shredded coconut.12. Raw Banana Macaroons Ingredients: 1 cup medjool dates 1 banana 1/2 cup coconut. 13.raspberries. agave nectar Pinch of salt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Remove the pits from dates. ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. Hold back a little coconut for coating the macaroons.com 19 . sweetener (dates or maple syrup) and carob in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. Raw Carob pudding Ingredients: 2 medium ripe avocados 1 Y2 cup dates or 1 cup maple syrup If using dates add a little orange juice when blending 1/2 cup raw carob powder Toppings. and process until only slightly chunky. pecans. sliced strawberries Preparation: 1) Process avocado.
3) Shape into balls and enjoy! 15. salt 1 Y2 Tbsp. add a few more raisins and a tablespoon of water. cacao nibs Preparation: 1) Place dates in food processor and mix until smooth. shredded 12 dates (Medjool are best) Y2-3/4 tsp. cinnamon Y2 tsp. 2) If you can't get the mixture to hold together. 3) After ingredients are mixed. 4) Refrigerate before eating. cashews or pecans 1/4 cup raw carob powder 1 cup raisins or dates Preparation: 1) Process all ingredients in a food processor until fine and sticky. raw coconut oil (It's best if it's very soft. Speedy Raw Cookies Ingredients: 3/4 cup raw walnuts. but not liquid) 2 Tbsp. again until smooth. salt and coconut oil and mix it all up. mint.com 20 . Once smooth. Raw "Chocolate Mint" Cookies Ingredients: 2 Y2 cups raw walnuts 2-3 fresh mint leaves.14. add cacao nibs and blend just until nibs are well distributed. Makes approximately 15 cookies. 2) Add walnuts. © www. cinnamon. remove from food processor by tablespoon-sized blobs and flatten into cookie-ish rounds.VegetarianFoodPlan.
sliced strawberries.VegetarianFoodPlan. © www. Spoon into a serving dish and pack down well. Raw-Berry Pie Ingredients: For the crust: 2 cups almonds 1/2 cup honey For the topping: 1 cup walnuts 1/4 cup honey 1/3 cup blueberries 2 Tbsp. blueberries. sliced Preparation: Crust 1) 2) Topping 1) 2) Blend the walnuts.com 21 . Blend the almonds and honey until finely chopped. and fresh coconut butter (if using) until smooth. fresh coconut butter (Optional) For Garnish: fresh strawberries. Pour on top of crust and decorate with fresh.16. honey.
Raw Chocolate Pudding Ingredients: Meat of 2 coconuts or coconut butter 10 cashews 6 dates 4 Tbsp.17. ©www. cinnamon 1/2 cup pecans. 18.com 22 ." coconut. and cinnamon. Press the pecan mix into a 9x9 or 8x8 inch glass pan. Remove from food processor and place the mixture in a medium-sized bowl or onto the counter. raw cacao powder 1/4 tsp. Add the "pecan butter. chopped Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) In food processor. pitted 1 1/2 cup shredded. Store covered in the fridge until ready to eat. salt 1 tsp. Sort of "knead" in the chopped pecans until they're well distributed. cinnamon Water Preparation: 1) Blend all the ingredients until smooth. process dates until smooth (or as close to smooth as you can get). Process until everything is well mixed. salt. made into a smooth "pecan butter" (Your food processor can do this) 30 medjool dates. dried coconut 1/2 tsp. Raw Pecan Pie Tart Ingredients: 2 cups pecans.VegetarianFoodPlan.
peeled and seeded) 1 banana 1-2 tsp. use a spatula to spread cookie mixture onto a dehydrator tray OR shape into balls and eat as is. sea salt. Orange Almond Cookies Ingredients: 4 cups raw almonds. oranges. Papaya Banana Pudding Ingredients: 1 cup papaya chunks (About Y2 a Hawaiian papaya. whole and peeled 2 apples. cored Preparation: 1) Blend the almonds.19. raw tahini Preparation: 1) Blend all ingredients until smooth and it’s ready to eat! 20. ©www.com 23 . 2) When all ingredients are finely processed.VegetarianFoodPlan. soaked overnight 2 cups raisins Y2 cup orange peel 2 medium oranges. orange peel. raisins. and apples in a food processor until they are finely chopped.
chopped Dash of cayenne 1/4 tsp. Raw Scramble Ingredients: 1 cup almonds (Soaked overnight in water) 1/2 cup sunflower seeds 1/4 salt Y2 cup of water 2 Tbsp. Oatmeal Ingredients: 3 cups water 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal 1/2 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Bring water to a boil and add oatmeal. cilantro.BREAKFAST RECIPES 1. cumin Lettuce leaf – Romaine/Collard Green Preparation: 1) In a food processor combine and blend almonds. sunflower seeds.do not heat oats.VegetarianFoodPlan. * You can eat by itself or in a lettuce leaf. ©www. 2) Pour into bowl and fold in chopped tomatoes. 3) Optional. green onions 1/4 cup cilantro Y2 cup tomatoes. and green onions. salt and water. 2) Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until oats have reach your desired texture. The leaf will give the dish more crunch and texture. Remove from heat and let cool. 4) Place in water the night before and then prepare yoru breakfast the following morning as if they are cooked.com 24 . This keeps the fiber structure intact and helps the digestive system. 2.
place in the oven on the lowest temperature possible and leave the oven open a crack or on the lowest setting until dry or about 24 hours. alcohol free vanilla. 4) Add raspberries. of agave nectar Dash stevia 1/2 cup of raspberries (Fresh or frozen) Preparation: 1) Measure soaked sunflower seeds and flax seeds and pour into food processor. cinnamon. and blend once more about 10-15 seconds. of alcohol free vanilla 1 tsp.com 25 . 5) Continue to add sweetener to taste. 4) If you don’t have a dehydrator. agave nectar and Stevia. of cinnamon 2/3 cup shredded coconut (Unsweetened) 1 tsp. you can add more agave.VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. of salt 2 Tbsp. To dry granola: 1) Take the chunky mixture and drop it on dehydrator trays. just place it on the tray in small chunky pieces. Good For You Granola Ingredients: 4 cups of soaked sunflower seeds 1 cup of soaked flax seeds 2/3 cups of raisins 1 tsp. salt.3. Stevia or honey. minerals. turn it no higher than 105 degrees so not to destroy the vitamins. or until ingredients are slightly mixed but still chunky. 2) You don’t need to smooth it out. If you would like it sweeter. 3) If your dehydrator has a heating gauge. 3) Process all ingredients except raspberries for 10-15 seconds. and essential fiber. 2) Add raisins.
vanilla Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a blender place rice. agave nectar. chopped walnuts 5 oz. Store in an air-tight container. rolled rye Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) Combine all ingredients in a large wide bowl. water 1 tsp. Fold in ingredients with a large spoon to mix. Rice Milk Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup cooked brown rice 1 oz.VegetarianFoodPlan. chopped sesame seeds 1 oz. rolled wheat 8 oz. rolled oats 8 oz. Cover and blend on high until rice is pulverized. Muesli Recipe Ingredients: 1 oz. vanilla and water. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Eat with fresh fruit and non-dairy milk.com 26 . agave nectar 32 oz. ©www. 5.4. raisins 8 oz. chopped dried apples 1/2 cup shredded coconut 5 oz. Shake well before using. Refrigerate if you have the space.
6.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 27 . only creamy. * 1 serving is approximately 1 cup. vanilla Dash of salt to bring out the flavors Preparation: 1) Place cashews. 2) Cover and blend on high until cashews are pulverized and there are not chunks of cashew. vanilla and water in high powered blender. 4) Shake well before using. agave nectar 32 oz. 3) Cashew milk will last about 5 days covered in the refrigerator. agave nectar. ©www. water 1 tsp. Cashew Milk Recipe Ingredients: 1/2 cup raw cashew pieces 3 Tbsp.
7. Sweet Tofu Rice Pudding Ingredients: 1 cup organic brown rice, short or long 1 1/2 cups water 1 Tbsp. coconut oil 1 tsp. salt 1 cup chopped fresh/ frozen blueberries 1 1/2 cup So Delicious Coconut yogurt 1/4 cup agave nectar 1 cup tofu, firm, cut into cubes 3 Tbsp. pecans 1 tsp. cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Place rice, coconut oil, slat and water in pan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer rice for 30 minutes, or until rice is soft. Make sure the rice does not dry out and burn. Fold in the tofu with 1/3 cup of coconut yogurt and cover lid. Allow to cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, cashews and agave or maple syrup. Cover with lid and allow to sit for ten minutes. Serve warm in bowl and top with fresh blueberries or fruit of your choice.
8. Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Ingredients: 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly, uncooked 1-1/2 cups unsweetened Almond milk 2 Tbsp. raisins 1 apple, cored and chopped 1 tsp. ground cinnamon 1-2 tsp. lemon juice 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) To thoroughly rinse quinoa, cover it with water in a mixing bowl, then rub it between the palms of your hands. Pour off the cloudy liquid through a strainer and then repeat the process two or three more times, until the rinse liquid remains clear. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the rinsed and drained quinoa with almond milk. Bring to a slow simmer, then cover and cook for about 15 minutes until the quinoa is tender. In the blender place apple, raisins, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and lemon juice and puree. Put it in pot with quinoa and let it simmer for 5-15 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
2) 3) 4) 5) 6)
Makes about 3 cups.
9. Quickie Breakfast Ingredients: 2 to 3 medium dried figs 1/4 cup raisins 1 medium apple 1 cup quick rolled oats 3 cups vanilla almond milk 1/4 tsp. cinnamon Dash of nutmeg Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a food processor, chop the apricot halves, figs, and raisins. Cut and core the apple and then add it to the dried fruit in the food processor. Chop fine. Transfer the fruit mixture to a medium-sized saucepan and add the remaining ingredients. 5) Simmer slowly, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until thickened. Makes 4 servings.
10. Veggie Tofu Scramble Ingredients: 1/2 cup chopped celery 1/2 cup minced onion 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper 1 cup zucchini 1 cup chopped kale 1 1/2 tsp. chilli powder 1 tsp. cumin 16 oz. low-fat tofu, drained and crumbled 1/2 Tbsp. Himalayan salt 1/2 cup vegetable broth 1/4 tsp. pepper Preparation: 1) Heat 1/4 cup of vegetable broth, celery, onion, bell pepper, and zucchini in a skillet over medium-high heat. 2) Cook until softened. Add the remaining vegetable broth, kale, and spices. 3) Cover the pan and cook until the kale is wilted. 4) Add the crumbled tofu. Cook until firm and lightly browned. 5) Add the salt, pepper. 11. Couscous Breakfast Ingredients: 2 cups hot Almond milk 2 cups dry couscous 1/3 cup raisins, soaked in water and drained 1/3 cup dried apricots 6 pecans, raw honey, to taste (Or use agave nectar) Preparation: 1) Bring the almond milk to a boil on the stove. 2) Add the couscous to the hot almond milk and let stand 5 minutes. 3) Stir in raisins, pecans, and honey/agave nectar to taste. * A serving size is 1/3-1/2 cup cooked.
Hearty Tofu Scramble Ingredients: l lb. turmeric. mash it all up until there are no big chunks.VegetarianFoodPlan. Add the tofu mixture and stir-fry until the tofu is heated through. diced 1 Tbsp. cayenne and pepper. In a frying pan. diced Y2 onion. cayenne pepper 1/8 tsp. Sauté until the pieces are brown and crispy. Add the vegetables and stir-fry until they are tender. organic) 1 medium tomato 2 Tbsp. low sodium tamari or nama shoyu sauce. Add the nutritional yeast.more if preferable 1/8 tsp.com 32 . black pepper Y2 bell pepper. Makes 4 servings. Rapeseed oil (or other mild-flavored oil) Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Drain the tofu.12. ©www. nutritional yeast Y2 tsp. tamari/soy sauce. turmeric 2 tsp. Cut it into pieces and put it into a small mixing bowl. firm tofu (Non-gmo. With a fork. heat the canola oil and add the Fakin’ Bacon.
4) Stir in salsa and simmer for 5 minutes more. garlic. 6) Serve as is or with extra salsa. 2) Stir in black-eyed peas and cook on medium heat until vegetables are cooked through. saute the onion. drained 2-3 Roma tomatoes. 3) Stir occasionally to keep from burning. 5) Warm tortillas and roll up some of the black-eyed peas mixture into each one. minced garlic 1 can black-eyed peas. hot pepper (Jalepeno) 1 large green pepper. nama shoyu and 1/4 cup water 1 package of whole wheat tortillas Preparation: 1) In a nonstick pan. tomatoes.com 33 . chopped 1/2 yellow pepper.13.VegetarianFoodPlan. diced small 1/4 cup salsa 1/4 cup vegetable broth or 1 Tbsp. Breakfast Black Eyed Peas Ingredients: 1/2 large red onion. and peppers in vegetable broth until soft. chopped 1/2 tsp. chopped 1 tsp. ©www.
chopped onion Spaghetti squash salad Salsa Dash of nutritional yeast Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9) 10) Sauté garlic and onions in a little broth.14. Saute until lightly browned. cumin. Add crumbled tofu. tamari . Enjoy!! Makes 1 serving. Add salsa. Spoon the scrambled tofu/squash mixture in a line down the center of the tortilla. crushed 3 Tbsp. Warm the tortillas. turmeric 1 clove fresh garlic.com 34 . paprika. ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. Add spaghetti squash salad. South Western Breakfast Burrito Ingredients: 1-2 low carb tortillas 1/3. Roll it up like a burrito. and spices. and water.1/2 cup firm tofu. Saute until fully incorporated into tofu mixture and warmed thoroughly. nama shoyu or tamari (Adds salty flavor) Dash of cayenne. or you can serve it on the top. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast. crumbled 1 Tbsp.
4) Cover each tortilla with the black beans. 5) Top the beans with salsa that you've either warmed upon the stove top. spreading out the beans to cover the whole tortilla. 6) Top the salsa with the scrambled egg whites or scrambled tofu. vegan cheese 4 Tbsp. diced Preparation: 1) Warm the beans and separately scramble the egg whites or tofu mix in a non stick pan. Makes 2 servings.com 35 . tomatoes. 3) Take the warmed tortillas and place each one flat on a separate plate. onions.15.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) Warm tortillas in oven using a very low temperature so that the tortillas warm all the way through and are still soft (not until they dry out and become crunchy). Huevos Rancheros Ingredients: 6 egg whites OR enough scrambled tofu mix to serve two 1 15oz. or top the beans with the salsa and place the plates in a microwave oven and heat for 1 to 2 minutes on high. ©www. can of black beans 2 fat free/low fat flour tortillas 1 cup of salsa Diced green chillies 2 Tbsp. diced 3 Tbsp.
3) You can store leftovers in the refrigerator. measure 2 cups of cereal to 5 cups of water. nutmeg. bringing it to boil. 2) When ready to cook. Multi Grain Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2 cup whole wheat berries 1/2 cup whole rye berries 1/2 cup oat groats or rolled oat 1/2 cup whole triticale 1/2 cup whole barley 1/2 cup buckwheat groats 1/3 cup sesame seeds 1/3 cup flaxseed Preparation: 1) Combine all ingredients dry and store until you decide to prepare breakfast.16. and raisins and almond milk.VegetarianFoodPlan. 5) Add chopped apple. ©www. 4) Warm up when you want.com 36 . Or make one serving by boiling 1/4 cup of cereal. cinnamon.
raisins 1/3 cup date pieces Dash or three of cinnamon 3 cups water 1 cup unsweetened Almond milk Molasses or Stevia to taste Preparation: 1) The night before. Winter Grain Cereal Ingredients: 2/3 cups steel cut oats 1/3 cup pearl barley 2 Tbsp. 5) Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes. ©www. add water 1 inch above grains.17. 4) Reduce to a bare simmer and stir occasionally for 10 minutes or so. 6) This is also really good with dried apricots or with fresh chopped apples.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 37 . strain water off grains. cover and let set overnight. Makes 3-4 servings. 2) In the AM. 3) Add the dried fruit. put grains and cinnamon in a large bowl or pot. the soy milk and 3 cups water and bring to a simmer on the stove.
18. Reduce the heat as you do subsequent batches. Serve with fat free maple syrup. Fry in a non-stick pan sprayed with Pam. as it reduces the amount of Pam you need to fry them. or they will tend to stick. jam or jelly.com 38 . vanilla Dash of salt 2 tsp. Be sure to add more soy milk or water to keep the batter from getting too thick as it sits. Tofu-Breakfast Pancakes Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat flour 1 package silken Mori-Nu low fat tofu (1 gm/3 oz) 1 large apple 1 tsp. except for the Cinnamon and blueberries. fat substitute (Sunsweet Lighter Bake) 1 to 2 cups Almond milk 1 cup blueberries Powdered cinnamon for topping while cooking Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Just put all the ingredients in a food processor.VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. Try to use a cover to steam the pancakes as much as fry them.
cinnamon.com 39 . ©www. Boil and then simmer the quinoa in water and mollasses for ten minutes. Variations – try adding vanilla. nut. or yeast.VegetarianFoodPlan. Quinoa Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2 cup water 1/4 cup quinoa 1/4 cup steel cut oats 1/4 cup peaches Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg Dash of Himalayan salt 1 Tbsp. blackstrap molasses or raw honey Currants or raisins to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Rinse the grains.19. Add the oats and fruit and simmer for another 15 minutes. Makes 1 large serving OR 2 small servings.
com 40 . wetting your hands with water to help pat the dough down evenly. Stir dry ingredients into wet.20. Press the dough into the baking dish. sunflower seeds. In a large bowl. combine almond flour. combine grapeseed oil. almond slivers and raisins. pumpkin seeds. Tropical Breakfast Bars Ingredients: 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 cup Grapeseed oil 1/4 cup agave nectar 1 tsp. vanilla extract 1/2 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds 1/2 cup sunflower seed 1/4 cup slivered almond 1/4 cup raisins Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) In a small bowl.VegetarianFoodPlan. salt and baking soda. 8) Serve. Makes 12-16 bars. Grease an 8x8 baking dish with grapeseed oil. 7) Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. ©www. agave and vanilla. Mix in coconut.
cut into 1/4 “ slices 1 medium orange bell pepper. julienned 1/3 cup sunflower seeds.LUNCH RECIPES 1. julienned 1 medium jicama. julienned 1 medium yellow squash or zucchini. raw Dressing: 2 Tbsp. cut into 1/4 “ slices in a diagonal 1 large hothouse cucumber. cut into 1/4 “ slices 1 medium red bell pepper. vinegar Salt and pepper Dash of honey to balance out the flavour Preparation: 1) Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. fresh tarragon. 2) Add a little water or more vinegar if necessary to thin.VegetarianFoodPlan. Rainbow Salad Ingredients: 1 medium red onion 1 medium green bell pepper. flat-leaf parsley 1 Tbsp.com 41 . flaxseed oil 2 large ripe avocados 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt 1 medium shallot 2 Tbsp. 3) Place all vegetables in bowel and toss with salad dressing. cut into 1/4 “ slices 2 medium Belgian endive. chopped optional 3 Tbsp. ©www.
Toss the apple slices with the remaining tablespoon of orange juice to keep them from browning. 2 sprigs of cilantro. freshly squeezed orange juice 1 Tbsp.2. then turn the slices over and let sit for another 30 minutes. ginger.VegetarianFoodPlan. Roll up the rice paper to form a tight bundle. soy sauce. Peel. minced ginger A pinch of cayenne 1 Granny Smith apple 9 (8-inch diameter) dried rice paper wrappers 18 fresh cilantro stems 1 cup finely shredded Napa cabbage 1 bunch scallions. soy sauce 1 Tbsp. Tofu Apple Spring Rolls The Wonders of Rice Paper: Rice paper wrappers are a fantastic alternative to bread for the gluten-intolerant. Set aside to cool. or until softened. some Napa cabbage. washed and patted dry Add grated lime for zest Preparation: 1) 2) 3) Wrap the tofu in a kitchen towel and set it on a plate. the mirin. mirin (Sweet Japanese cooking wine) 1 Tbsp. and scallions in a mound just below the center of the wrapper. If packing for later. 4) 5) 6) 7) ©www. and thinly slice the Granny Smith apple. folding in the sides along the way. Look for them in packages at Asian markets. Dip one of the wrappers in a wide bowl filled with warm water for 15 seconds. and canola oil. then turn the tofu block on its side and cut into thirds again. minced 1 Tbsp. Make a marinade by whisking together 3 tablespoons of the orange juice. Press the tofu for 30 minutes. until it is golden brown and the marinade is absorbed. Transfer to a dry work surface and pat dry. Place the slices in an 8×8-inch baking dish and pour the marinade over the top. Bake the tofu and marinade for 40 minutes. Put another plate on top and weigh it down with something heavy. core. Serve or pack each roll wrapped in a lettuce leaf (this will keep the spring roll from sticking to the plate).com 42 . canola oil 2 garlic cloves. Stir in the garlic. Preheat the oven to 375°F. sliced 9 large leaf or butterhead lettuce leaves. Arrange a slice of tofu along with some apple slices. Let the tofu sit for 30 minutes. making nine equal slices. Ingredients: 1 pound firm tofu 4 Tbsp. cover the rolls with a damp paper towel and some plastic wrap to keep them from drying out. Cut the tofu into three slices lengthwise. and cayenne.
Add the onion and sauté until soft and slightly golden. ©www. 2) Arrange the cut tomatoes on a large (10×16-inch) baking sheet. Drizzle the tomatoes with 1/4 cup olive oil and sprinkle with salt. they should fill the pan completely. thyme. 3) Warm the rest of the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. cut in half lengthwise (About 35) 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. then arrange them cut side up. dried thyme Preparation: 1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. Add the basil. about 10 minutes. Toss with your hands until the tomatoes are evenly coated with oil. Simmer for 15 minutes. sea salt 1/2 a medium onion. bag) 1/2 tsp. Roasted Tomato Basil Soup Ingredients: 6–6 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes. extra virgin olive oil 1 Tbsp. and 1 cup water (you may need to add an extra cup if the tomatoes are on the dry side). with crackers or chunks of store-bought artisan-style bread.com 43 . 5) Serve piping hot. minced 1 tsp. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.3. red pepper flakes (Optional) 2 cups fresh whole basil leaves (one 2 oz. pouring finished soup into a clean saucepan or soup tureen (you may wish to strain the soup as you do this to remove any remaining skin or seeds. chopped 1 large garlic clove.VegetarianFoodPlan. Place in oven and roast the tomatoes for 50 minutes. depending on the strength of your blender). Carefully pour in all the tomatoes and their juices. Add garlic and pepper flakes and sauté for one more minute. 4) Blend the soup in batches in the blender. Remove pan from the oven and set aside.
then cover with a generous amount of water. stir in the salt and pepper to taste and serve hot. dried oregano A pinch of cayenne 1/2 cup uncooked lentils (Black. oregano. brown. ground cumin 1 1/2 tsp. until the beans are tender. extra virgin olive oil 1 onion. dried thyme 1/2 tsp. 2) Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic. beef-style texturized vegan protein (TVP) 1 (6-ounce) can salt-free tomato paste 1 tsp. When the oil is hot. Chili Con "Carne" Ingredients: 1/2 cup dried black beans 1/2 cup dried pinto beans 1/2 cup dried navy beans 1 Tbsp. sage. thyme.com 44 . 4) Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 8 hours. or until the garlic is soft and the spices are fragrant. about 5 minutes.VegetarianFoodPlan. add the onion and bell pepper and sauté until the onion is translucent and soft. just not red) 1 cup dried. 5) When the chili is done. minced 1 tsp. 3) Scrape the onion and spice mixture into the insert of a medium-size (2. sea salt (Or to taste) Freshly ground black pepper Preparation: 1) Combine the black beans. Let the beans soak for several hours or overnight. If you are around. pinto beans. Add 5 cups of boiling water and stir until everything is combined and there are no lumps of tomato paste.4.5 to 3 quarts) slow cooker. chopped 1 garlic clove. and tomato paste. and navy beans in a mixing bowl. paprika 1/2 tsp. dried sage 1 tsp. ©www. and cayenne and sauté. for another 2 minutes. or crimson are all fine here. TVP. give the chilli a stir or two during the day to ensure even cooking. cumin. Rinse and drain the beans. paprika. stirring constantly. finely chopped 1/2 a green or red bell pepper. Drain the dry beans and add them to the slow cooker along with the lentils.
until just tender. Toss again before serving. ©www. 2) Lightly steam the broccoli. Drain and allow to cool. Italian Pasta Salad Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups bowtie or corkscrew pasta 1 cup broccoli.5. 4) Allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least one hour before serving. toss together the pasta. chopped fresh basil 1 cup fat-free vegan Italian salad dressing Sea salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) Cook the pasta according to package directions in salted water.VegetarianFoodPlan. broccoli and remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. diced 1/3 cup sliced black olives 2 Tbsp. chopped small 1 12 ounce can water-packed artichoke hearts.com 45 . can green beans. diced 1 12 oz. diced 1 -2 tomatoes. diced 1 red or yellow bell pepper. drained and chopped 1 purple onion. 3) In a large bowl.
onion and spices. for an additional 45 minutes. Reheat before serving. Remove bay leaf. Curried Split Pea and Potato Soup Ingredients: 16 oz. for 1 hour. dried oregano 1 tsp. or until the soup reaches desired thickness.com 46 . ©www. covered. chopped 1 tsp. potatoes and celery.VegetarianFoodPlan. curry powder 1/2 tsp. 2) Stir in the carrots. pepper 1/2 tsp. combine the split peas. Simmer. chopped 2 stalks celery. stirring occasionally. salt 1 bay leaf 2 large carrots. chopped 3 medium potatoes. 3) Puree in a blender or food processor. green split peas. Simmer. garlic powder 1 tsp.6. chopped Preparation: 1) In a large saucepan. water. uncovered. dried 10 cups water 1 onion.
garlic powder Black pepper. pickle relish 1 Y2 Tbsp. ©www. finely shredded 3 Tbsp. prepared mustard 1 Y2 tsp. chopped finely 1 small carrot. you may wish to finely cube the tofu). The resulting savory treat is wonderful as a sandwich spread. chopped finely 4 scallions (White and green parts). served on crackers. finely chopped 1 tsp. firm Y2 cup eggless mayonnaise (Nasoya Nayonnaise is my favorite!) 2 red bell peppers. Raw Eggless Egg Salad Ingredients: 1 Y2 pounds tofu. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.VegetarianFoodPlan. to taste Add dill to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) In a large bowl. mash tofu with a fork or potato masher (alternatively.6. onion granules 1/4 tsp. turmeric 4 tsp. or as a side salad. chopped fresh parsley 2 stalks celery.com 47 . sea salt 1 Y2 tsp.
dried oregano 2 Tbsp. 4) Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. and stir in the cilantro or parsley. stirring. 3) Stir in the tomatoes. ground coriander 1 tsp. chili powder 3 medium tomatoes. ©www. This is to replace the oil that is often used for sautéing. garlic. drained (Or 1-1/2 cups frozen corn. coriander. Tres Bean Chilli Ingredients: 1 orange bell pepper. 6) Serve in shallow bowls. drained and rinsed 1 can corn. ground cumin 1 tsp.8. water for sautéing 1/4 tsp. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 yellow onion. peeled and chopped (Or one 16-ounce can diced tomatoes) 1 can kidney beans. onion. to taste Water or tomato juice as needed 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves or fresh parsley (Optional) Squeeze lime juice to taste (Optional) Preparation: 1) Heat up the few tablespoons of water in a heavy 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. chili powder. thawed) Salt and freshly ground pepper. and all the beans. adding water or tomato juice as needed if too much liquid evaporates. finely chopped 3-4 Tbsp. 5) Season with salt and black pepper. Add a little water as needed. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 red bell pepper. and cumin. coarsely chopped 2-3 cloves garlic.com 48 . 2) Add the bell peppers. and bring to a boil. drained and rinsed 1 can black beans. the canned corn. cayenne pepper 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. and cook. oregano. drained and rinsed 1 can pinto beans. for 5 minutes. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 yellow bell pepper. cayenne.
weigh pumpkin seeds. * You can use pine nuts instead of pumpkin seeds. salt. liquid smoke flavouring Preparation: 1) In a medium-small wide bowl. diced green chillies 1 tsp. sea salt 1/4 tsp. or flax crackers. and liquid smoke flavor. cooked pinto beans 4 oz. chili powder 1/4 tsp. or omit both. 2) Add chili powder.9. Transfer them to a food processor. Process until almost smooth.com 49 . * If you want to use canned beans. 3) Add water if needed. cans. and green chilies.VegetarianFoodPlan. pinto beans. rinsed and drained. Mexican Bean Spread Ingredients: 1/2 oz. raw pumpkin seeds 16 oz. you will need 2 15 oz. ©www. 4) Serve with raw veggies or baked tortilla chips.
cumin and paprika. ©www. Raw Vegan Ceviche Ingredients: 1 cup corn (Do not cut it up.VegetarianFoodPlan. 4) Stir well keep covered in the fridge 4-6 hours or more. by hand or with the food processor.10. 2) Put all chopped veggies in a large bowl and add: 1/2 tsp. 3) Add juice of one large pink grapefruit. just put it in the bowl) 1 cup butternut squash 1 cup cauliflower 1/2 of a red bell pepper with seeds removed 2 Roma tomatoes 1 Carrot 1 Plum 2 Celery stalks 1 Onion 3 Garlic cloves 1 Larger grapefruit Preparation : 1) Cut each vegetable or fruit.com 50 . black pepper. each salt. The pieces should be about the size of a corn kernel. in to very small pieces.
3) Dehydrate at 145F. sesame seeds 1/2 cup corn kernels (Fresh/frozen) 1 large clove of garlic 1 small onion. dry dill 1 tsp.11. cumin 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. gently turning every two hours or so until they start to get crispy on the outside. nutritional yeast (Optional) 1/2 tsp. Makes about 15 balls. chopped about a cup 1/2 cup celery leaf (Or parsley/cilantro) 1 Roma tomato 1/2 cup olives 1 Tbsp.com 51 . ©www. 2) Mix well and form 1/4 cup balls. salt 1 Tbsp. curry A squeeze of lemon Preparation: 1) Place all ingredients in food processor until it turns into a paste. Raw Vegan Falafel Ingredients: 1 cup sunflower seeds 1 Tbsp.
basil.com 52 . Raw Lettuce Wraps Ingredients: 1/2 cup hemp seed 1/2 cup lemon juice 1 1/2 Tbsp. 3) 4) 5) ©www. you might need to stick a cocktail stick in it to hold.12.redchilli1Tbsp. a few sticks of carrot. Place the collard leaf on a cutting board with the underside facing up. Then you put some of the cabbage mix on the leaf. Add some hemp seeds. and soy sauce. and a few leafs of cilantro and. chopped ginger 1/4 cup green onions sliced 1/2Tbsp. shredded 6 large collard green leaves or for a more mild flavor. Cut the Mango lenthwise into strips. You should get a rather thick consistency. In a blender.nam ashoyusauce 1 cup raw almond butter 1/2 head Savoy cabbage.VegetarianFoodPlan. Add the almond butter and blend at low speed to combine. about 1/4 inch (1 cm) thick. The best and easiest way is to do this with you hands or a large wooden spoon. (You may add water if it needs to be thinner) In a bowl. red chili. mix the almond butter dressing with the cabbage. romaine leaves 1 carrot 1 ripe mango 1 handful cilantro leaves 1 handful torn basil leaves Himalayan sea salt Preparation: 1) 2) Cut the carrot into matchstick-size pieces. ginger. Roll it up and the spinach leaf. puree the honey. lemon juice. a few pieces of mango. Do this for all the other spinach leafs until the ingredients are gone.
tarragon leaf 1 tsp. spices. coriander 2 Tbsp. frozen veggies. Simmer for 5 minutes.13. garlic powder 1 tsp. ©www. unpasteurized miso paste 1 can or 15 oz. Simple Carrot-Bean Soup Ingredients: 3 cups water 1 Tbsp. garam masala 1/2 tsp. chopped 1-1/2 cups frozen peas/carrots/corn (Any or all) 1 tsp. and carrots into a pot. onion. cumin seed Salt to taste 1/2 tsp. miso paste. 3) Simmer for 10 minutes. fenugreek powder 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper 1 tsp. 2) Add beans.com 53 . and oil. navy beans 1/2 large onion 4 medium carrots. olive oil Preparation: 1) Put water.VegetarianFoodPlan.
Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew Ingredients: 2 cups onion.14.com 54 . rinsed and drained 1 1/2 cups tomatoes diced 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water Lemon juice to taste Preparation: 1) Sauté all ingredients in skillet for 10-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. deseeded and diced 1 cup red bell pepper. ©www. minced in garlic press 2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. diced 1 cup green bell pepper. ground coriander Dash of cinnamon 3 tsp. quartered lengthwise and sliced 1 can or 15 oz. olive oil 2 Tbsp. ground cumin 1 tsp. sea salt 1 tsp. diced 2 cups zucchini. chickpeas. deseeded and diced 1 Tbsp. ground black pepper 3 cups sweet potato. curry powder 2 tsp. garlic.
Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. curry and pepper. rinsed and drained 1/3 cup chopped walnuts 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs 2 eggs 1 tsp. thinly sliced 1/4 cup fat-free red wine vinaigrette 2 cans (15 oz. split or whole romaine lettuce leaves 6 lettuce leaves Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) In a small bowl. set aside. Makes 6 servings.com 55 . each) chickpeas or garbanzo beans.15. Add the eggs. curry powder Tomato sliced 1/2 tsp. pepper 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise 2 tsp. walnuts. Serve patties on buns with lettuce and tomato or wrap in lettuce leaf and reserved onion mixture. Combine mayonnaise and mustard. spread over cut sides of buns. cover and process until smooth. Dijon mustard 6 sesame seed hamburger buns.VegetarianFoodPlan. Chickpea Burgers Ingredients: 1 large red onion. ©www. cover and pulse until blended. wheat germ and parsley. Shape into six patties. In a food processor. combine onion and vinaigrette. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until firm. combine the chickpeas.
2) Place the whole squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil and roast for 40-45 minutes. or delicate squash 1/3 cup pineapple juice 1 Tbsp. allow to cool for 10 minutes. extra virgin olive oil 1/4 tsp. and pepper among the halves and use a fork to fluff and incorporate mixture into squash. all spice Dash of cinnamon (Optional) Salt and pepper Preparation: 1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. salt. butternut. reserve them to roast if you’d like. oil. Acorn Squash with Pineapple Ingredients: 2 medium acorn. or until tender. all spice.16. then cut in half horizontally.com 56 . 5) Divide the juice. 6) E n j o y ! ©www. 4) Scoop out the seeds. 3) Remove from the oven.VegetarianFoodPlan.
com 57 . cheese and sour cream.VegetarianFoodPlan. top with tomato. seeded and chopped 1/2 cup salsa 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or vegan cheese 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Saute yellow and red pepper in a pan. salsa. Spoon 1/2 cupful down the center of each tortilla.) black beans. Add beans. Fold in half. ©www.17. Makes 4 servings. Black Bean Fajitas Ingredients: 1/2 cup each julienned sweet yellow pepper and red pepper 1 cup red onions julienned 1 can (15 oz. cover and cook 1 minute longer or until heated through. rinsed and drained 4 low carb tortillas (6 inches). warmed or lettuce leaf for wrap 1 medium tomato.
VegetarianFoodPlan. peeled 1/4 cup water 1 avocado 1 clove garlic 1 cup tomato 1 Tbsp. unpasteurized barley miso Y2 tsp.com 58 . salt Y2 tsp. Raw Creamed Spinach Soup Ingredients: Y2 head spinach leaves Y2 cucumber. freshly cracked pepper Dash chili powder 1 Tbsp. lemon juice 1 Tbsp. cold pressed olive oil Preparation: 1) Blend all ingredients until smooth. ©www.18.
cumin. Add ginger root. Simmer over low heat for about 25 minutes.com 59 . ©www. and cayenne. Add salt just before serving. chopped 2 Tbsp. Kick-it-up Spicy Curry Lentils Ingredients: 12 oz. diced 1 tsp. spinach.19. ginger root. Makes 4 servings. red lentils (dry) 1 tsp. cored and diced 2 cups of spinach 1 cup tomatoes. seeded. and turmeric and sauté until the onion is transparent. onion. minced 1 medium onion. garam masala 1/2 tsp. cumin powder 1/2 tsp. tomatoes and coriander.VegetarianFoodPlan. cayenne pepper 3 Anaheim chiles roasted. turmeric 1 tsp. Add garlic. masala. salt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) Heat oil in skillet. Add washed lentils and cover mixture with water. diced and crushed 2 cloves garlic. fresh coriander 1 tsp. Add chiles.
©www. kelp flakes (Gives it a fishy flavor) Vegan mayonaise Salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) Mash the garbanzo beans. 2) Add remaining ingredients and mix well. chopped 1/2 small onion. finely minced 1-2 Tbsp.20. 3) Can have as a side dish or on vegetables or salad.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 60 . Mock Tuna Salad Ingredients: 1 cup garbanzo beans (Canned or pre-cooked) 1 stalk celery.
and add to the salad. garbanzo beans. and roasted bell peppers and add to the bowel. Zesty 3 Bean Salad Ingredients: 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz.com 61 . roasted bell peppers 1 clove minced garlic 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley. 5) Stir and serve chilled. cooked 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. diced 1 medium hothouse cucumber 15 oz. cooked 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. roughly chopped 3 Tbsp. agave nectar or honey 1/2 tsp. pinto beans. cucumber. * You can use other beans and it will be very tasty. salt and pepper in a large bowl. cooked 1 pound green peas. extra virgin olive oil 1 medium red onion.VegetarianFoodPlan. dried basil Salt and pepper Preparation: 1) Whisk together the orange zest and juice. rough chop the parsley. ©www. balsamic vinegar 1 Tbsp.21. 3) Mince the garlic. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. thawed 1 large orange. 4) Drain and rinse the beans and add along with the peas. oil. zest and juice 2 Tbsp. black beans. Dijon mustard 2 Tbsp. mustard. vinegar. 2) Dice the onion.
black pepper Salt and pepper. 1 hour or longer. dried parsley 1/4 tsp. brimming with fiber. with the split peas quite broken down and mushy.com 62 . diced 1 tsp. checking for any impurities. to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Rinse split peas.VegetarianFoodPlan. dried marjoram 1 tsp. diced 2 celery stalks. ground mustard 1/4 tsp. A crock pot works very well for making this soup and cook for 6-8 hours. pressed or minced 2 carrots. diced 2 or 3 garlic cloves. such as stones or residue. Make sure there’s enough water.22. low in calories and fat. Ingredients: 2 cups green split peas. and freezes well. Cover loosely and cook until peas are tender. dried basil 1/2 tsp. Split Pea Soup This wonderful soup is filling. Place all ingredients except salt and pepper in a soup pot. dry uncooked 6 to 7 cups water or vegetable stock 1 medium-size yellow onion. and bring to a simmer. Makes 4 to 6 servings. and serve hot. 6) Add salt and pepper to taste. 7) Can make creamy by blending in food processor. 5) The resulting soup should be thick and creamy. Check occasionally to make sure water has not completely evaporated. packed with protein. ©www. Heat should be low-medium.
green onion thinly sliced 1/2” ginger. and stir to coat. Cover. Rapeseed oil 4 cloves garlic. or to taste 1 lb. ©www. Add tofu to the pan with soy sauce.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 63 . Stir in garlic and ginger. Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle green onion over tofu before serving. minced maybe you can use garlic press 1 lime 1 Tbsp. Garlic Ginger Tofu Ingredients: 3 Tbsp.DINNER RECIPES 1. and continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes. and cook for 1 minute. firm tofu Preparation 1) 2) 3) : Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat. soy sauce. minced or in garlic press 2 Tbsp.
slowly add oil. Dijon mustard 1/4 tsp. whisking to combine. freshly ground black pepper Garlic cloves. ©www. tossing gently to coat. let stand 10 minutes. 2) Stir in tomato and thyme. covered.VegetarianFoodPlan. trimmed Preparation: 1) Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. extra virgin olive oil 1/2 cup seeded chopped tomato 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme 16 oz.com 64 . or 1 pound green beans. Steamed Green Beans with Tomato-Garlic Vinaigrette Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. 3) Steam beans. salt 1/8 tsp. white wine vinegar 1/2 tsp. crushed and minced 1 Tbsp. 4) Cut into 2-inch pieces. add to tomato mixture.2.
5) Serve with or without rice. nama shoyu and ginger in water and remaining oil for several minutes. Vegetable N’ Braised Tofu Ingredients: 1 pound tofu firm silken style (Organic and non-gmo). divided 1 cup whole water chestnuts. and sesame seeds and sauté 2-4 more minutes.3. ©www. Rapeseed oil 2 tsp. minced in garlic press 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms.VegetarianFoodPlan. 4) Add chestnuts. pressed in garlic press 2 tsp. 3) Stir fry mushrooms.com 65 . garlic. sesame oil. drained and sliced 2 Tbsp. nama shoyu 3 Tbsp. green onions. green onions 2 tsp. green beans. 2) Fry for about 5 minutes or until browned. tofu. fresh ginger. fresh garlic. cubed 1” 1 tsp. stems removed 1 cup fresh snow peas 1 cup water Preparation: 1) Heat 1 tsp. rapeseed oil in pan and add cubed tofu.
vegan cheese as toppings. garlic.4. nama shoyu. whisk together remaining chopped basil and garlic. olive oil 2 Tbsp. and vegan mayonnaise.com 66 . and tamari. or sun dried tomatoes in olive oil are ready to go. Portobello Mushroom Burgers with Sun dried Tomato Aioli Ingredients: 6 sun-dried tomatoes or in olive oil 1/4 cup hot water 2-3 cup chopped fresh basil 2 Tbsp. Grill for 5 minutes and flip with tongs. combine sun dried tomatoes and water. Preparation: 1) Rehydrate sun dried tomatoes in warm water for 15 min. chopped basil. minced garlic 1 cup vegan mayonnaise 3 Tbsp. 3) In a small bowl. onion slices. balsamic vinegar 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar. of bragg liquid aminos 6 Portobello mushrooms. 2) Food process.VegetarianFoodPlan. Grill an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. tomato slices. and process for 1 minute. ©www. olive oil. 4) Dip each mushroom in marinade and place on hot grill. tamari. cleaned and dried Whole grain buns or rolls Lettuce. Set aside. 5) Serve on toasted bun with fresh vegetables on top and sun dried tomato aioli.
pinch Toppings: 1 tomato.1/2 tsp. Mash. black beans 2 Tbsp. cubed 1 avocado.VegetarianFoodPlan. Add apple cider vinegar. or blend beans and onion into a puree. cayenne pepper Black pepper. onion. cumin 1 tsp. Prepare toppings. Burrito of Black Beans Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. Remove from heat and cover.5. ©www. Add spices.com 67 . peeled and cubed Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Strain and rinse black beans. minced 1/4 . apple cider vinegar Spices: 1 clove of garlic. Use a leaf of lettuce or tortillas to wrap up the bean. diced 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. food process.
deseeded and diced 2 Tbsp. diced Y2 cup carrots 1 cup cucumber.com 68 . minced 1 tsp. diced 2/3 bell peppers and color. deseeded and diced 1/3 cup red onions. Garden Patch Gazpacho Ingredients: 2 cups tomato vegetable juice low sodium 1 cup tomatoes. put all vegetables slightly chopped in food processor and pulse until soup has reached desired chunkiness. thinly sliced 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 1 jalapeno pepper. diced 1/3 celery. fresh lime juice or apple cider vinegar 1 Tbsp. sea salt 1/4 tsp. chilli powder Y2 tsp. 3) Cover and chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow flavors to blend. halved and thinly sliced 1/4 cup green onions. ©www. 2) To speed up the chopping process. diced 1/4 cup radishes. ground cumin 1-2 tsp. ground pepper Hot red pepper optional Preparation: 1) Combine all ingredients and stir well. garlic. olive oil 1 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan.6.
black beans. 3) While kasha is cooking.7. lemon juice 2 Tbsp. Broccoli Smothered in Black Bean Sauce Ingredients: 1 large bunch broccoli 4 cups boiling water 2 cups kasha (Use buckwheat groats for a milder flavor) 1/2 tsp. salt 1 1/2 oz.com 69 . Cut or break the tops into bite-sized florets. sundried tomatoes in oil 1/4 cup chopped onion 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. ground coriander 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Preparation: 1) Cut off broccoli stems. 4) Just before you are ready to eat. or until all the liquid has been absorbed. 2) Place kasha and salt into the water in a large saucepan. then top with steamed broccoli and black-bean sauce. Peel the stem with a sharp knife. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.VegetarianFoodPlan. or until it is bright green and just tender. chili powder 1/4 tsp. ©www. steam broccoli over boiling water for about 5 minutes. ground cumin 1/4 tsp. cooked and drained 1/2 cup roasted red pepper 2 Tbsp. Set aside. tahini (Sesame seed butter) 1/2 tsp. 5) Place a small portion of kasha on each serving plate. combine and purée all the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender. then slice it into 1/2-inch thick rounds.
Zesty Tofu and Vegetables Ingredients: 2 to 3 cups cubed summer squash (Zucchini. or other seasoning mix Olive oil Risotto. or pasta. polenta. cubed 1/2 pound very firm tofu.8. crookneck. Spike. ©www. cut into 1-inch cubes 1 Tbsp. or pasta Preparation: 1) 2) Sauté the vegetables and mix in tofu cubes. and top with fresh tomato wedges. Polenta.VegetarianFoodPlan. cut into chunks 1 red bell pepper. Use water in pan if you need more liquid to sauté. Schilling Garlic and Herb. or scallop) 1 onion.com 70 . Spread the cooked vegetables over Risotto. seeded and cut into large pieces 2 cups small mushrooms 2 tomatoes.
Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a mild boil. ground cumin seed 1 tsp. oregano 1 tsp. Stir all of the spices into the skillet. using a can of diced tomatoes instead of the chopped whole tomatoes does not come out as well. and add the green pepper and onion. 3 Bean Bonanza Chili Ingredients: 2 Tbsp. but do not let them get brown. cooked Preparation (Makes 6 servings): 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. stirring often while you do the next few steps. Garnish with fresh chopped onion and shredded cheese if desired. If the onion starts to brown too quickly. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for at least 30 minutes. chili powder 1 jalapeno (Optional) seeded and chopped 1 tsp. and put them (including the juice) into a dish.VegetarianFoodPlan. For some reason. the more the flavors will blend (up to about an hour). ©www. chopped 1 cup vegetable broth 4 tsp. cooked 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. The longer you cook the chili. red kidney beans. turn down the heat on the skillet and add a little water to slow things down. Cook for at least 5 minutes. black beans. cooked 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. garlic powder 1 tsp. olive oil 1 green pepper. white northern or pinto beans. Drain and rinse the beans. seasoned (or black) pepper 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. Cut the whole tomatoes into small pieces. basil leaf 2 tsp.com 71 . salt 1/2 tsp.9. sugar 1/2 tsp. chopped 2 1/2 cups whole tomatoes. coarsely chopped 1 cup onion.
cooked and removed from shell 1/4 cup carrots.10. Spaghetti Squash Salad Ingredients: Whole Spaghetti Squash. 2) Place in tortilla and top with plain yogurt and salsa.plain yogurt and salsa Low carb tortilla Preparation: 1) Heat all ingredients together on the stove. black beans 1/4 cup green bell peppers 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds.com 72 .VegetarianFoodPlan. raw 1/4 cup fresh/frozen corn Dash of chilli powder Sea salt Topping. ©www. grated 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms 1/4 cup red bell peppers 8 oz.
Add the basmati rice and tofu and reduce heat to simmer. ground cumin 1/2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan.11. package firm tofu 2 carrots. Defrost the spinach and squeeze out the extra water. peeled and sliced into half rounds 1 10 oz. 9) Add salt and pepper to taste. black pepper 1 tsp. Cook for 10 minutes. cook for a while longer. 7) Add the spinach and cook for another 3-5 minutes to heat it up. package frozen spinach Salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Sauté carrots and spices for 3-5 minutes. ©www. ground coriander 1 tsp. After 20 minutes of cooking the rice should be looking more or less done. Basmati Spinach Stew Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. ground ginger 1/2 tsp.com 73 . cayenne pepper 1 14 oz. can coconut milk (Don't use the "light" version) 4 cups water 1 cup basmati rice 1 16 oz. ground mustard 1 tsp. 8) Take the pot off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Canola oil 1 1/2 tsp. Add the water and coconut milk and bring to a gentle boil. If not.
Makes 4 servings. toasted Preparation: 1) In a large nonstick skillet or wok. braggs amino acids 2 tsp. Add squash. pepper 2 cups hot cooked brown rice 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds. Remove and keep warm. 4) Stir in vegetable broth and sweetener and add to the pan. salt 1/4 tsp. stir-fry 1 teaspoon ginger in 1 teaspoon oil for 1 minute. divided 3 tsp.12. heat through. sprinkle with almonds. thinly sliced 1 package (14 oz. 5) Add asparagus mixture and tofu. Remove and keep warm. canola oil. Asparagus N’ Squash Tofu Stir-Fry Ingredients: 1/2 tsp. divided 1 cup onions 1 lb. minced fresh gingerroot. fresh asparagus. halved and sliced 2 green onions. agave nectar or honey 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth 4 tsp. stir-fry 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add onions. trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces 1 medium yellow summer squash. 2) Add asparagus. nama shoyu. drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes 1/4 tsp.com 74 .) extra-firm tofu. ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. stir-fry for 2 minutes. pepper and remaining ginger in remaining oil for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. stir-fry tofu. salt. 3) In the same pan. 6) Serve with rice. cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Bring to a boil. stir-fry 2 minutes longer.
VegetarianFoodPlan. Marinate the seitan in the mixture for at least 45 minutes. ©www. turning once and brushing with extra marinade as desired.13. Add to grilled vegetables or on top of a fresh salad. olive oil 1 lb. Zesty Grilled Seitan Recipe Ingredients: 1/4 cup white wine 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar Zest and juice from one lime Dash salt and pepper to taste 2 Tbsp. seitan Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Whisk together all ingredients except for the seitan.com 75 . Grill over hot coals.
©www.com 76 . Add 1.VegetarianFoodPlan.14. Drain off any remaining water and stir in the tahini and soy sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer and simmer until the beans are soft (depending on your beans 45 minutes to an hour). Drain off the water and transfer the beans to a saucepan.5 cups water to the beans. soy sauce Water for cooking the beans Preparation: 1) 2) Soak the beans overnight in 2 cups of water. Sesame Adzuki Beans Ingredients: 1/2 cup dry adzuki beans 1/4 cup tahini 1 Tbsp. 3) Makes 2 -4 servings.
undrained 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. fat free vegetarian refried beans 1 cup diced tomatoes 1 cup salsa Toppings (Avocado. 2) Add the other ingredients to the pot and simmer for 30-40 minutes. fresh cut of the cob 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. undrained 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. Taco Soup Ingredients: 1 large onion.15. cilantro.com 77 .VegetarianFoodPlan. black beans. cooked. vegan cheese) Preparation: 1) Saute the onion until soft in a large pot sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. great northern beans. Makes 15 cups. chopped 1 package low sodium natural taco seasoning 2 cups whole kernel corn. ©www.
olive oil 1 medium onion. vegetarian baked beans. finely chopped 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1 tsp. about 30 to 40 minutes. to taste Freshly ground black pepper.16. ©www. finely chopped 2 jalapenos. 5) Cook until chillies are tender and cheese is browned and bubbling. finely chopped 2 cloves garlic.com 78 . hot sauce. Add onion. hot sauce and 8 ounces of cheese. red bell pepper. Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese or vegan cheese. to taste Preparation: 1) Cut poblano chiles in half lengthwise to create a boat for filling and scrape out seeds. seeded and chopped 1/2 red bell pepper. 4) Set up grill for indirect grilling and preheat to medium. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed chiles and sprinkle with remaining cheese. ground cumin 3 1/2 cups or 28 oz. coarsely grated Salt. garlic.VegetarianFoodPlan. to taste 12 oz. 3) Remove pan from heat and stir in baked beans. Arrange the chillies on the grill away from the heat. drained 1-3 tsp. cilantro and cumin. Makes 6 – 8 servings. Grilled Stuffed Chili Rellenos or Green Bell Peppers Ingredients: 6 large poblano chiles or red/green bell peppers 2 Tbsp. 2) Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet. jalapenos. and cook over medium heat until golden brown for about 4 minutes.
17. crumbled 1 tsp. Add sauteed onions and the rest of the ingredients. Make veggie burgers and enjoy! 3) Makes 6 servings. approximately 1/2 inch thick and fry patties in a small amount of oil until slightly firm. Mixture will be thick. seasoned salt Salt and pepper to taste Oil for frying Whole grain bun or bread Preparation: 1) 2) Sautee the onions till soft. mash the beans until almost smooth. Form bean mixture into patties. In a large bowl.com 79 . diced 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. except the oil. ©www. onion powder 1/2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. black beans. about 3-5 minutes. garlic powder 1 tsp. adding the flour a few tablespoons at a time to combine well. Black Bean Burgers Ingredients: 1/2 onion. cooked 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 2 slices bread.
jalapeno and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. ©www. Makes 6 servings. agave nectar 1 tsp. minced 1 Tbsp. sauté the green pepper. Add tomatoes. pepper 5 cups hot cooked gluten free penne pasta Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a large skillet. bring to a boil. Simmer. minced fresh cilantro 1 tsp. for 10 minutes. sugar. Toss with pasta. Stir in the peas. uncovered. Penne Pasta & Beans Ingredients: 3 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes 1 cup chopped red bell pepper 1/2 cup chopped onion 1 jalapeno pepper. olive oil 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. vinegar. onion. cilantro. cannelloni beans. salt and pepper.VegetarianFoodPlan.18. simmer 10 minutes longer.com 80 . salt 1/8 tsp. seeded and chopped 3 garlic cloves. rinsed and drained 1-3 Tbsp. cider vinegar 1 tsp.
rinsed and drained 1 Y2 cup diced tomatoes Y2 cup (4 oz. garlic powder) 1 tsp. tomatoes. sprinkle with cheese. saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. minced 1 Tbsp. garlic powder 1/4 tsp. chilies and seasonings.VegetarianFoodPlan. Bring to a boil. Stir in the beans. oregano. Makes 8 servings. salt 1/4 tsp.com 81 . cumin. uncovered. peeled and sliced Fresh cilantro to top.19.) black beans. olive oil 4 cups (32 oz. chili powder (Or purchase a natural taco seasoning to replace chilli. chopped Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) In a nonstick skillet. Fold one side of tortilla over filling. warmed 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or vegan cheddar cheese 1 large ripe avocado. pepper 8 low carb tortillas (6 inches). ©www.) chopped green chilies 1 Tbsp. simmer. Bean Tacos Ingredients: 1 medium onion. ground cumin 1 tsp. for 3-5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Reduce heat. salt. chopped 2 garlic cloves. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla. Garnish with avocado and chopped cilantro.
20. set aside. bring to a boil. julienned 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms 1 tbsp. 2) In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray. peanut butter 1 can (14 oz. 6) Serve with rice. minced fresh ginger root 1/2 tsp. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are crisp-tender. 3) In the same pan. cut into 1-inch pieces 4 cups shredded cabbage 4 plum tomatoes.) firm tofu. crushed red pepper flakes 1 package (16 oz. stir-fry tofu in oil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. salt 1/2 tsp. stir-fry for 2 minutes. curry powder 1 tsp. honey or agave 1/2 tsp. Curried Tofu Stir-Fry Ingredients: 1/4 cup nama shoyu sauce or Braggs Amino Acid 2 Tbsp. ©www.com 82 . stir-fry yellow pepper for 1 minute. Add cabbage and tomatoes. Add mushrooms and onions.) light coconut milk 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots 8 green onions. combine the first 10 ingredients. Remove and keep warm. drained and cubed 2 tsp. sesame oil 1 medium sweet yellow pepper. Makes 6 servings. stir-fry 2 minutes longer. chopped 3 cups hot cooked brown rice Preparation: 1) In a small bowl. 5) Return tofu to skillet. chili powder 1/2 tsp. cornstarch 1-1/2 tsp. 4) Stir coconut milk mixture and add to skillet.VegetarianFoodPlan.
chopped 1 Tbsp. simmer. uncooked vegan spinach fettuccine 1 small green pepper. 3) Stir in the pasta sauce. dried basil 1 tsp.com 83 . rinsed and drained 2 Tbsp.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or vegan mozzarella cheese Preparation: 1) Cook fettuccine according to package directions. minced fresh basil or 2 tsp. fennel seed 1/4 tsp. Spinach Fettuccine with Tomato Basil Bean Sauce Ingredients: 6 oz. 5) Top with sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.VegetarianFoodPlan. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. olive oil 2 cups pasta sauce (no high fructose corn syrup) 1 3/4 cup or(15 oz. 2) Meanwhile. uncovered.) black beans. garlic salt Dash pepper 1/2 cup (4 oz. 4) Drain fettuccine.21. for 5 minutes. black beans and seasonings. Reduce heat. chopped 1 small onion. Makes 5 servings. sauté green pepper and onion in oil until tender. in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. ©www.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?