This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
About Kardena Pauza
Hi! My name is Kardena Pauza, and I’m a personal trainer and certified nutrition expert. In 2003 I completely changed my life by adopting a meat-free diet. And since then, I’ve been living the vegetarian lifestyle and loving it. At first I made many common vegetarian eating mistakes, but since then I’ve developed a simple, high-energy diet meal plan that has helped me build the body of my dreams. And I’m here to show you how to do it as well. Once you get started with a meatfree diet (and even dairy-free and egg-free), you’ll be amazed at how much mental and physical energy you can have all day long. You’ll no longer feel sluggish or tired after eating big heavy meals. You won’t fall asleep at your desk. You won’t be a zombie at work or at home when your kids want to play. And best of all, the body fat will just melt right off of you thanks to your new diet. As you can imagine, people have a lot of preconceived notions about a vegetarian diet and think that it will just make them weak, tired, pale, and sickly looking. But that is NOT the case if you eat the right foods. And once you try going completely animal-free, I know you’ll be hooked on the new vitality and energy in your life. I look forward to helping you, and please let me know if you have any questions! See you in the kitchen, Kardena Pauza Author,
Table of Contents Smoothies ............................................................................................................... .pg. 4 Desserts .................................................................................................................................pg. 11 Breakfast............................................................................................................... .pg. 27 Lunch .................................................................................................................... pg. 44 Dinner................................................................................................................... .pg. 67
SMOOTHIE RECIPES 1. Banana Carob Smoothie You’ll love this yummy smoothie that tastes similar to a chocolate-banana shake. And if you didn’t know what carob is, it’s a great, healthy substitute for chocolate. Of course, if you want “real” chocolate, you can use cocoa powder instead of the carob. Ingredients: 1 frozen chopped bananas 3/4 cup soy milk or almond milk- unsweetened preferably 1 1/2 Tbsp. carob powder 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or agave nectar 1/2 tsp. vanilla Dash of cinnamon Add water to make more pourable and ice if you prefer a chilled drink 2. Strawberry Ecstasy Smoothie Ingredients: 1 cup almond milk- unsweetened preferably 1 cup frozen or fresh Strawberries 2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder or cacao nibs (Nibs are more bitter) 1-2 dates or agave to taste 3. Spice Up Your Life You’ll be surprised by what adding cayenne can do to a chocolate or cacao smoothie! Ingredients: 1 cup coconut water (From fresh young thai coconut preferably or in a container) 1/4 cup almonds soaked 1 Tbsp. cacao powder 1/8 cup white raisins Dash of cayenne Pinch sea salt
© www. flax seeds (Thickens smoothie) 2 tsp. 1 Tbsp. coconut. sesame seeds 1 or 2 tsp. ground up flax seed 2 tsp. Mango Delight’ Smoothie Ingredients: 1 cup organic almond milk 1 large fresh mango (peeled) or frozen 1 apple. Banana Cherry and Sesame Ingredients: Frozen organic cherries (1/2 cup to 1 cup) 1 banana 2 Tbsp. ground up sesame seed 6.4. raw sunflower seeds 4-6 raw Brazil nuts or 4-8 soaked raw almonds 1 Tbsp. spinach.com . of raw cacao powder Raw honey or agave nectar as sweetener Water/ice to blend 5. ginger and blend. cored 2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. sunflower. coconut butter or oil 1 large mango (Peel & remove pit) 1/4” slice of fresh ginger root 1/3 cucumber (Optional to peel) 1-2 cups spinach 2-3 cups water Preparation: 1) Blend flax. Marvellous Mango Ingredients: 2-3 tsp. 2) Next add all the remaining ingredients: peeled mango. cucumber. and nuts in 2-3 cups of water first preferably.
of maca Handful of goji berries 1 tsp. of soaked brown flax seed 1 Tbsp. ZEN-ANANA Smoothie Ingredients: 1 large banana sliced 8 oz green tea 2 cup spinach 1 Gala or Fuji apple sliced pinch nutmeg or cinnamon © www. flax oil 1 tsp. frozen acai 1/3 to 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries 1-2 Tbsp.7. of your favorite dried green supplement Stevia (Optional) 10.VegetarianFoodPlan. cacao nibs 3-4 each raw almonds AND macadamia nuts 2 tsp. Cran-Orange Strawberry Smoothie Ingredients: 2 oranges 1 cup strawberries (Frozen or fresh) 1/3 cup unsweetened cranberries (Frozen is ok) 1 Tbsp. Low Glycemic Chocolate-Green Smoothie Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. of cacao powder 1/2 tsp. of coconut butter 1 tsp. chopped flax seeds 8.com 6 . Mac’ Berry Almond Smoothie Ingredients: 1/2 banana (Or substitute half an avocado but eliminate the flax oil) 4 oz. of honey 1 tray of ice cubes Water 9. hemp seeds 3 tsp.
flax meal 3 Tbsp. almond. Oat Meal Raw Food Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2-1 cup soaked oat groats (Let soak uncovered. less is better) 1 Tbsp. soy. Chocolate-Avocado DREAM Ingredients: 1/2 avocado 1 medium sized banana 4-6 dates (Sweeten to taste. rice milk (less for thicker shake) 12. soaked brown flax seed (Optional) 1-2 tsp. or rice milk 1 Tbsp. soy.11. hemp. raisins & hemp seeds (Optional) www. cinnamon 1/4 cup pure water if blending Nuts.com 7 . raw carob powder 1 or 2 shakes of cinnamon 1 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. ground flaxseed 1/4 cup soaked raw almonds 1 tsp. in water over night. organic maple syrup Add ice 13. of cacao powder 11/2 .2 cups liquid use water. rinse before use) 2 apples sliced 1 banana sliced 1 Tbsp. Carob Shake Ingredients: 1 large banana 1-1/2 cup almond.
VegetarianFoodPlan.14. soy or hemp milk 1 Tbsp. 2) Scoop out coconut meat and place in blender. flax oil or substitute with Y2 avocado if no oil Couple dashes of cinnamon 1 tsp. strawberry. soaked flaxseed 4-6 chucks pineapple (Fresh or frozen) 1-2 cup organic spinach (Fresh or frozen) 15.+ cocoa powder Handful blueberries or strawberries Pumpkin seeds Water (As needed) Dash Stevia to sweeten ©www.water and meat 1 cup your favorite frozen berry (Raspberry. 16. blueberry) Dash of Stevia to taste Dash cinnamon 1 Tsp. Vegan Green Chocolate Shake Ingredients: Almond milk vanilla unsweetened 1-2 fresh kale leaves Almond butter 1 Tbsp. Remember to be very careful to avoid hard pieces from the husk. Energizing Smoothie Ingredients: 1/2 ripe avocado 1 frozen banana 1 young coconut. rice. Green Pome-berry Smoothie Ingredients: 1 medium sized banana 6-8oz (1 cup) frozen blueberries 1/2 cup pomegranate juice 1/2 cup almond. maca (Optional) Young Coconut Preparation: To open young coconut use clever or chef knife. Favorite fruit/Y2 an apple 1/4 inch-1/2 inch raw ginger peeled Udo's. then dump coconut water into blender.com 8 1) .
coconut butter (Or 1 young coconut with coco-water if available in your area) 2-3 cups water until desired Add ice only if desired www.VegetarianFoodPlan. Parsley Pear Smoothie 2 pears sliced 1/3 bunch of parsley (Traditional or Italian is fine) 1 stalk of celery (the greener the better) 2 Tbsp. of ginger root powder or 1/4 inch fresh peeled ginger 1 Tbsp. Tropical Green Smoothie Ingredients: 3 cups fresh organic baby spinach 2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple cubes 2-3 kiwis 1/2 avocado 1 banana Add ice & water until desired 20. rice or almond milk Add ice if desired 19. soy.17. of flaxseed oil 1/4 tsp.com 9 . Green Machine Smoothie Ingredients: 3-5 leaves of kale 1 kiwi 1 avocado 2 Tbsp. of spirulina or SuperGreens powder Add water/ice 18. Mango Banana Smoothie Ingredients: 1 medium-sized mango Dash of agave nectar or maple syrup 1 medium sized banana or ripe plantain 3/4-1 cup hemp.
Chocolate Chip Vegan Cookies Ingredients: 3 cups whole-wheat flour 1 tsp.DESSERT RECIPES 1. 2) Spray baking pan with cooking spray. arrowroot and apple juice concentrate in large bowl. 7) Moisten your fork if it begins to stick to batter. 3) Using blender or food processor grind oats to coarse powder texture.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. 6) Place a Tbsp. walnuts and seeds. 8) Bake about 12 minutes or until golden. Makes 48 cookies 2. ground cinnamon 1 tsp. alcohol free vanilla extract (Trader Joe’s has alcohol free) 8 oz/1 cup unsweetened carob chips 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans 1/4 cup sunflower seeds Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.com 10 . 4) Processed oats with berries. 5) Spread batter evenly into sprayed pan. Blueberry Squares Ingredients: 4 cups fresh blueberries or berry of your choice 2 tsp. agave nectar and vanilla. 7) Allow treat to cool down then cut into squares and serve! ©www. 6) Bake about 30 minutes or until lightly browned on edges. 3) Stir flour and baking powder in large bowl 4) In separate bowl stir well and combine applesauce. of batter onto cookie sheet and flatten with fork. cloves. cinnamon. baking powder 1 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) 4 oz agave nectar 2 tsp. ground cloves 2 cups rolled oats 1/4 cup Maranta Starch or “Arrow Root” (Use instead of cornstarch to thicken) 1 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 5) Now add to dry ingredients and fold in carob chips.
finely shredded & unsweetened 3 large. do not cook 2/3 cup almond meal 1/4 teaspoon cardamom 1/4 tsp.com 11 . nutmeg 1 tsp. 7) Remove pie from oven and cover with aluminium foil for 10 minutes before removing from pan. 5) Mix in the flax seed. Chocolate Oatmeal Chai Cookie Recipe Ingredients: 2 cups rolled oats.3.VegetarianFoodPlan. applesauce. oats. all-spice 1/2 tsp. alcohol free vanilla extract (Trader Joe’s has Alcohol Free FYI) 2 Tbsp. and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Vegan Apple Pie Ingredients: 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate 1 3/4 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour 1/2 cup quick oats 1/2 cup of raisins 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1 tsp. baking powder and spice in a large mixing bowl. well mashed (about 1 1/2 cups) 1 tsp. water until smooth Preparation: 1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees 2) Lightly oil a 9 inch pan with vegetable oil 3) Combine the flour. 4) Stir in the apple juice concentrate. ground flax seed. baking soda 1 tsp.can do gluten free 1/3 cup coconut. slightly warm. vanilla extract 1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. mixed with 2 Tbsp. baking soda. baking powder 6-7 ounces chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar chopped or unsweetened carob www. baking powder 1 Tbsp. fine grain sea salt 1 tsp. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. ripe bananas. 6) Pour batter into oiled pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. ground cloves 1/4 tsp. 4.
4) Add the nuts and carrots. an inch apart.VegetarianFoodPlan. fine grain sea salt 1 cup rolled oats 2/3 cup chopped walnuts 1 cup shredded carrots 1/2 cup real maple syrup. room temperature 1/2 cup unrefined (fragrant) coconut oil. 6) Fold in the chocolate/carob. shredded coconut. 5. Makes about 3 dozen bite-sized cookies. almond meal. cinnamon. 2) To make almond meal. baking powder. 4) In another bowl whisk together the oats. one level tablespoonful at a time. warmed until just melted 1 tsp. ©www.You can make your own almond meal by pulsing almonds in a food processor until it is the texture of sand . and coconut oil. vanilla extract. ground cloves. cardamom. 8) Bake in the top 1/3 of the oven for 10 . 5) In a separate smaller bowl use a whisk to combine the maple syrup. Carrot Ginger Oatmeal Cookie Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour 1 tsp. 5) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. grated fresh ginger 1/4 cup wheat germ 1/2 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 375F degrees. 8) Bake for 12 . raisins and oats. 2) Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. coconut oil. leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.don't go too far or you'll end up with almond butter. salt.com 12 . onto a parchment lined baking sheet. 7) Drop onto prepared baking sheets. and ginger. and baking powder. 3) In a large bowl whisk together the flour. salt. 6) Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. racks in the top third. each about 2 teaspoons in size. 7) Drop dollops of the dough. 3) In a large bowl combine the bananas. Set aside. wheat germ. baking powder Scant 1/2 tsp.12 minutes or until the cookies are golden on top and bottom.14 minutes or until turning brown on the bottom.
Let sit for five minutes. 6.still a bit dusty looking. maybe 11 minutes . just a stroke or two. and salt. baking soda 3/4 tsp. Pour the flour mixture over the peanut butter mixture and stir until barely combined . In a separate larger bowl combine the peanut butter. go ahead and chill the batter for an hour or so before this step.but don't over bake or they will be dry. give one more quick stir. Bake for 10. Place racks in the top third.Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies. It's a loose batter. Organic Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Preheat oven to 350F degrees. olive oil. maple syrup. www.3 dozen cookies. Now drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour. or unbleached all-purpose flour 1 tsp. Stir until combined. so if you're set on doing criss-crosses. and vanilla.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 13 . 9) 10) Make 2 . Press down on each one gently with the back of a fork. spelt flour. baking soda. fine grain sea salt 1 cup Organic Creamy Peanut Butter 1 cup maple syrup 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil 1 1/2 tsp. Let cool five minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) Pour the pudding into bowls and add your desired toppings. red seedless grapes. Dark Chocolaty Chocolate Pudding Make a rich and creamy vegan chocolate mousse from tofu! Garnish with fresh strawberries. or crumble some graham crackers on top. agave nectar or to taste 1/2 cup almond milk Add water if need to thin for blending Preparation: 1) Place all the ingredients in a powerful blender and puree until creamy.com 14 .7. cacao powder 1 Tbsp. Ingredients: 1 cup raw cashews 3 Tbsp. carob powder 3 Tbsp. a slice of apricot or whipped cream.
baking powder. mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl: flour. allspice Y2 tsp." 5) Mix in the walnuts. 8) Cool on a counter for 30 min and then frost with cream cheese frosting © www. baking powder 1 1/2 tsp. 4) Combine the carrots and the rest of the ingredients except for the walnuts to the flour mixture. cloves. allspice. Mix until "just mixed.com 15 . baking soda 2 tsp. salt 2 cup grated carrots 1 cup almond milk 1 1/2 cup applesauce 1 cup maple syrup. ground cinnamon 1/4 cup raisins 1 Y2 tsp. I use a food processor instead of grating them by hand. 7) Bake for 40-50 min at 350F until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. cinnamon. baking soda. Grade B (vegan) or 1 cup honey (Vegetarian) 1/2 cup crushed walnuts (Optional) Preparation: 1) First.VegetarianFoodPlan. 6) Transfer to a greased 13x9x2 pan. and salt. 3) Preheat the oven to 350F. ground cloves 1 tsp. 2) Grate the carrots. Peter Rabbit Carrot Cake Ingredients: 2 cups spelt flour or whole wheat flour 2 tsp.8.
7) Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan. combine the flour. 5) Add blueberries and use a spoon or spatula to ensure they are coated with the flour mixture. Blue Banana Bread Ingredients: 3 large over-ripe bananas 1 tsp. orange juice 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk (Or apple sauce) 1/2 cup agave nectar 2 cups whole wheat flour 3/4 tsp. and agave nectar. orange juice. 2) Wipe a 9x5-inch loaf pan with oil. soda. salt 1 cup (240 ml) blueberries Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350F. baking powder. and salt. 9) Allow to cool before cutting and serving. mash the bananas and add orange zest. baking soda (Non-aluminum) 1/2 tsp. Stir well to combine. 6) Add the banana mixture and gently mix until just combined. © www.com 16 . 4) In a separate bowl.VegetarianFoodPlan. almond milk. 3) In a large bowl. orange zest 1 Tbsp. 8) Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.9. baking powder 3/4 tsp. about 40-45 minutes.
10) Bake in the center of oven for about 10-12 minutes. chopped 2 Tbsp. 2) Prepare a cookie sheet either with non-stick spray or a parchment paper. add the vanilla essence. 6) Add in the flour mixture and beat on medium until a semi-stiff dough forms. remove from cookie tray and cool on a rack. of salt (Optional) 1/2 tsp. raisins and nuts and mix well into the dough.VegetarianFoodPlan. baking soda into the flour and oatmeal in a bowl. This dough will be very slightly sticky. cloves 1/2 tsp. 11) When it’s done. olive oil or 1 Tbsp. of vanilla essence 1/4 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350F. 3) Sift the salt. arrowroot flour (As substitute for 1 egg) 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour 3/4 cup of dry oats 2 Tbsp. 5) Add in applesauce and egg substitute and beat well. 7) At this point. Stir to blend together. cinnamon. of ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 tsp. beat olive oil (and/or milk) together with the vegan sugar. www. 8) Drop by tablespoonful about 3 to a row. oil + 1 Tbsp of Almond Milk 1/3 .1/2 cup of sugar 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce 3/4 tsp. 12) Eat when nice a warm and chewy. of baking soda 1/4 cup pecans.com 17 . Super Yummy Low-Fat Whole Wheat Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Ingredients: 1/4 tsp. 4) In a mixing bowl. 9) Flatten to about 3/4 and keep it thick.10.
Don’t over cook. You may need to adjust wet/dry ingredients to achieve the correct texture.VegetarianFoodPlan. tahini Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Pre-heat oven to 350°. Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with foil and lightly oil the bottom. vanilla essence 1/2 cup carob powder 1 large. Add all the other ingredients and mix well. very ripe banana Pinch of salt 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1/8 cup sultanas or raisins 1/2 Tbsp. Use a hand blender to blend the oats into a powder/flour. pure maple syrup Egg replacer equivalent of 2 eggs 1/2 tsp. Low-fat Wheat-free Carob Brownies Ingredients: 1/3 cup brown rice flour 2/3 cup porridge oats 4 Tbsp.com 18 . your better off slightly undercooking them and having a slightly soft middle.11. Leave to cool and enjoy! 5) 6) 7) 8) ©www. Mash the banana in a large mixing bowl. The mixture should be sticky but not too wet. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Raw Carob pudding Ingredients: 2 medium ripe avocados 1 Y2 cup dates or 1 cup maple syrup If using dates add a little orange juice when blending 1/2 cup raw carob powder Toppings. Roll into balls and lightly roll in shredded coconut.VegetarianFoodPlan.raspberries. Place all ingredients in a food processor.com 19 . ©www. sweetener (dates or maple syrup) and carob in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy.12. Hold back a little coconut for coating the macaroons. almond butter 2 Tbsp. shredded (Unsweetened) Y2 cup quick oats 1 Tbsp. agave nectar Pinch of salt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Remove the pits from dates. sliced strawberries Preparation: 1) Process avocado. and process until only slightly chunky. pecans. 13. Raw Banana Macaroons Ingredients: 1 cup medjool dates 1 banana 1/2 cup coconut.
but not liquid) 2 Tbsp.14. salt 1 Y2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. 3) After ingredients are mixed. Once smooth. salt and coconut oil and mix it all up. add cacao nibs and blend just until nibs are well distributed. 3) Shape into balls and enjoy! 15. Makes approximately 15 cookies. again until smooth. raw coconut oil (It's best if it's very soft. mint. Speedy Raw Cookies Ingredients: 3/4 cup raw walnuts. cinnamon. 4) Refrigerate before eating. remove from food processor by tablespoon-sized blobs and flatten into cookie-ish rounds. shredded 12 dates (Medjool are best) Y2-3/4 tsp. © www. Raw "Chocolate Mint" Cookies Ingredients: 2 Y2 cups raw walnuts 2-3 fresh mint leaves. 2) Add walnuts. 2) If you can't get the mixture to hold together. cinnamon Y2 tsp. cashews or pecans 1/4 cup raw carob powder 1 cup raisins or dates Preparation: 1) Process all ingredients in a food processor until fine and sticky. cacao nibs Preparation: 1) Place dates in food processor and mix until smooth.com 20 . add a few more raisins and a tablespoon of water.
sliced strawberries.16. sliced Preparation: Crust 1) 2) Topping 1) 2) Blend the walnuts. and fresh coconut butter (if using) until smooth. Raw-Berry Pie Ingredients: For the crust: 2 cups almonds 1/2 cup honey For the topping: 1 cup walnuts 1/4 cup honey 1/3 cup blueberries 2 Tbsp. © www. honey.VegetarianFoodPlan. Pour on top of crust and decorate with fresh. Blend the almonds and honey until finely chopped. blueberries. fresh coconut butter (Optional) For Garnish: fresh strawberries. Spoon into a serving dish and pack down well.com 21 .
Add the "pecan butter. Sort of "knead" in the chopped pecans until they're well distributed. and cinnamon. dried coconut 1/2 tsp. Store covered in the fridge until ready to eat." coconut. Remove from food processor and place the mixture in a medium-sized bowl or onto the counter. cinnamon Water Preparation: 1) Blend all the ingredients until smooth. process dates until smooth (or as close to smooth as you can get).VegetarianFoodPlan. pitted 1 1/2 cup shredded. Raw Pecan Pie Tart Ingredients: 2 cups pecans. Raw Chocolate Pudding Ingredients: Meat of 2 coconuts or coconut butter 10 cashews 6 dates 4 Tbsp. cinnamon 1/2 cup pecans. 18.com 22 . ©www. raw cacao powder 1/4 tsp. made into a smooth "pecan butter" (Your food processor can do this) 30 medjool dates. salt.17. Press the pecan mix into a 9x9 or 8x8 inch glass pan. salt 1 tsp. Process until everything is well mixed. chopped Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) In food processor.
2) When all ingredients are finely processed. soaked overnight 2 cups raisins Y2 cup orange peel 2 medium oranges. raisins. sea salt.VegetarianFoodPlan. Papaya Banana Pudding Ingredients: 1 cup papaya chunks (About Y2 a Hawaiian papaya. raw tahini Preparation: 1) Blend all ingredients until smooth and it’s ready to eat! 20. use a spatula to spread cookie mixture onto a dehydrator tray OR shape into balls and eat as is. whole and peeled 2 apples. cored Preparation: 1) Blend the almonds. peeled and seeded) 1 banana 1-2 tsp. oranges.com 23 . ©www. orange peel.19. and apples in a food processor until they are finely chopped. Orange Almond Cookies Ingredients: 4 cups raw almonds.
2) Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until oats have reach your desired texture. salt and water.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 24 . cilantro. sunflower seeds. 3) Optional. * You can eat by itself or in a lettuce leaf. ©www. 2) Pour into bowl and fold in chopped tomatoes. chopped Dash of cayenne 1/4 tsp. and green onions. 2. This keeps the fiber structure intact and helps the digestive system. 4) Place in water the night before and then prepare yoru breakfast the following morning as if they are cooked.do not heat oats. cumin Lettuce leaf – Romaine/Collard Green Preparation: 1) In a food processor combine and blend almonds. The leaf will give the dish more crunch and texture. Raw Scramble Ingredients: 1 cup almonds (Soaked overnight in water) 1/2 cup sunflower seeds 1/4 salt Y2 cup of water 2 Tbsp. green onions 1/4 cup cilantro Y2 cup tomatoes.BREAKFAST RECIPES 1. Remove from heat and let cool. Oatmeal Ingredients: 3 cups water 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal 1/2 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Bring water to a boil and add oatmeal.
cinnamon. of salt 2 Tbsp. 3) If your dehydrator has a heating gauge. of cinnamon 2/3 cup shredded coconut (Unsweetened) 1 tsp. place in the oven on the lowest temperature possible and leave the oven open a crack or on the lowest setting until dry or about 24 hours. 2) Add raisins. minerals.com 25 . you can add more agave. ©www. and blend once more about 10-15 seconds. just place it on the tray in small chunky pieces. of alcohol free vanilla 1 tsp. alcohol free vanilla. or until ingredients are slightly mixed but still chunky. If you would like it sweeter. 3) Process all ingredients except raspberries for 10-15 seconds. turn it no higher than 105 degrees so not to destroy the vitamins. 5) Continue to add sweetener to taste. 2) You don’t need to smooth it out. and essential fiber. of agave nectar Dash stevia 1/2 cup of raspberries (Fresh or frozen) Preparation: 1) Measure soaked sunflower seeds and flax seeds and pour into food processor. Good For You Granola Ingredients: 4 cups of soaked sunflower seeds 1 cup of soaked flax seeds 2/3 cups of raisins 1 tsp. 4) If you don’t have a dehydrator. salt.VegetarianFoodPlan. agave nectar and Stevia. 4) Add raspberries. To dry granola: 1) Take the chunky mixture and drop it on dehydrator trays. Stevia or honey.3.
Fold in ingredients with a large spoon to mix. chopped sesame seeds 1 oz. rolled wheat 8 oz. Muesli Recipe Ingredients: 1 oz.4. Refrigerate if you have the space.VegetarianFoodPlan. Store in an air-tight container.com 26 . vanilla and water. raisins 8 oz. Shake well before using. 5. ©www. vanilla Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a blender place rice. agave nectar 32 oz. Cover and blend on high until rice is pulverized. chopped walnuts 5 oz. chopped dried apples 1/2 cup shredded coconut 5 oz. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. agave nectar. rolled rye Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) Combine all ingredients in a large wide bowl. rolled oats 8 oz. Rice Milk Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup cooked brown rice 1 oz. Eat with fresh fruit and non-dairy milk. water 1 tsp.
4) Shake well before using. water 1 tsp. 2) Cover and blend on high until cashews are pulverized and there are not chunks of cashew. only creamy. ©www.com 27 . agave nectar 32 oz. * 1 serving is approximately 1 cup.6. 3) Cashew milk will last about 5 days covered in the refrigerator. Cashew Milk Recipe Ingredients: 1/2 cup raw cashew pieces 3 Tbsp. vanilla and water in high powered blender. vanilla Dash of salt to bring out the flavors Preparation: 1) Place cashews.VegetarianFoodPlan. agave nectar.
7. Sweet Tofu Rice Pudding Ingredients: 1 cup organic brown rice, short or long 1 1/2 cups water 1 Tbsp. coconut oil 1 tsp. salt 1 cup chopped fresh/ frozen blueberries 1 1/2 cup So Delicious Coconut yogurt 1/4 cup agave nectar 1 cup tofu, firm, cut into cubes 3 Tbsp. pecans 1 tsp. cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Place rice, coconut oil, slat and water in pan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer rice for 30 minutes, or until rice is soft. Make sure the rice does not dry out and burn. Fold in the tofu with 1/3 cup of coconut yogurt and cover lid. Allow to cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, cashews and agave or maple syrup. Cover with lid and allow to sit for ten minutes. Serve warm in bowl and top with fresh blueberries or fruit of your choice.
8. Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Ingredients: 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly, uncooked 1-1/2 cups unsweetened Almond milk 2 Tbsp. raisins 1 apple, cored and chopped 1 tsp. ground cinnamon 1-2 tsp. lemon juice 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) To thoroughly rinse quinoa, cover it with water in a mixing bowl, then rub it between the palms of your hands. Pour off the cloudy liquid through a strainer and then repeat the process two or three more times, until the rinse liquid remains clear. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the rinsed and drained quinoa with almond milk. Bring to a slow simmer, then cover and cook for about 15 minutes until the quinoa is tender. In the blender place apple, raisins, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and lemon juice and puree. Put it in pot with quinoa and let it simmer for 5-15 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
2) 3) 4) 5) 6)
Makes about 3 cups.
9. Quickie Breakfast Ingredients: 2 to 3 medium dried figs 1/4 cup raisins 1 medium apple 1 cup quick rolled oats 3 cups vanilla almond milk 1/4 tsp. cinnamon Dash of nutmeg Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a food processor, chop the apricot halves, figs, and raisins. Cut and core the apple and then add it to the dried fruit in the food processor. Chop fine. Transfer the fruit mixture to a medium-sized saucepan and add the remaining ingredients. 5) Simmer slowly, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until thickened. Makes 4 servings.
10. Veggie Tofu Scramble Ingredients: 1/2 cup chopped celery 1/2 cup minced onion 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper 1 cup zucchini 1 cup chopped kale 1 1/2 tsp. chilli powder 1 tsp. cumin 16 oz. low-fat tofu, drained and crumbled 1/2 Tbsp. Himalayan salt 1/2 cup vegetable broth 1/4 tsp. pepper Preparation: 1) Heat 1/4 cup of vegetable broth, celery, onion, bell pepper, and zucchini in a skillet over medium-high heat. 2) Cook until softened. Add the remaining vegetable broth, kale, and spices. 3) Cover the pan and cook until the kale is wilted. 4) Add the crumbled tofu. Cook until firm and lightly browned. 5) Add the salt, pepper. 11. Couscous Breakfast Ingredients: 2 cups hot Almond milk 2 cups dry couscous 1/3 cup raisins, soaked in water and drained 1/3 cup dried apricots 6 pecans, raw honey, to taste (Or use agave nectar) Preparation: 1) Bring the almond milk to a boil on the stove. 2) Add the couscous to the hot almond milk and let stand 5 minutes. 3) Stir in raisins, pecans, and honey/agave nectar to taste. * A serving size is 1/3-1/2 cup cooked.
Add the vegetables and stir-fry until they are tender. turmeric. diced Y2 onion. ©www. Rapeseed oil (or other mild-flavored oil) Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Drain the tofu.12. tamari/soy sauce. firm tofu (Non-gmo. mash it all up until there are no big chunks. In a frying pan. organic) 1 medium tomato 2 Tbsp. Cut it into pieces and put it into a small mixing bowl. low sodium tamari or nama shoyu sauce. heat the canola oil and add the Fakin’ Bacon. cayenne and pepper. Sauté until the pieces are brown and crispy. turmeric 2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 32 .more if preferable 1/8 tsp. Add the nutritional yeast. Add the tofu mixture and stir-fry until the tofu is heated through. With a fork. Hearty Tofu Scramble Ingredients: l lb. diced 1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper 1/8 tsp. nutritional yeast Y2 tsp. black pepper Y2 bell pepper. Makes 4 servings.
tomatoes. minced garlic 1 can black-eyed peas.13. Breakfast Black Eyed Peas Ingredients: 1/2 large red onion. garlic.com 33 . 4) Stir in salsa and simmer for 5 minutes more. and peppers in vegetable broth until soft. ©www. 5) Warm tortillas and roll up some of the black-eyed peas mixture into each one. chopped 1/2 yellow pepper.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) Stir in black-eyed peas and cook on medium heat until vegetables are cooked through. 6) Serve as is or with extra salsa. diced small 1/4 cup salsa 1/4 cup vegetable broth or 1 Tbsp. chopped 1 tsp. drained 2-3 Roma tomatoes. nama shoyu and 1/4 cup water 1 package of whole wheat tortillas Preparation: 1) In a nonstick pan. 3) Stir occasionally to keep from burning. chopped 1/2 tsp. hot pepper (Jalepeno) 1 large green pepper. saute the onion.
South Western Breakfast Burrito Ingredients: 1-2 low carb tortillas 1/3.VegetarianFoodPlan. and water. Saute until fully incorporated into tofu mixture and warmed thoroughly. crumbled 1 Tbsp. cumin.com 34 . paprika. Spoon the scrambled tofu/squash mixture in a line down the center of the tortilla. Saute until lightly browned. Warm the tortillas. tamari . nama shoyu or tamari (Adds salty flavor) Dash of cayenne. Add salsa. Roll it up like a burrito.1/2 cup firm tofu. Add spaghetti squash salad. or you can serve it on the top. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast. crushed 3 Tbsp. and spices. chopped onion Spaghetti squash salad Salsa Dash of nutritional yeast Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9) 10) Sauté garlic and onions in a little broth. Enjoy!! Makes 1 serving. Add crumbled tofu. ©www.14. turmeric 1 clove fresh garlic.
4) Cover each tortilla with the black beans. diced Preparation: 1) Warm the beans and separately scramble the egg whites or tofu mix in a non stick pan. Makes 2 servings.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 35 . 3) Take the warmed tortillas and place each one flat on a separate plate. can of black beans 2 fat free/low fat flour tortillas 1 cup of salsa Diced green chillies 2 Tbsp. spreading out the beans to cover the whole tortilla. or top the beans with the salsa and place the plates in a microwave oven and heat for 1 to 2 minutes on high. onions. Huevos Rancheros Ingredients: 6 egg whites OR enough scrambled tofu mix to serve two 1 15oz. ©www. 6) Top the salsa with the scrambled egg whites or scrambled tofu. 2) Warm tortillas in oven using a very low temperature so that the tortillas warm all the way through and are still soft (not until they dry out and become crunchy). tomatoes. vegan cheese 4 Tbsp.15. diced 3 Tbsp. 5) Top the beans with salsa that you've either warmed upon the stove top.
and raisins and almond milk. cinnamon.VegetarianFoodPlan. bringing it to boil. 5) Add chopped apple. 3) You can store leftovers in the refrigerator. Multi Grain Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2 cup whole wheat berries 1/2 cup whole rye berries 1/2 cup oat groats or rolled oat 1/2 cup whole triticale 1/2 cup whole barley 1/2 cup buckwheat groats 1/3 cup sesame seeds 1/3 cup flaxseed Preparation: 1) Combine all ingredients dry and store until you decide to prepare breakfast. measure 2 cups of cereal to 5 cups of water. 2) When ready to cook. Or make one serving by boiling 1/4 cup of cereal. nutmeg.com 36 . ©www.16. 4) Warm up when you want.
6) This is also really good with dried apricots or with fresh chopped apples. put grains and cinnamon in a large bowl or pot. the soy milk and 3 cups water and bring to a simmer on the stove.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 37 . 4) Reduce to a bare simmer and stir occasionally for 10 minutes or so. Makes 3-4 servings. raisins 1/3 cup date pieces Dash or three of cinnamon 3 cups water 1 cup unsweetened Almond milk Molasses or Stevia to taste Preparation: 1) The night before. 3) Add the dried fruit.17. strain water off grains. 2) In the AM. add water 1 inch above grains. ©www. Winter Grain Cereal Ingredients: 2/3 cups steel cut oats 1/3 cup pearl barley 2 Tbsp. 5) Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes. cover and let set overnight.
vanilla Dash of salt 2 tsp. fat substitute (Sunsweet Lighter Bake) 1 to 2 cups Almond milk 1 cup blueberries Powdered cinnamon for topping while cooking Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Just put all the ingredients in a food processor. except for the Cinnamon and blueberries. jam or jelly. Reduce the heat as you do subsequent batches. Be sure to add more soy milk or water to keep the batter from getting too thick as it sits.18. Fry in a non-stick pan sprayed with Pam. Tofu-Breakfast Pancakes Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat flour 1 package silken Mori-Nu low fat tofu (1 gm/3 oz) 1 large apple 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. Serve with fat free maple syrup.com 38 . ©www. or they will tend to stick. Try to use a cover to steam the pancakes as much as fry them. as it reduces the amount of Pam you need to fry them.
©www. Variations – try adding vanilla.VegetarianFoodPlan.19. Add the oats and fruit and simmer for another 15 minutes. blackstrap molasses or raw honey Currants or raisins to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Rinse the grains. or yeast. Boil and then simmer the quinoa in water and mollasses for ten minutes. cinnamon.com 39 . Makes 1 large serving OR 2 small servings. nut. Quinoa Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2 cup water 1/4 cup quinoa 1/4 cup steel cut oats 1/4 cup peaches Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg Dash of Himalayan salt 1 Tbsp.
com 40 . agave and vanilla. salt and baking soda. 8) Serve. vanilla extract 1/2 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds 1/2 cup sunflower seed 1/4 cup slivered almond 1/4 cup raisins Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) In a small bowl. almond slivers and raisins. Press the dough into the baking dish. Grease an 8x8 baking dish with grapeseed oil. combine almond flour. Makes 12-16 bars.VegetarianFoodPlan. Mix in coconut. wetting your hands with water to help pat the dough down evenly. combine grapeseed oil. ©www. Tropical Breakfast Bars Ingredients: 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 cup Grapeseed oil 1/4 cup agave nectar 1 tsp. 7) Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Stir dry ingredients into wet. pumpkin seeds. sunflower seeds. In a large bowl.20.
3) Place all vegetables in bowel and toss with salad dressing. flaxseed oil 2 large ripe avocados 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt 1 medium shallot 2 Tbsp. cut into 1/4 “ slices 1 medium red bell pepper. flat-leaf parsley 1 Tbsp. julienned 1 medium jicama. julienned 1/3 cup sunflower seeds.LUNCH RECIPES 1. 2) Add a little water or more vinegar if necessary to thin. ©www. Rainbow Salad Ingredients: 1 medium red onion 1 medium green bell pepper. chopped optional 3 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. cut into 1/4 “ slices in a diagonal 1 large hothouse cucumber. fresh tarragon. cut into 1/4 “ slices 2 medium Belgian endive. cut into 1/4 “ slices 1 medium orange bell pepper. raw Dressing: 2 Tbsp. julienned 1 medium yellow squash or zucchini.com 41 . vinegar Salt and pepper Dash of honey to balance out the flavour Preparation: 1) Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
VegetarianFoodPlan. Roll up the rice paper to form a tight bundle. Bake the tofu and marinade for 40 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375°F. soy sauce 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice 1 Tbsp. and thinly slice the Granny Smith apple. Peel. Tofu Apple Spring Rolls The Wonders of Rice Paper: Rice paper wrappers are a fantastic alternative to bread for the gluten-intolerant. 2 sprigs of cilantro. Set aside to cool. folding in the sides along the way. If packing for later. or until softened. Let the tofu sit for 30 minutes. and canola oil. Cut the tofu into three slices lengthwise. Make a marinade by whisking together 3 tablespoons of the orange juice. Transfer to a dry work surface and pat dry. soy sauce. until it is golden brown and the marinade is absorbed. Put another plate on top and weigh it down with something heavy.2. minced 1 Tbsp. sliced 9 large leaf or butterhead lettuce leaves. making nine equal slices. Press the tofu for 30 minutes. then turn the tofu block on its side and cut into thirds again. mirin (Sweet Japanese cooking wine) 1 Tbsp. Stir in the garlic. Place the slices in an 8×8-inch baking dish and pour the marinade over the top. then turn the slices over and let sit for another 30 minutes. cover the rolls with a damp paper towel and some plastic wrap to keep them from drying out.com 42 . Ingredients: 1 pound firm tofu 4 Tbsp. some Napa cabbage. minced ginger A pinch of cayenne 1 Granny Smith apple 9 (8-inch diameter) dried rice paper wrappers 18 fresh cilantro stems 1 cup finely shredded Napa cabbage 1 bunch scallions. core. the mirin. washed and patted dry Add grated lime for zest Preparation: 1) 2) 3) Wrap the tofu in a kitchen towel and set it on a plate. Dip one of the wrappers in a wide bowl filled with warm water for 15 seconds. Toss the apple slices with the remaining tablespoon of orange juice to keep them from browning. 4) 5) 6) 7) ©www. Look for them in packages at Asian markets. and cayenne. and scallions in a mound just below the center of the wrapper. canola oil 2 garlic cloves. Serve or pack each roll wrapped in a lettuce leaf (this will keep the spring roll from sticking to the plate). Arrange a slice of tofu along with some apple slices. ginger.
they should fill the pan completely. 5) Serve piping hot. with crackers or chunks of store-bought artisan-style bread. about 10 minutes. Add garlic and pepper flakes and sauté for one more minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Place in oven and roast the tomatoes for 50 minutes. depending on the strength of your blender). red pepper flakes (Optional) 2 cups fresh whole basil leaves (one 2 oz. 2) Arrange the cut tomatoes on a large (10×16-inch) baking sheet. Simmer for 15 minutes. 4) Blend the soup in batches in the blender.3. minced 1 tsp. Drizzle the tomatoes with 1/4 cup olive oil and sprinkle with salt. sea salt 1/2 a medium onion. bag) 1/2 tsp. ©www. cut in half lengthwise (About 35) 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. Remove pan from the oven and set aside. Add the onion and sauté until soft and slightly golden. pouring finished soup into a clean saucepan or soup tureen (you may wish to strain the soup as you do this to remove any remaining skin or seeds. chopped 1 large garlic clove. then arrange them cut side up. Roasted Tomato Basil Soup Ingredients: 6–6 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes. and 1 cup water (you may need to add an extra cup if the tomatoes are on the dry side). 3) Warm the rest of the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. thyme. Carefully pour in all the tomatoes and their juices. dried thyme Preparation: 1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. Toss with your hands until the tomatoes are evenly coated with oil. Add the basil. extra virgin olive oil 1 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 43 .
and cayenne and sauté. just not red) 1 cup dried. 4) Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 8 hours. 2) Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. pinto beans. paprika 1/2 tsp. beef-style texturized vegan protein (TVP) 1 (6-ounce) can salt-free tomato paste 1 tsp.5 to 3 quarts) slow cooker. ©www. thyme. Add 5 cups of boiling water and stir until everything is combined and there are no lumps of tomato paste. If you are around. until the beans are tender. or crimson are all fine here. Rinse and drain the beans.VegetarianFoodPlan. extra virgin olive oil 1 onion. Drain the dry beans and add them to the slow cooker along with the lentils. sea salt (Or to taste) Freshly ground black pepper Preparation: 1) Combine the black beans. about 5 minutes. then cover with a generous amount of water. cumin. Chili Con "Carne" Ingredients: 1/2 cup dried black beans 1/2 cup dried pinto beans 1/2 cup dried navy beans 1 Tbsp. and tomato paste. finely chopped 1/2 a green or red bell pepper. for another 2 minutes. give the chilli a stir or two during the day to ensure even cooking.4. paprika. 3) Scrape the onion and spice mixture into the insert of a medium-size (2. ground cumin 1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme 1/2 tsp. dried sage 1 tsp. sage. oregano. TVP. dried oregano A pinch of cayenne 1/2 cup uncooked lentils (Black. stirring constantly. stir in the salt and pepper to taste and serve hot. or until the garlic is soft and the spices are fragrant. chopped 1 garlic clove. minced 1 tsp. add the onion and bell pepper and sauté until the onion is translucent and soft.com 44 . Add the garlic. Let the beans soak for several hours or overnight. 5) When the chili is done. brown. When the oil is hot. and navy beans in a mixing bowl.
3) In a large bowl. diced 1 12 oz. ©www. 4) Allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least one hour before serving. Drain and allow to cool.com 45 . Toss again before serving.VegetarianFoodPlan. toss together the pasta.5. 2) Lightly steam the broccoli. chopped fresh basil 1 cup fat-free vegan Italian salad dressing Sea salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) Cook the pasta according to package directions in salted water. diced 1 -2 tomatoes. diced 1 red or yellow bell pepper. drained and chopped 1 purple onion. chopped small 1 12 ounce can water-packed artichoke hearts. Italian Pasta Salad Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups bowtie or corkscrew pasta 1 cup broccoli. broccoli and remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. diced 1/3 cup sliced black olives 2 Tbsp. until just tender. can green beans.
3) Puree in a blender or food processor. stirring occasionally.6. 2) Stir in the carrots. covered. chopped 1 tsp. ©www. Simmer. curry powder 1/2 tsp. or until the soup reaches desired thickness. potatoes and celery. for an additional 45 minutes. for 1 hour. salt 1 bay leaf 2 large carrots. Remove bay leaf.com 46 . Reheat before serving. combine the split peas.VegetarianFoodPlan. chopped Preparation: 1) In a large saucepan. Simmer. Curried Split Pea and Potato Soup Ingredients: 16 oz. dried 10 cups water 1 onion. uncovered. water. onion and spices. chopped 2 stalks celery. chopped 3 medium potatoes. garlic powder 1 tsp. dried oregano 1 tsp. green split peas. pepper 1/2 tsp.
to taste Add dill to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) In a large bowl. pickle relish 1 Y2 Tbsp. ©www. chopped fresh parsley 2 stalks celery.com 47 . finely chopped 1 tsp. prepared mustard 1 Y2 tsp. turmeric 4 tsp. chopped finely 4 scallions (White and green parts). onion granules 1/4 tsp. you may wish to finely cube the tofu).6. garlic powder Black pepper. served on crackers. sea salt 1 Y2 tsp. firm Y2 cup eggless mayonnaise (Nasoya Nayonnaise is my favorite!) 2 red bell peppers. Raw Eggless Egg Salad Ingredients: 1 Y2 pounds tofu. finely shredded 3 Tbsp. mash tofu with a fork or potato masher (alternatively. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. chopped finely 1 small carrot.VegetarianFoodPlan. The resulting savory treat is wonderful as a sandwich spread. or as a side salad.
cayenne pepper 1 tsp. chili powder 3 medium tomatoes. drained and rinsed 1 can black beans. and cumin.com 48 . water for sautéing 1/4 tsp. and stir in the cilantro or parsley. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 yellow bell pepper. Tres Bean Chilli Ingredients: 1 orange bell pepper. stirring. coriander. peeled and chopped (Or one 16-ounce can diced tomatoes) 1 can kidney beans. and all the beans. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 red bell pepper. 5) Season with salt and black pepper. chili powder. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 yellow onion. ground coriander 1 tsp. cayenne. onion. thawed) Salt and freshly ground pepper. 4) Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. drained and rinsed 1 can pinto beans. This is to replace the oil that is often used for sautéing. finely chopped 3-4 Tbsp. ©www. dried oregano 2 Tbsp. oregano.VegetarianFoodPlan. 3) Stir in the tomatoes. 6) Serve in shallow bowls. to taste Water or tomato juice as needed 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves or fresh parsley (Optional) Squeeze lime juice to taste (Optional) Preparation: 1) Heat up the few tablespoons of water in a heavy 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. coarsely chopped 2-3 cloves garlic. adding water or tomato juice as needed if too much liquid evaporates. for 5 minutes. 2) Add the bell peppers. drained (Or 1-1/2 cups frozen corn. ground cumin 1 tsp. drained and rinsed 1 can corn. Add a little water as needed. and bring to a boil. the canned corn. and cook.8. garlic.
weigh pumpkin seeds. sea salt 1/4 tsp. ©www. 3) Add water if needed. or flax crackers. 4) Serve with raw veggies or baked tortilla chips. Process until almost smooth. * You can use pine nuts instead of pumpkin seeds. pinto beans. Transfer them to a food processor. Mexican Bean Spread Ingredients: 1/2 oz. chili powder 1/4 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. or omit both.9. cans. * If you want to use canned beans. cooked pinto beans 4 oz. you will need 2 15 oz. liquid smoke flavouring Preparation: 1) In a medium-small wide bowl. rinsed and drained. 2) Add chili powder. raw pumpkin seeds 16 oz. salt. and liquid smoke flavor. and green chilies. diced green chillies 1 tsp.com 49 .
black pepper. ©www. by hand or with the food processor. 4) Stir well keep covered in the fridge 4-6 hours or more.com 50 . The pieces should be about the size of a corn kernel. Raw Vegan Ceviche Ingredients: 1 cup corn (Do not cut it up.10.VegetarianFoodPlan. each salt. 2) Put all chopped veggies in a large bowl and add: 1/2 tsp. in to very small pieces. just put it in the bowl) 1 cup butternut squash 1 cup cauliflower 1/2 of a red bell pepper with seeds removed 2 Roma tomatoes 1 Carrot 1 Plum 2 Celery stalks 1 Onion 3 Garlic cloves 1 Larger grapefruit Preparation : 1) Cut each vegetable or fruit. 3) Add juice of one large pink grapefruit. cumin and paprika.
sesame seeds 1/2 cup corn kernels (Fresh/frozen) 1 large clove of garlic 1 small onion. 3) Dehydrate at 145F. chopped about a cup 1/2 cup celery leaf (Or parsley/cilantro) 1 Roma tomato 1/2 cup olives 1 Tbsp. cumin 1 tsp. Raw Vegan Falafel Ingredients: 1 cup sunflower seeds 1 Tbsp. gently turning every two hours or so until they start to get crispy on the outside. salt 1 Tbsp. curry A squeeze of lemon Preparation: 1) Place all ingredients in food processor until it turns into a paste.VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. Makes about 15 balls.11. 2) Mix well and form 1/4 cup balls. dry dill 1 tsp. nutritional yeast (Optional) 1/2 tsp.com 51 .
shredded 6 large collard green leaves or for a more mild flavor. ginger. Then you put some of the cabbage mix on the leaf. basil. Place the collard leaf on a cutting board with the underside facing up. red chili.VegetarianFoodPlan. chopped ginger 1/4 cup green onions sliced 1/2Tbsp. lemon juice.12. Cut the Mango lenthwise into strips. In a blender. and a few leafs of cilantro and. about 1/4 inch (1 cm) thick. puree the honey. Add some hemp seeds.redchilli1Tbsp. Raw Lettuce Wraps Ingredients: 1/2 cup hemp seed 1/2 cup lemon juice 1 1/2 Tbsp. and soy sauce. The best and easiest way is to do this with you hands or a large wooden spoon. Roll it up and the spinach leaf. you might need to stick a cocktail stick in it to hold.com 52 . a few sticks of carrot. mix the almond butter dressing with the cabbage. Add the almond butter and blend at low speed to combine. romaine leaves 1 carrot 1 ripe mango 1 handful cilantro leaves 1 handful torn basil leaves Himalayan sea salt Preparation: 1) 2) Cut the carrot into matchstick-size pieces. (You may add water if it needs to be thinner) In a bowl. You should get a rather thick consistency. Do this for all the other spinach leafs until the ingredients are gone.nam ashoyusauce 1 cup raw almond butter 1/2 head Savoy cabbage. a few pieces of mango. 3) 4) 5) ©www.
©www. garam masala 1/2 tsp. 2) Add beans. frozen veggies. Simmer for 5 minutes. olive oil Preparation: 1) Put water. chopped 1-1/2 cups frozen peas/carrots/corn (Any or all) 1 tsp.13. Simple Carrot-Bean Soup Ingredients: 3 cups water 1 Tbsp. unpasteurized miso paste 1 can or 15 oz. 3) Simmer for 10 minutes. garlic powder 1 tsp. tarragon leaf 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. and carrots into a pot. miso paste. onion. and oil. fenugreek powder 1/4 tsp. spices. navy beans 1/2 large onion 4 medium carrots. cumin seed Salt to taste 1/2 tsp. coriander 2 Tbsp.com 53 . crushed red pepper 1 tsp.
Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew Ingredients: 2 cups onion. diced 2 cups zucchini. deseeded and diced 1 cup red bell pepper. minced in garlic press 2 tsp. deseeded and diced 1 Tbsp. ground cumin 1 tsp.com 54 . rinsed and drained 1 1/2 cups tomatoes diced 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water Lemon juice to taste Preparation: 1) Sauté all ingredients in skillet for 10-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. quartered lengthwise and sliced 1 can or 15 oz. ground black pepper 3 cups sweet potato.14. ©www. curry powder 2 tsp. diced 1 cup green bell pepper. garlic. ground coriander Dash of cinnamon 3 tsp. chickpeas. olive oil 2 Tbsp. sea salt 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan.
curry and pepper. thinly sliced 1/4 cup fat-free red wine vinaigrette 2 cans (15 oz. Serve patties on buns with lettuce and tomato or wrap in lettuce leaf and reserved onion mixture. Makes 6 servings. cover and process until smooth. Combine mayonnaise and mustard. rinsed and drained 1/3 cup chopped walnuts 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs 2 eggs 1 tsp. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Dijon mustard 6 sesame seed hamburger buns. combine onion and vinaigrette. spread over cut sides of buns. each) chickpeas or garbanzo beans. split or whole romaine lettuce leaves 6 lettuce leaves Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) In a small bowl.VegetarianFoodPlan. combine the chickpeas. walnuts. pepper 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise 2 tsp. curry powder Tomato sliced 1/2 tsp. In a food processor.com 55 . cover and pulse until blended.15. wheat germ and parsley. Add the eggs. Shape into six patties. ©www. set aside. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until firm. Chickpea Burgers Ingredients: 1 large red onion.
or delicate squash 1/3 cup pineapple juice 1 Tbsp. allow to cool for 10 minutes. reserve them to roast if you’d like. or until tender. and pepper among the halves and use a fork to fluff and incorporate mixture into squash. all spice Dash of cinnamon (Optional) Salt and pepper Preparation: 1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 6) E n j o y ! ©www. 2) Place the whole squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil and roast for 40-45 minutes. Acorn Squash with Pineapple Ingredients: 2 medium acorn. salt.VegetarianFoodPlan. oil. all spice. 4) Scoop out the seeds.16. then cut in half horizontally. butternut. 5) Divide the juice.com 56 . extra virgin olive oil 1/4 tsp. 3) Remove from the oven.
salsa. cover and cook 1 minute longer or until heated through. warmed or lettuce leaf for wrap 1 medium tomato.com 57 . ©www.17. cheese and sour cream. seeded and chopped 1/2 cup salsa 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or vegan cheese 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Saute yellow and red pepper in a pan.) black beans. rinsed and drained 4 low carb tortillas (6 inches). Fold in half. top with tomato. Black Bean Fajitas Ingredients: 1/2 cup each julienned sweet yellow pepper and red pepper 1 cup red onions julienned 1 can (15 oz. Spoon 1/2 cupful down the center of each tortilla. Makes 4 servings. Add beans.VegetarianFoodPlan.
VegetarianFoodPlan. freshly cracked pepper Dash chili powder 1 Tbsp. unpasteurized barley miso Y2 tsp. lemon juice 1 Tbsp. ©www.18. salt Y2 tsp.com 58 . Raw Creamed Spinach Soup Ingredients: Y2 head spinach leaves Y2 cucumber. peeled 1/4 cup water 1 avocado 1 clove garlic 1 cup tomato 1 Tbsp. cold pressed olive oil Preparation: 1) Blend all ingredients until smooth.
Makes 4 servings. Add salt just before serving. Add chiles. cayenne pepper 3 Anaheim chiles roasted. garam masala 1/2 tsp. cumin. seeded. chopped 2 Tbsp. minced 1 medium onion. and turmeric and sauté until the onion is transparent. diced 1 tsp. Add garlic. ginger root. fresh coriander 1 tsp. salt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) Heat oil in skillet. cumin powder 1/2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. masala. red lentils (dry) 1 tsp. onion. Kick-it-up Spicy Curry Lentils Ingredients: 12 oz. tomatoes and coriander. and cayenne. Add washed lentils and cover mixture with water. diced and crushed 2 cloves garlic. Add ginger root. ©www. turmeric 1 tsp. cored and diced 2 cups of spinach 1 cup tomatoes.com 59 .19. spinach. Simmer over low heat for about 25 minutes.
kelp flakes (Gives it a fishy flavor) Vegan mayonaise Salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) Mash the garbanzo beans. 2) Add remaining ingredients and mix well. ©www. Mock Tuna Salad Ingredients: 1 cup garbanzo beans (Canned or pre-cooked) 1 stalk celery. chopped 1/2 small onion. finely minced 1-2 Tbsp. 3) Can have as a side dish or on vegetables or salad.com 60 .20.VegetarianFoodPlan.
pinto beans. cucumber. roughly chopped 3 Tbsp. salt and pepper in a large bowl. vinegar. extra virgin olive oil 1 medium red onion. ©www. * You can use other beans and it will be very tasty. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. 2) Dice the onion. diced 1 medium hothouse cucumber 15 oz. balsamic vinegar 1 Tbsp. 4) Drain and rinse the beans and add along with the peas. mustard. cooked 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. and roasted bell peppers and add to the bowel. black beans. and add to the salad.VegetarianFoodPlan. 3) Mince the garlic. Zesty 3 Bean Salad Ingredients: 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. Dijon mustard 2 Tbsp. rough chop the parsley. dried basil Salt and pepper Preparation: 1) Whisk together the orange zest and juice. zest and juice 2 Tbsp. garbanzo beans. cooked 1 pound green peas. thawed 1 large orange. agave nectar or honey 1/2 tsp. 5) Stir and serve chilled. oil. cooked 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz.com 61 . roasted bell peppers 1 clove minced garlic 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley.21.
with the split peas quite broken down and mushy.VegetarianFoodPlan. Makes 4 to 6 servings. ©www. dried parsley 1/4 tsp. Split Pea Soup This wonderful soup is filling. 1 hour or longer. to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Rinse split peas. dried marjoram 1 tsp. checking for any impurities. Cover loosely and cook until peas are tender. Heat should be low-medium.22. Make sure there’s enough water. diced 2 celery stalks.com 62 . 5) The resulting soup should be thick and creamy. Check occasionally to make sure water has not completely evaporated. ground mustard 1/4 tsp. low in calories and fat. diced 1 tsp. dry uncooked 6 to 7 cups water or vegetable stock 1 medium-size yellow onion. brimming with fiber. A crock pot works very well for making this soup and cook for 6-8 hours. Ingredients: 2 cups green split peas. diced 2 or 3 garlic cloves. dried basil 1/2 tsp. and freezes well. 6) Add salt and pepper to taste. packed with protein. Place all ingredients except salt and pepper in a soup pot. such as stones or residue. 7) Can make creamy by blending in food processor. and bring to a simmer. and serve hot. black pepper Salt and pepper. pressed or minced 2 carrots.
and cook for 1 minute.DINNER RECIPES 1. Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle green onion over tofu before serving. ©www. firm tofu Preparation 1) 2) 3) : Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat. Garlic Ginger Tofu Ingredients: 3 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. Stir in garlic and ginger. minced maybe you can use garlic press 1 lime 1 Tbsp. Rapeseed oil 4 cloves garlic.com 63 . or to taste 1 lb. green onion thinly sliced 1/2” ginger. and stir to coat. Cover. soy sauce. minced or in garlic press 2 Tbsp. Add tofu to the pan with soy sauce. and continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes.
©www. let stand 10 minutes. tossing gently to coat. freshly ground black pepper Garlic cloves. whisking to combine.com 64 . salt 1/8 tsp. covered. 3) Steam beans.2. white wine vinegar 1/2 tsp. Steamed Green Beans with Tomato-Garlic Vinaigrette Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Dijon mustard 1/4 tsp. crushed and minced 1 Tbsp. add to tomato mixture. 4) Cut into 2-inch pieces. 2) Stir in tomato and thyme. trimmed Preparation: 1) Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. extra virgin olive oil 1/2 cup seeded chopped tomato 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme 16 oz. slowly add oil. or 1 pound green beans.VegetarianFoodPlan.
3) Stir fry mushrooms. 2) Fry for about 5 minutes or until browned.3. garlic. fresh garlic. Vegetable N’ Braised Tofu Ingredients: 1 pound tofu firm silken style (Organic and non-gmo). Rapeseed oil 2 tsp. green onions. divided 1 cup whole water chestnuts. ©www. green onions 2 tsp. nama shoyu and ginger in water and remaining oil for several minutes. green beans. drained and sliced 2 Tbsp. tofu. 4) Add chestnuts. sesame oil. cubed 1” 1 tsp. and sesame seeds and sauté 2-4 more minutes. pressed in garlic press 2 tsp. nama shoyu 3 Tbsp. rapeseed oil in pan and add cubed tofu. minced in garlic press 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms. stems removed 1 cup fresh snow peas 1 cup water Preparation: 1) Heat 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. 5) Serve with or without rice. fresh ginger.com 65 .
chopped basil. balsamic vinegar 2 Tbsp. olive oil 2 Tbsp. garlic.4. minced garlic 1 cup vegan mayonnaise 3 Tbsp. whisk together remaining chopped basil and garlic. 4) Dip each mushroom in marinade and place on hot grill. tomato slices. and tamari. and process for 1 minute. combine sun dried tomatoes and water. ©www.com 66 . 3) In a small bowl. 5) Serve on toasted bun with fresh vegetables on top and sun dried tomato aioli. vegan cheese as toppings. nama shoyu. Portobello Mushroom Burgers with Sun dried Tomato Aioli Ingredients: 6 sun-dried tomatoes or in olive oil 1/4 cup hot water 2-3 cup chopped fresh basil 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar. tamari. Preparation: 1) Rehydrate sun dried tomatoes in warm water for 15 min. 2) Food process. Set aside. cleaned and dried Whole grain buns or rolls Lettuce. Grill for 5 minutes and flip with tongs. of bragg liquid aminos 6 Portobello mushrooms. olive oil.VegetarianFoodPlan. Grill an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. or sun dried tomatoes in olive oil are ready to go. and vegan mayonnaise. onion slices.
onion. Use a leaf of lettuce or tortillas to wrap up the bean. Mash. peeled and cubed Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Strain and rinse black beans. cayenne pepper Black pepper. pinch Toppings: 1 tomato.5. Remove from heat and cover. or blend beans and onion into a puree. Prepare toppings. Burrito of Black Beans Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar Spices: 1 clove of garlic. food process. diced 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. minced 1/4 . Add apple cider vinegar. black beans 2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. cumin 1 tsp. Add spices.com 67 .1/2 tsp. ©www. cubed 1 avocado.
put all vegetables slightly chopped in food processor and pulse until soup has reached desired chunkiness. diced 1/3 celery. halved and thinly sliced 1/4 cup green onions. Garden Patch Gazpacho Ingredients: 2 cups tomato vegetable juice low sodium 1 cup tomatoes.VegetarianFoodPlan. 3) Cover and chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow flavors to blend. chilli powder Y2 tsp. ground pepper Hot red pepper optional Preparation: 1) Combine all ingredients and stir well. sea salt 1/4 tsp. diced Y2 cup carrots 1 cup cucumber. ©www. fresh lime juice or apple cider vinegar 1 Tbsp. deseeded and diced 2 Tbsp. garlic. diced 2/3 bell peppers and color. ground cumin 1-2 tsp.6. 2) To speed up the chopping process. diced 1/4 cup radishes.com 68 . thinly sliced 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 1 jalapeno pepper. olive oil 1 Tbsp. minced 1 tsp. deseeded and diced 1/3 cup red onions.
3) While kasha is cooking. lemon juice 2 Tbsp.com 69 . combine and purée all the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender. 4) Just before you are ready to eat. ground cumin 1/4 tsp.7. ©www. or until it is bright green and just tender. cooked and drained 1/2 cup roasted red pepper 2 Tbsp. then top with steamed broccoli and black-bean sauce. then slice it into 1/2-inch thick rounds.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) Place kasha and salt into the water in a large saucepan. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. tahini (Sesame seed butter) 1/2 tsp. chili powder 1/4 tsp. Broccoli Smothered in Black Bean Sauce Ingredients: 1 large bunch broccoli 4 cups boiling water 2 cups kasha (Use buckwheat groats for a milder flavor) 1/2 tsp. salt 1 1/2 oz. Cut or break the tops into bite-sized florets. Set aside. or until all the liquid has been absorbed. ground coriander 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Preparation: 1) Cut off broccoli stems. black beans. Peel the stem with a sharp knife. sundried tomatoes in oil 1/4 cup chopped onion 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. 5) Place a small portion of kasha on each serving plate. steam broccoli over boiling water for about 5 minutes.
seeded and cut into large pieces 2 cups small mushrooms 2 tomatoes. ©www. or scallop) 1 onion. cut into 1-inch cubes 1 Tbsp. Spread the cooked vegetables over Risotto. or pasta Preparation: 1) 2) Sauté the vegetables and mix in tofu cubes. Polenta. Use water in pan if you need more liquid to sauté. or pasta. Spike.VegetarianFoodPlan. Zesty Tofu and Vegetables Ingredients: 2 to 3 cups cubed summer squash (Zucchini. Schilling Garlic and Herb. or other seasoning mix Olive oil Risotto. cubed 1/2 pound very firm tofu.8. crookneck. cut into chunks 1 red bell pepper. and top with fresh tomato wedges.com 70 . polenta.
cooked 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. and put them (including the juice) into a dish. 3 Bean Bonanza Chili Ingredients: 2 Tbsp. ground cumin seed 1 tsp. The longer you cook the chili. coarsely chopped 1 cup onion. Cut the whole tomatoes into small pieces. Cook for at least 5 minutes. stirring often while you do the next few steps. seasoned (or black) pepper 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. basil leaf 2 tsp. Drain and rinse the beans.VegetarianFoodPlan. chopped 1 cup vegetable broth 4 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. Garnish with fresh chopped onion and shredded cheese if desired. Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a mild boil. turn down the heat on the skillet and add a little water to slow things down. oregano 1 tsp. Stir all of the spices into the skillet.com 71 .9. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for at least 30 minutes. the more the flavors will blend (up to about an hour). ©www. cooked 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. cooked Preparation (Makes 6 servings): 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. using a can of diced tomatoes instead of the chopped whole tomatoes does not come out as well. chopped 2 1/2 cups whole tomatoes. For some reason. but do not let them get brown. white northern or pinto beans. black beans. If the onion starts to brown too quickly. and add the green pepper and onion. garlic powder 1 tsp. sugar 1/2 tsp. red kidney beans. olive oil 1 green pepper. chili powder 1 jalapeno (Optional) seeded and chopped 1 tsp.
2) Place in tortilla and top with plain yogurt and salsa. ©www.10.plain yogurt and salsa Low carb tortilla Preparation: 1) Heat all ingredients together on the stove. raw 1/4 cup fresh/frozen corn Dash of chilli powder Sea salt Topping. black beans 1/4 cup green bell peppers 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds. Spaghetti Squash Salad Ingredients: Whole Spaghetti Squash.VegetarianFoodPlan. grated 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms 1/4 cup red bell peppers 8 oz. cooked and removed from shell 1/4 cup carrots.com 72 .
Defrost the spinach and squeeze out the extra water. peeled and sliced into half rounds 1 10 oz. package frozen spinach Salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Sauté carrots and spices for 3-5 minutes. Cook for 10 minutes. Add the basmati rice and tofu and reduce heat to simmer.11. ©www. 7) Add the spinach and cook for another 3-5 minutes to heat it up. cayenne pepper 1 14 oz. package firm tofu 2 carrots.com 73 . If not. black pepper 1 tsp. ground ginger 1/2 tsp. cook for a while longer. Basmati Spinach Stew Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. Add the water and coconut milk and bring to a gentle boil. After 20 minutes of cooking the rice should be looking more or less done.VegetarianFoodPlan. ground cumin 1/2 tsp. can coconut milk (Don't use the "light" version) 4 cups water 1 cup basmati rice 1 16 oz. 8) Take the pot off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Canola oil 1 1/2 tsp. 9) Add salt and pepper to taste. ground mustard 1 tsp. ground coriander 1 tsp.
agave nectar or honey 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth 4 tsp.) extra-firm tofu.12. trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces 1 medium yellow summer squash. stir-fry tofu. stir-fry 2 minutes longer. stir-fry 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. nama shoyu. drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes 1/4 tsp. sprinkle with almonds. salt. heat through. stir-fry for 2 minutes.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 74 . Bring to a boil. 3) In the same pan. Remove and keep warm. salt 1/4 tsp. braggs amino acids 2 tsp. Remove and keep warm. divided 3 tsp. Asparagus N’ Squash Tofu Stir-Fry Ingredients: 1/2 tsp. fresh asparagus. 4) Stir in vegetable broth and sweetener and add to the pan. 5) Add asparagus mixture and tofu. Makes 4 servings. stir-fry 1 teaspoon ginger in 1 teaspoon oil for 1 minute. sliced almonds. cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. pepper 2 cups hot cooked brown rice 2 Tbsp. ©www. canola oil. toasted Preparation: 1) In a large nonstick skillet or wok. minced fresh gingerroot. thinly sliced 1 package (14 oz. Add onions. 2) Add asparagus. divided 1 cup onions 1 lb. Add squash. 6) Serve with rice. pepper and remaining ginger in remaining oil for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. halved and sliced 2 green onions.
turning once and brushing with extra marinade as desired.13. olive oil 1 lb. ©www. Zesty Grilled Seitan Recipe Ingredients: 1/4 cup white wine 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar Zest and juice from one lime Dash salt and pepper to taste 2 Tbsp.com 75 . seitan Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Whisk together all ingredients except for the seitan. Marinate the seitan in the mixture for at least 45 minutes. Grill over hot coals. Add to grilled vegetables or on top of a fresh salad.VegetarianFoodPlan.
Drain off the water and transfer the beans to a saucepan. Reduce to a simmer and simmer until the beans are soft (depending on your beans 45 minutes to an hour). soy sauce Water for cooking the beans Preparation: 1) 2) Soak the beans overnight in 2 cups of water. ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. Add 1. Drain off any remaining water and stir in the tahini and soy sauce.com 76 . Sesame Adzuki Beans Ingredients: 1/2 cup dry adzuki beans 1/4 cup tahini 1 Tbsp.5 cups water to the beans. Bring to a boil over medium heat.14. 3) Makes 2 -4 servings.
2) Add the other ingredients to the pot and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Makes 15 cups. black beans. ©www. great northern beans.15.VegetarianFoodPlan. undrained 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz.com 77 . cilantro. Taco Soup Ingredients: 1 large onion. chopped 1 package low sodium natural taco seasoning 2 cups whole kernel corn. fresh cut of the cob 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. undrained 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. vegan cheese) Preparation: 1) Saute the onion until soft in a large pot sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. fat free vegetarian refried beans 1 cup diced tomatoes 1 cup salsa Toppings (Avocado. cooked.
jalapenos. seeded and chopped 1/2 red bell pepper. 4) Set up grill for indirect grilling and preheat to medium. olive oil 1 medium onion.VegetarianFoodPlan. finely chopped 2 cloves garlic. red bell pepper. Add onion. coarsely grated Salt. 5) Cook until chillies are tender and cheese is browned and bubbling.com 78 . Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese or vegan cheese. Grilled Stuffed Chili Rellenos or Green Bell Peppers Ingredients: 6 large poblano chiles or red/green bell peppers 2 Tbsp. about 30 to 40 minutes. Arrange the chillies on the grill away from the heat. to taste Freshly ground black pepper. vegetarian baked beans.16. cilantro and cumin. to taste 12 oz. 3) Remove pan from heat and stir in baked beans. Add salt and pepper to taste. garlic. finely chopped 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1 tsp. finely chopped 2 jalapenos. drained 1-3 tsp. and cook over medium heat until golden brown for about 4 minutes. ground cumin 3 1/2 cups or 28 oz. 2) Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet. hot sauce. hot sauce and 8 ounces of cheese. ©www. to taste Preparation: 1) Cut poblano chiles in half lengthwise to create a boat for filling and scrape out seeds. Makes 6 – 8 servings. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed chiles and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
about 3-5 minutes. Make veggie burgers and enjoy! 3) Makes 6 servings. Black Bean Burgers Ingredients: 1/2 onion. approximately 1/2 inch thick and fry patties in a small amount of oil until slightly firm. adding the flour a few tablespoons at a time to combine well.VegetarianFoodPlan. seasoned salt Salt and pepper to taste Oil for frying Whole grain bun or bread Preparation: 1) 2) Sautee the onions till soft. cooked 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 2 slices bread. Form bean mixture into patties. In a large bowl.17. onion powder 1/2 tsp. except the oil. Mixture will be thick. black beans. Add sauteed onions and the rest of the ingredients. diced 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. mash the beans until almost smooth. crumbled 1 tsp.com 79 . ©www. garlic powder 1 tsp.
simmer 10 minutes longer. for 10 minutes.VegetarianFoodPlan. bring to a boil. Toss with pasta. sauté the green pepper. Penne Pasta & Beans Ingredients: 3 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes 1 cup chopped red bell pepper 1/2 cup chopped onion 1 jalapeno pepper.18. minced fresh cilantro 1 tsp. agave nectar 1 tsp. Add tomatoes. onion. cider vinegar 1 tsp. Makes 6 servings. Stir in the peas. cannelloni beans. cilantro. uncovered. vinegar. olive oil 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. minced 1 Tbsp. salt and pepper. sugar. pepper 5 cups hot cooked gluten free penne pasta Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a large skillet.com 80 . jalapeno and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. ©www. rinsed and drained 1-3 Tbsp. seeded and chopped 3 garlic cloves. salt 1/8 tsp. Simmer.
tomatoes. chopped 2 garlic cloves.) chopped green chilies 1 Tbsp.) black beans. Makes 8 servings. garlic powder) 1 tsp. Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla. cumin. Reduce heat. saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Bring to a boil. peeled and sliced Fresh cilantro to top. chopped Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) In a nonstick skillet. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. simmer. Bean Tacos Ingredients: 1 medium onion. chilies and seasonings. Fold one side of tortilla over filling. warmed 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or vegan cheddar cheese 1 large ripe avocado. ground cumin 1 tsp. ©www. garlic powder 1/4 tsp. sprinkle with cheese. uncovered. rinsed and drained 1 Y2 cup diced tomatoes Y2 cup (4 oz. Garnish with avocado and chopped cilantro. minced 1 Tbsp.19. chili powder (Or purchase a natural taco seasoning to replace chilli. for 3-5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.com 81 .VegetarianFoodPlan. oregano. Stir in the beans. olive oil 4 cups (32 oz. salt. pepper 8 low carb tortillas (6 inches).
minced fresh ginger root 1/2 tsp. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are crisp-tender. bring to a boil. stir-fry for 2 minutes. salt 1/2 tsp. cornstarch 1-1/2 tsp. 6) Serve with rice. sesame oil 1 medium sweet yellow pepper. 5) Return tofu to skillet. curry powder 1 tsp. cut into 1-inch pieces 4 cups shredded cabbage 4 plum tomatoes. Makes 6 servings. Add cabbage and tomatoes. chili powder 1/2 tsp.) firm tofu. Remove and keep warm.) light coconut milk 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots 8 green onions.com 82 . ©www.20. combine the first 10 ingredients. stir-fry yellow pepper for 1 minute. set aside.VegetarianFoodPlan. Add mushrooms and onions. 3) In the same pan. crushed red pepper flakes 1 package (16 oz. honey or agave 1/2 tsp. 2) In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray. peanut butter 1 can (14 oz. Curried Tofu Stir-Fry Ingredients: 1/4 cup nama shoyu sauce or Braggs Amino Acid 2 Tbsp. stir-fry tofu in oil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. stir-fry 2 minutes longer. drained and cubed 2 tsp. chopped 3 cups hot cooked brown rice Preparation: 1) In a small bowl. 4) Stir coconut milk mixture and add to skillet. julienned 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms 1 tbsp.
Reduce heat. Makes 5 servings. chopped 1 Tbsp.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or vegan mozzarella cheese Preparation: 1) Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Bring to a boil. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. simmer. in a large saucepan. dried basil 1 tsp. garlic salt Dash pepper 1/2 cup (4 oz. 3) Stir in the pasta sauce. black beans and seasonings. uncooked vegan spinach fettuccine 1 small green pepper. fennel seed 1/4 tsp. 2) Meanwhile.) black beans.VegetarianFoodPlan. chopped 1 small onion. minced fresh basil or 2 tsp. olive oil 2 cups pasta sauce (no high fructose corn syrup) 1 3/4 cup or(15 oz. 4) Drain fettuccine. Spinach Fettuccine with Tomato Basil Bean Sauce Ingredients: 6 oz. uncovered.21. rinsed and drained 2 Tbsp. 5) Top with sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.com 83 . ©www. for 5 minutes. sauté green pepper and onion in oil until tender.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?