Você está na página 1de 3

PMEA District 11 Wind and Percussion Audition Requirements (Page 1) Major Scales 1.

Students must be prepared to perform from memory the following major scales.

C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab, G, D, A, E


2. All major scales will be performed using the following rhythm pattern.

3. The minimum tempo for the nine major scales is M.M. 1/4 NOTE = 120 Students may perform scales at a faster tempo if they so choose provided the tempo is steady. 4. 5. Students must be prepared to perform the major scales with both a slurred or tongued articulation. The following OCTAVES for major scales will be required for the audition with no variation.
Instrument PICCOLO FLUTE OBOE Bb/Eb SOP. CLARINETS LOW CLAR. BASSOON ALL SAXES TRUMPET BAR. T.C. TROMBONE BAR. B.C. BASS TROMBONE* TUBA MALLETS F. HORN** ONE TWO TWO TWO X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X Octaves TWO TWO THREE ONE TWO TWO THREE TWO TWO ONE TWO ONE TWO ONE TWO TWO X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X C X F X X Bb X X Eb X X Ab X X G X X D X X A X X E X X

*All Bass Trombone Scales will start on the tonic notes below the staff ** French Horn Starting Pitches

Continued on Next Page

(Wind and Percussion Audition Requirements page 2)

Chromatic Scales
1. 2. Students must be prepared to perform from memory the listed chromatic scales. All chromatic scales will be performed using the following rhythmic pattern.

3. 4. 5.

The minimum tempo for the chromatic scales is MM. 1/4 NOTE = 120. Students may perform scales at a faster tempo if they so choose provided the tempo is steady. Students must be prepared to perform the chromatic scale with a slurred articulation. A breath may be taken between the ascending and descending scale. The following OCTAVES will be required for the audition with no variation: Two Octaves Piccolo: F-F Oboe: C-C Bassoon: F-F French Horn: G-G in Treble Clef Trumpet & T.C. Baritone: C-C Trombone & B.C. Baritone: Bb-Bb Tuba: Bb-Bb

Three Octaves Flute: C-C Eb/Bb Sop. Clarinet: F-F Mallets: C-C Two and a Half Octaves Low Clarinets: E-Bb All Saxophones: Bb-E Bass Trombone: Pedal Bb to E above the staff

Percussion
1. Snare drum students will be responsible for the 26 standard rudiments from the Percussive Arts Society in lieu of scales. (Please see the enclosed chart) 2. All Rudiments will be performed open to closed and back to open. 3. Timpani students will be auditioned on a three drum set up. Students will be given the lowest pitch and be required to find the upper two pitches without the benefit of a pitch pipe for both their sight-reading and prepared piece.

Scoring Breakdown
SCALES: 20 % of the total score. SIGHT-READING: 30 % of the total score. SOLO: 50 % of the total score. NOTE: THE USE OF XEROX COPIES AT THE AUDITION IS PROHIBITED

PMEA District 11 String Audition Requirements Major Scales


1. Students must be prepared to perform from memory the following major scales.

C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab, G, D, A, E


2. All major scales will be performed using the following rhythm pattern:

3. 4.

The minimum tempo for the nine major scales is M.M. 1/4 NOTE = 120. Students may perform scales at faster tempo if they so choose provided the tempo is steady. Students must be prepared to perform the major scales slurred with one bow per octave or with separate bows for each note.

5. The following OCTAVES for major scales will be required for the audition with no variation. Instrument VIOLIN VIOLA CELLO BASS Octaves THREE TWO THREE ONE TWO X X X X X C X F X Bb X X X X X X Eb X Ab X X X X X X X G X D X A X X X E X

Chromatic Scales
1. 2. Students must be prepared to perform from memory the chromatic scales listed below. All chromatic scales will be performed using the following rhythmic pattern.

3. 4.

The minimum tempo for the chromatic scales is MM. 1/4 NOTE = 120. Students may perform scales at a faster tempo if they so choose provided the tempo is steady. Students must be prepared to perform the chromatic scale with a slurred articulation: Violin, Viola, Cello, String Bass- Three notes per bow.

5. The following OCTAVES will be required for the audition with no variation. Three Octaves- Violin: G-G, Viola: C-C, Cello: C-C Two Octaves- String Bass: E-E
Scoring Breakdown SCALES: 20 % of the total score. SIGHT-READING: 30 % of the total score. SOLO: 50 % of the total score. NOTE: THE USE OF XEROX COPIES AT THE AUDITION IS PROHIBITED