Você está na página 1de 3

MEDIA RELEASE June 2011

DOT cheers new Cebu Pacific Manila-Busan service

The Department of Tourism (DOT) welcomed yesterday budget airline Cebu Pacifics inaugural Manila-Busan flight as a sign of continued confidence from Korea, the Philippines largest tourism market. Korea has become an extremely important market for us. Cebu Pacific has likewise been on its toes in delivering on this market, now with 29 weekly flights to Korea including this new service to Busan, said Secretary Alberto A. Lim at the flight launch from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 3. Cebu Pacific adds the four-times-weekly Manila-Busan flights the airlines 24th international route and 75th overall to a Cebu-Busan service, also four times weekly. It also flies twice daily from Manila and daily from Cebu to Incheon, the primary airport servicing the South Korean capital of Seoul. Busan is the second largest city in Korea. We now have the two largest cities in Korea connected with the two largest cities in the Philippines, and we feel that weve actually helped in attracting more Korean tourists because were all about low fares, said Alex Reyes, Vice President for Commercial Planning at Cebu Pacific.

DOT Media Release June 2011

Page 1

Lim expressed hope that low-cost airfare would be a continuing trend, with more participants in the market. Also present at the launch were His Excellency Lee Hye Min, Ambassador of South Korea to the Philippines, Maj. Gen. Antonio Bautista, Senior Assistant General Manager of the Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) and Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) Deputy Director General for Operations Napoleon Garcia. Korea is the Philippines largest single foreign tourist market. Last years 740,622 Korean visitor arrivals comprised 21.04% of all arrivals and represented a 48.74% increase from 2009. The surge has thus far continued this year with 286,018 Korean tourists arriving from January to April, up 28.35% from the same period last year. The inaugural Busan-Manila return flight that arrived Wednesday brought members of the Korean press, who were toured by the DOT around Manila and Puerto Princesa, Palawan in an effort to further promote the Philippines to Korean tourists.

#####

CONTACT:

EVELYN A. MACAYAYONG Office of Marketing Communications 525-18-05

DOT Media Release June 2011

Page 2

1st photo:

(From left to right) CEB cabin crew with CEB VP for Commercial Planning Alex Reyes, CAAP Deputy Director General for Operations Napoleon Garcia, DOT Secretary Alberto Lim, Ambassador Lee Hye Min of the Republic of South Korea , MIAA Senior Assistant General Manager Antonio Bautista and CEB VP for Airport Services Antonio Jose Rodriguez.
2nd photo:

(From left to right) CEB cabin crew with CAAP Deputy Director General for Operations Napoleon Garcia, Ambassador Lee Hye Min of the Republic of South Korea, DOT Secretary Alberto Lim, CEB VP for Airport Services Antonio Jose Rodriguez, CEB VP for Commercial Planning Alex Reyes and CEB VP for People and Administration Michael Shau.

DOT Media Release June 2011

Page 3