This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
About Kardena Pauza
Hi! My name is Kardena Pauza, and I’m a personal trainer and certified nutrition expert. In 2003 I completely changed my life by adopting a meat-free diet. And since then, I’ve been living the vegetarian lifestyle and loving it. At first I made many common vegetarian eating mistakes, but since then I’ve developed a simple, high-energy diet meal plan that has helped me build the body of my dreams. And I’m here to show you how to do it as well. Once you get started with a meatfree diet (and even dairy-free and egg-free), you’ll be amazed at how much mental and physical energy you can have all day long. You’ll no longer feel sluggish or tired after eating big heavy meals. You won’t fall asleep at your desk. You won’t be a zombie at work or at home when your kids want to play. And best of all, the body fat will just melt right off of you thanks to your new diet. As you can imagine, people have a lot of preconceived notions about a vegetarian diet and think that it will just make them weak, tired, pale, and sickly looking. But that is NOT the case if you eat the right foods. And once you try going completely animal-free, I know you’ll be hooked on the new vitality and energy in your life. I look forward to helping you, and please let me know if you have any questions! See you in the kitchen, Kardena Pauza Author,
Table of Contents Smoothies ............................................................................................................... .pg. 4 Desserts .................................................................................................................................pg. 11 Breakfast............................................................................................................... .pg. 27 Lunch .................................................................................................................... pg. 44 Dinner................................................................................................................... .pg. 67
SMOOTHIE RECIPES 1. Banana Carob Smoothie You’ll love this yummy smoothie that tastes similar to a chocolate-banana shake. And if you didn’t know what carob is, it’s a great, healthy substitute for chocolate. Of course, if you want “real” chocolate, you can use cocoa powder instead of the carob. Ingredients: 1 frozen chopped bananas 3/4 cup soy milk or almond milk- unsweetened preferably 1 1/2 Tbsp. carob powder 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or agave nectar 1/2 tsp. vanilla Dash of cinnamon Add water to make more pourable and ice if you prefer a chilled drink 2. Strawberry Ecstasy Smoothie Ingredients: 1 cup almond milk- unsweetened preferably 1 cup frozen or fresh Strawberries 2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder or cacao nibs (Nibs are more bitter) 1-2 dates or agave to taste 3. Spice Up Your Life You’ll be surprised by what adding cayenne can do to a chocolate or cacao smoothie! Ingredients: 1 cup coconut water (From fresh young thai coconut preferably or in a container) 1/4 cup almonds soaked 1 Tbsp. cacao powder 1/8 cup white raisins Dash of cayenne Pinch sea salt
Banana Cherry and Sesame Ingredients: Frozen organic cherries (1/2 cup to 1 cup) 1 banana 2 Tbsp. and nuts in 2-3 cups of water first preferably. © www. flax seeds (Thickens smoothie) 2 tsp. sesame seeds 1 or 2 tsp.4.VegetarianFoodPlan. spinach. Marvellous Mango Ingredients: 2-3 tsp. cucumber. 2) Next add all the remaining ingredients: peeled mango.com . sunflower. coconut. ginger and blend. 1 Tbsp. Mango Delight’ Smoothie Ingredients: 1 cup organic almond milk 1 large fresh mango (peeled) or frozen 1 apple. raw sunflower seeds 4-6 raw Brazil nuts or 4-8 soaked raw almonds 1 Tbsp. ground up sesame seed 6. cored 2 tsp. of raw cacao powder Raw honey or agave nectar as sweetener Water/ice to blend 5. ground up flax seed 2 tsp. coconut butter or oil 1 large mango (Peel & remove pit) 1/4” slice of fresh ginger root 1/3 cucumber (Optional to peel) 1-2 cups spinach 2-3 cups water Preparation: 1) Blend flax.
of cacao powder 1/2 tsp. Mac’ Berry Almond Smoothie Ingredients: 1/2 banana (Or substitute half an avocado but eliminate the flax oil) 4 oz. of soaked brown flax seed 1 Tbsp. of honey 1 tray of ice cubes Water 9. of coconut butter 1 tsp. cacao nibs 3-4 each raw almonds AND macadamia nuts 2 tsp. chopped flax seeds 8.com 6 . hemp seeds 3 tsp.7. Cran-Orange Strawberry Smoothie Ingredients: 2 oranges 1 cup strawberries (Frozen or fresh) 1/3 cup unsweetened cranberries (Frozen is ok) 1 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. ZEN-ANANA Smoothie Ingredients: 1 large banana sliced 8 oz green tea 2 cup spinach 1 Gala or Fuji apple sliced pinch nutmeg or cinnamon © www. Low Glycemic Chocolate-Green Smoothie Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. flax oil 1 tsp. frozen acai 1/3 to 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries 1-2 Tbsp. of your favorite dried green supplement Stevia (Optional) 10. of maca Handful of goji berries 1 tsp.
ground flaxseed 1/4 cup soaked raw almonds 1 tsp. soy. Oat Meal Raw Food Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2-1 cup soaked oat groats (Let soak uncovered.2 cups liquid use water. organic maple syrup Add ice 13. Carob Shake Ingredients: 1 large banana 1-1/2 cup almond. of cacao powder 11/2 . Chocolate-Avocado DREAM Ingredients: 1/2 avocado 1 medium sized banana 4-6 dates (Sweeten to taste. or rice milk 1 Tbsp. hemp. raisins & hemp seeds (Optional) www. rice milk (less for thicker shake) 12.VegetarianFoodPlan. in water over night.com 7 .11. cinnamon 1/4 cup pure water if blending Nuts. almond. less is better) 1 Tbsp. soy. flax meal 3 Tbsp. soaked brown flax seed (Optional) 1-2 tsp. raw carob powder 1 or 2 shakes of cinnamon 1 Tbsp. rinse before use) 2 apples sliced 1 banana sliced 1 Tbsp.
rice. soy or hemp milk 1 Tbsp. soaked flaxseed 4-6 chucks pineapple (Fresh or frozen) 1-2 cup organic spinach (Fresh or frozen) 15. Green Pome-berry Smoothie Ingredients: 1 medium sized banana 6-8oz (1 cup) frozen blueberries 1/2 cup pomegranate juice 1/2 cup almond. Remember to be very careful to avoid hard pieces from the husk. maca (Optional) Young Coconut Preparation: To open young coconut use clever or chef knife. Vegan Green Chocolate Shake Ingredients: Almond milk vanilla unsweetened 1-2 fresh kale leaves Almond butter 1 Tbsp.14.com 8 1) . flax oil or substitute with Y2 avocado if no oil Couple dashes of cinnamon 1 tsp. blueberry) Dash of Stevia to taste Dash cinnamon 1 Tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. strawberry. 2) Scoop out coconut meat and place in blender. 16.water and meat 1 cup your favorite frozen berry (Raspberry. Energizing Smoothie Ingredients: 1/2 ripe avocado 1 frozen banana 1 young coconut. then dump coconut water into blender. Favorite fruit/Y2 an apple 1/4 inch-1/2 inch raw ginger peeled Udo's.+ cocoa powder Handful blueberries or strawberries Pumpkin seeds Water (As needed) Dash Stevia to sweeten ©www.
Mango Banana Smoothie Ingredients: 1 medium-sized mango Dash of agave nectar or maple syrup 1 medium sized banana or ripe plantain 3/4-1 cup hemp. coconut butter (Or 1 young coconut with coco-water if available in your area) 2-3 cups water until desired Add ice only if desired www. soy. of ginger root powder or 1/4 inch fresh peeled ginger 1 Tbsp. rice or almond milk Add ice if desired 19. of spirulina or SuperGreens powder Add water/ice 18.VegetarianFoodPlan.17. Parsley Pear Smoothie 2 pears sliced 1/3 bunch of parsley (Traditional or Italian is fine) 1 stalk of celery (the greener the better) 2 Tbsp. Green Machine Smoothie Ingredients: 3-5 leaves of kale 1 kiwi 1 avocado 2 Tbsp. of flaxseed oil 1/4 tsp.com 9 . Tropical Green Smoothie Ingredients: 3 cups fresh organic baby spinach 2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple cubes 2-3 kiwis 1/2 avocado 1 banana Add ice & water until desired 20.
3) Stir flour and baking powder in large bowl 4) In separate bowl stir well and combine applesauce. 5) Spread batter evenly into sprayed pan. Blueberry Squares Ingredients: 4 cups fresh blueberries or berry of your choice 2 tsp. baking powder 1 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) 4 oz agave nectar 2 tsp. ground cinnamon 1 tsp. ground cloves 2 cups rolled oats 1/4 cup Maranta Starch or “Arrow Root” (Use instead of cornstarch to thicken) 1 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. agave nectar and vanilla. cloves. 7) Moisten your fork if it begins to stick to batter. 2) Spray baking pan with cooking spray. 6) Bake about 30 minutes or until lightly browned on edges. Chocolate Chip Vegan Cookies Ingredients: 3 cups whole-wheat flour 1 tsp. 8) Bake about 12 minutes or until golden. of batter onto cookie sheet and flatten with fork.com 10 . 3) Using blender or food processor grind oats to coarse powder texture. arrowroot and apple juice concentrate in large bowl.DESSERT RECIPES 1. 2) Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. 6) Place a Tbsp. cinnamon. alcohol free vanilla extract (Trader Joe’s has alcohol free) 8 oz/1 cup unsweetened carob chips 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans 1/4 cup sunflower seeds Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.VegetarianFoodPlan. walnuts and seeds. 5) Now add to dry ingredients and fold in carob chips. 7) Allow treat to cool down then cut into squares and serve! ©www. 4) Processed oats with berries. Makes 48 cookies 2.
well mashed (about 1 1/2 cups) 1 tsp. baking soda. baking powder and spice in a large mixing bowl. nutmeg 1 tsp. alcohol free vanilla extract (Trader Joe’s has Alcohol Free FYI) 2 Tbsp. all-spice 1/2 tsp. 5) Mix in the flax seed. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp. Chocolate Oatmeal Chai Cookie Recipe Ingredients: 2 cups rolled oats. 4. 7) Remove pie from oven and cover with aluminium foil for 10 minutes before removing from pan. vanilla extract 1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil.com 11 .can do gluten free 1/3 cup coconut. applesauce. baking powder 6-7 ounces chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar chopped or unsweetened carob www. mixed with 2 Tbsp. slightly warm. 6) Pour batter into oiled pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. finely shredded & unsweetened 3 large. ground flax seed. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. fine grain sea salt 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. water until smooth Preparation: 1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees 2) Lightly oil a 9 inch pan with vegetable oil 3) Combine the flour. Vegan Apple Pie Ingredients: 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate 1 3/4 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour 1/2 cup quick oats 1/2 cup of raisins 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1 tsp. oats. baking powder 1 Tbsp. and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. do not cook 2/3 cup almond meal 1/4 teaspoon cardamom 1/4 tsp.3. ripe bananas. 4) Stir in the apple juice concentrate. ground cloves 1/4 tsp.
almond meal. vanilla extract.VegetarianFoodPlan. an inch apart. Set aside. 2) Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. and ginger.12 minutes or until the cookies are golden on top and bottom. leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. 8) Bake in the top 1/3 of the oven for 10 . salt. 2) To make almond meal. raisins and oats. 3) In a large bowl whisk together the flour. cardamom. baking powder Scant 1/2 tsp. shredded coconut. room temperature 1/2 cup unrefined (fragrant) coconut oil. 5. each about 2 teaspoons in size. grated fresh ginger 1/4 cup wheat germ 1/2 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 375F degrees.don't go too far or you'll end up with almond butter. 4) Add the nuts and carrots. 5) In a separate smaller bowl use a whisk to combine the maple syrup.14 minutes or until turning brown on the bottom. onto a parchment lined baking sheet. coconut oil. ground cloves. 8) Bake for 12 .Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. cinnamon. baking powder. racks in the top third. wheat germ. Carrot Ginger Oatmeal Cookie Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour 1 tsp. ©www. and baking powder. fine grain sea salt 1 cup rolled oats 2/3 cup chopped walnuts 1 cup shredded carrots 1/2 cup real maple syrup. 5) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. 6) Fold in the chocolate/carob. one level tablespoonful at a time. salt. Makes about 3 dozen bite-sized cookies.You can make your own almond meal by pulsing almonds in a food processor until it is the texture of sand . 6) Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. 7) Drop dollops of the dough. and coconut oil. 7) Drop onto prepared baking sheets. warmed until just melted 1 tsp.com 12 . 4) In another bowl whisk together the oats. 3) In a large bowl combine the bananas.
Press down on each one gently with the back of a fork. go ahead and chill the batter for an hour or so before this step. and salt. In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour. fine grain sea salt 1 cup Organic Creamy Peanut Butter 1 cup maple syrup 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil 1 1/2 tsp. 6.VegetarianFoodPlan.Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies. It's a loose batter.but don't over bake or they will be dry. Place racks in the top third.still a bit dusty looking. Let cool five minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. Organic Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour. Let sit for five minutes. baking soda. 9) 10) Make 2 . give one more quick stir. Pour the flour mixture over the peanut butter mixture and stir until barely combined . Now drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets.com 13 . vanilla extract Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Preheat oven to 350F degrees. and vanilla. baking soda 3/4 tsp. maple syrup. In a separate larger bowl combine the peanut butter. maybe 11 minutes . Stir until combined. spelt flour. or unbleached all-purpose flour 1 tsp. just a stroke or two. www. olive oil. Bake for 10. so if you're set on doing criss-crosses.3 dozen cookies.
VegetarianFoodPlan. carob powder 3 Tbsp. Ingredients: 1 cup raw cashews 3 Tbsp. cacao powder 1 Tbsp. ©www.com 14 . or crumble some graham crackers on top. Dark Chocolaty Chocolate Pudding Make a rich and creamy vegan chocolate mousse from tofu! Garnish with fresh strawberries.7. red seedless grapes. a slice of apricot or whipped cream. agave nectar or to taste 1/2 cup almond milk Add water if need to thin for blending Preparation: 1) Place all the ingredients in a powerful blender and puree until creamy. 2) Pour the pudding into bowls and add your desired toppings.
4) Combine the carrots and the rest of the ingredients except for the walnuts to the flour mixture. ground cinnamon 1/4 cup raisins 1 Y2 tsp. Grade B (vegan) or 1 cup honey (Vegetarian) 1/2 cup crushed walnuts (Optional) Preparation: 1) First. mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl: flour. ground cloves 1 tsp. Mix until "just mixed. 7) Bake for 40-50 min at 350F until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Peter Rabbit Carrot Cake Ingredients: 2 cups spelt flour or whole wheat flour 2 tsp. I use a food processor instead of grating them by hand. cloves.com 15 . allspice. 6) Transfer to a greased 13x9x2 pan.VegetarianFoodPlan. cinnamon." 5) Mix in the walnuts. baking powder. 3) Preheat the oven to 350F. and salt. salt 2 cup grated carrots 1 cup almond milk 1 1/2 cup applesauce 1 cup maple syrup. 2) Grate the carrots. baking powder 1 1/2 tsp. 8) Cool on a counter for 30 min and then frost with cream cheese frosting © www. baking soda. baking soda 2 tsp. allspice Y2 tsp.8.
combine the flour. 7) Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan. and agave nectar. © www.VegetarianFoodPlan. orange zest 1 Tbsp. salt 1 cup (240 ml) blueberries Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350F. almond milk. and salt. baking powder. 5) Add blueberries and use a spoon or spatula to ensure they are coated with the flour mixture. soda. about 40-45 minutes. orange juice 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk (Or apple sauce) 1/2 cup agave nectar 2 cups whole wheat flour 3/4 tsp. 6) Add the banana mixture and gently mix until just combined. Blue Banana Bread Ingredients: 3 large over-ripe bananas 1 tsp. 2) Wipe a 9x5-inch loaf pan with oil. mash the bananas and add orange zest. orange juice. 9) Allow to cool before cutting and serving. 4) In a separate bowl.com 16 . 8) Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. baking soda (Non-aluminum) 1/2 tsp. Stir well to combine. 3) In a large bowl. baking powder 3/4 tsp.9.
7) At this point. of salt (Optional) 1/2 tsp. 5) Add in applesauce and egg substitute and beat well. Super Yummy Low-Fat Whole Wheat Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Ingredients: 1/4 tsp. 4) In a mixing bowl. arrowroot flour (As substitute for 1 egg) 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour 3/4 cup of dry oats 2 Tbsp. remove from cookie tray and cool on a rack. 2) Prepare a cookie sheet either with non-stick spray or a parchment paper. chopped 2 Tbsp. of vanilla essence 1/4 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350F.VegetarianFoodPlan. of ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 tsp.1/2 cup of sugar 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce 3/4 tsp. beat olive oil (and/or milk) together with the vegan sugar. This dough will be very slightly sticky. olive oil or 1 Tbsp. 6) Add in the flour mixture and beat on medium until a semi-stiff dough forms. add the vanilla essence. www. oil + 1 Tbsp of Almond Milk 1/3 .10. 3) Sift the salt. cloves 1/2 tsp. 10) Bake in the center of oven for about 10-12 minutes. 12) Eat when nice a warm and chewy. 8) Drop by tablespoonful about 3 to a row. 11) When it’s done. of baking soda 1/4 cup pecans. baking soda into the flour and oatmeal in a bowl.com 17 . Stir to blend together. cinnamon. 9) Flatten to about 3/4 and keep it thick. raisins and nuts and mix well into the dough.
com 18 . your better off slightly undercooking them and having a slightly soft middle. Use a hand blender to blend the oats into a powder/flour. You may need to adjust wet/dry ingredients to achieve the correct texture. Add all the other ingredients and mix well. Leave to cool and enjoy! 5) 6) 7) 8) ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with foil and lightly oil the bottom. vanilla essence 1/2 cup carob powder 1 large.11. Bake for 30-35 minutes. The mixture should be sticky but not too wet. very ripe banana Pinch of salt 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1/8 cup sultanas or raisins 1/2 Tbsp. tahini Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Pre-heat oven to 350°. pure maple syrup Egg replacer equivalent of 2 eggs 1/2 tsp. Low-fat Wheat-free Carob Brownies Ingredients: 1/3 cup brown rice flour 2/3 cup porridge oats 4 Tbsp. Don’t over cook. Mash the banana in a large mixing bowl.
and process until only slightly chunky. almond butter 2 Tbsp. Raw Banana Macaroons Ingredients: 1 cup medjool dates 1 banana 1/2 cup coconut. 13. shredded (Unsweetened) Y2 cup quick oats 1 Tbsp. Roll into balls and lightly roll in shredded coconut.raspberries. agave nectar Pinch of salt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Remove the pits from dates. sliced strawberries Preparation: 1) Process avocado. Hold back a little coconut for coating the macaroons. sweetener (dates or maple syrup) and carob in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. Raw Carob pudding Ingredients: 2 medium ripe avocados 1 Y2 cup dates or 1 cup maple syrup If using dates add a little orange juice when blending 1/2 cup raw carob powder Toppings.com 19 .12.VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. pecans. Place all ingredients in a food processor.
14. Once smooth. remove from food processor by tablespoon-sized blobs and flatten into cookie-ish rounds. 2) If you can't get the mixture to hold together. add cacao nibs and blend just until nibs are well distributed. 2) Add walnuts.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 20 . cinnamon Y2 tsp. 3) After ingredients are mixed. salt and coconut oil and mix it all up. mint. Raw "Chocolate Mint" Cookies Ingredients: 2 Y2 cups raw walnuts 2-3 fresh mint leaves. © www. but not liquid) 2 Tbsp. shredded 12 dates (Medjool are best) Y2-3/4 tsp. raw coconut oil (It's best if it's very soft. cacao nibs Preparation: 1) Place dates in food processor and mix until smooth. Speedy Raw Cookies Ingredients: 3/4 cup raw walnuts. 4) Refrigerate before eating. cinnamon. salt 1 Y2 Tbsp. add a few more raisins and a tablespoon of water. again until smooth. cashews or pecans 1/4 cup raw carob powder 1 cup raisins or dates Preparation: 1) Process all ingredients in a food processor until fine and sticky. 3) Shape into balls and enjoy! 15. Makes approximately 15 cookies.
com 21 .16. Raw-Berry Pie Ingredients: For the crust: 2 cups almonds 1/2 cup honey For the topping: 1 cup walnuts 1/4 cup honey 1/3 cup blueberries 2 Tbsp. honey. sliced strawberries. sliced Preparation: Crust 1) 2) Topping 1) 2) Blend the walnuts.VegetarianFoodPlan. blueberries. © www. Pour on top of crust and decorate with fresh. and fresh coconut butter (if using) until smooth. fresh coconut butter (Optional) For Garnish: fresh strawberries. Blend the almonds and honey until finely chopped. Spoon into a serving dish and pack down well.
chopped Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) In food processor. cinnamon Water Preparation: 1) Blend all the ingredients until smooth. and cinnamon. ©www. Add the "pecan butter. cinnamon 1/2 cup pecans. Store covered in the fridge until ready to eat. raw cacao powder 1/4 tsp. salt 1 tsp. process dates until smooth (or as close to smooth as you can get). dried coconut 1/2 tsp. salt. Sort of "knead" in the chopped pecans until they're well distributed. Raw Pecan Pie Tart Ingredients: 2 cups pecans. Process until everything is well mixed.com 22 . 18. pitted 1 1/2 cup shredded. Raw Chocolate Pudding Ingredients: Meat of 2 coconuts or coconut butter 10 cashews 6 dates 4 Tbsp. Press the pecan mix into a 9x9 or 8x8 inch glass pan.VegetarianFoodPlan.17. Remove from food processor and place the mixture in a medium-sized bowl or onto the counter. made into a smooth "pecan butter" (Your food processor can do this) 30 medjool dates." coconut.
orange peel. raw tahini Preparation: 1) Blend all ingredients until smooth and it’s ready to eat! 20. Papaya Banana Pudding Ingredients: 1 cup papaya chunks (About Y2 a Hawaiian papaya.com 23 . soaked overnight 2 cups raisins Y2 cup orange peel 2 medium oranges.19. peeled and seeded) 1 banana 1-2 tsp. raisins. oranges. and apples in a food processor until they are finely chopped. whole and peeled 2 apples.VegetarianFoodPlan. sea salt. use a spatula to spread cookie mixture onto a dehydrator tray OR shape into balls and eat as is. 2) When all ingredients are finely processed. Orange Almond Cookies Ingredients: 4 cups raw almonds. cored Preparation: 1) Blend the almonds. ©www.
cumin Lettuce leaf – Romaine/Collard Green Preparation: 1) In a food processor combine and blend almonds. Remove from heat and let cool. The leaf will give the dish more crunch and texture.BREAKFAST RECIPES 1. and green onions.com 24 .VegetarianFoodPlan. Oatmeal Ingredients: 3 cups water 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal 1/2 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Bring water to a boil and add oatmeal. salt and water.do not heat oats. chopped Dash of cayenne 1/4 tsp. * You can eat by itself or in a lettuce leaf. 2) Pour into bowl and fold in chopped tomatoes. cilantro. Raw Scramble Ingredients: 1 cup almonds (Soaked overnight in water) 1/2 cup sunflower seeds 1/4 salt Y2 cup of water 2 Tbsp. This keeps the fiber structure intact and helps the digestive system. 4) Place in water the night before and then prepare yoru breakfast the following morning as if they are cooked. 3) Optional. green onions 1/4 cup cilantro Y2 cup tomatoes. ©www. 2. 2) Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until oats have reach your desired texture. sunflower seeds.
minerals. 4) Add raspberries. To dry granola: 1) Take the chunky mixture and drop it on dehydrator trays. 3) If your dehydrator has a heating gauge. and blend once more about 10-15 seconds. you can add more agave. turn it no higher than 105 degrees so not to destroy the vitamins. cinnamon.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) Add raisins. of agave nectar Dash stevia 1/2 cup of raspberries (Fresh or frozen) Preparation: 1) Measure soaked sunflower seeds and flax seeds and pour into food processor. 4) If you don’t have a dehydrator. Good For You Granola Ingredients: 4 cups of soaked sunflower seeds 1 cup of soaked flax seeds 2/3 cups of raisins 1 tsp. agave nectar and Stevia. 5) Continue to add sweetener to taste. of salt 2 Tbsp. and essential fiber.3. just place it on the tray in small chunky pieces. ©www. of cinnamon 2/3 cup shredded coconut (Unsweetened) 1 tsp. Stevia or honey. 2) You don’t need to smooth it out.com 25 . If you would like it sweeter. or until ingredients are slightly mixed but still chunky. of alcohol free vanilla 1 tsp. alcohol free vanilla. salt. 3) Process all ingredients except raspberries for 10-15 seconds. place in the oven on the lowest temperature possible and leave the oven open a crack or on the lowest setting until dry or about 24 hours.
com 26 . Shake well before using. Refrigerate if you have the space. agave nectar 32 oz. ©www. vanilla Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a blender place rice. raisins 8 oz. Cover and blend on high until rice is pulverized. Fold in ingredients with a large spoon to mix. Muesli Recipe Ingredients: 1 oz. rolled rye Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) Combine all ingredients in a large wide bowl. Eat with fresh fruit and non-dairy milk. Store in an air-tight container. rolled wheat 8 oz. chopped walnuts 5 oz.4. rolled oats 8 oz. chopped dried apples 1/2 cup shredded coconut 5 oz. chopped sesame seeds 1 oz. agave nectar. Rice Milk Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup cooked brown rice 1 oz.VegetarianFoodPlan. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. 5. vanilla and water. water 1 tsp.
3) Cashew milk will last about 5 days covered in the refrigerator. water 1 tsp. vanilla Dash of salt to bring out the flavors Preparation: 1) Place cashews.VegetarianFoodPlan. Cashew Milk Recipe Ingredients: 1/2 cup raw cashew pieces 3 Tbsp. agave nectar 32 oz.com 27 .6. only creamy. vanilla and water in high powered blender. * 1 serving is approximately 1 cup. agave nectar. 4) Shake well before using. 2) Cover and blend on high until cashews are pulverized and there are not chunks of cashew. ©www.
7. Sweet Tofu Rice Pudding Ingredients: 1 cup organic brown rice, short or long 1 1/2 cups water 1 Tbsp. coconut oil 1 tsp. salt 1 cup chopped fresh/ frozen blueberries 1 1/2 cup So Delicious Coconut yogurt 1/4 cup agave nectar 1 cup tofu, firm, cut into cubes 3 Tbsp. pecans 1 tsp. cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Place rice, coconut oil, slat and water in pan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer rice for 30 minutes, or until rice is soft. Make sure the rice does not dry out and burn. Fold in the tofu with 1/3 cup of coconut yogurt and cover lid. Allow to cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, cashews and agave or maple syrup. Cover with lid and allow to sit for ten minutes. Serve warm in bowl and top with fresh blueberries or fruit of your choice.
8. Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Ingredients: 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly, uncooked 1-1/2 cups unsweetened Almond milk 2 Tbsp. raisins 1 apple, cored and chopped 1 tsp. ground cinnamon 1-2 tsp. lemon juice 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) To thoroughly rinse quinoa, cover it with water in a mixing bowl, then rub it between the palms of your hands. Pour off the cloudy liquid through a strainer and then repeat the process two or three more times, until the rinse liquid remains clear. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the rinsed and drained quinoa with almond milk. Bring to a slow simmer, then cover and cook for about 15 minutes until the quinoa is tender. In the blender place apple, raisins, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and lemon juice and puree. Put it in pot with quinoa and let it simmer for 5-15 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
2) 3) 4) 5) 6)
Makes about 3 cups.
9. Quickie Breakfast Ingredients: 2 to 3 medium dried figs 1/4 cup raisins 1 medium apple 1 cup quick rolled oats 3 cups vanilla almond milk 1/4 tsp. cinnamon Dash of nutmeg Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a food processor, chop the apricot halves, figs, and raisins. Cut and core the apple and then add it to the dried fruit in the food processor. Chop fine. Transfer the fruit mixture to a medium-sized saucepan and add the remaining ingredients. 5) Simmer slowly, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until thickened. Makes 4 servings.
10. Veggie Tofu Scramble Ingredients: 1/2 cup chopped celery 1/2 cup minced onion 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper 1 cup zucchini 1 cup chopped kale 1 1/2 tsp. chilli powder 1 tsp. cumin 16 oz. low-fat tofu, drained and crumbled 1/2 Tbsp. Himalayan salt 1/2 cup vegetable broth 1/4 tsp. pepper Preparation: 1) Heat 1/4 cup of vegetable broth, celery, onion, bell pepper, and zucchini in a skillet over medium-high heat. 2) Cook until softened. Add the remaining vegetable broth, kale, and spices. 3) Cover the pan and cook until the kale is wilted. 4) Add the crumbled tofu. Cook until firm and lightly browned. 5) Add the salt, pepper. 11. Couscous Breakfast Ingredients: 2 cups hot Almond milk 2 cups dry couscous 1/3 cup raisins, soaked in water and drained 1/3 cup dried apricots 6 pecans, raw honey, to taste (Or use agave nectar) Preparation: 1) Bring the almond milk to a boil on the stove. 2) Add the couscous to the hot almond milk and let stand 5 minutes. 3) Stir in raisins, pecans, and honey/agave nectar to taste. * A serving size is 1/3-1/2 cup cooked.
cayenne pepper 1/8 tsp. tamari/soy sauce. Makes 4 servings. mash it all up until there are no big chunks. black pepper Y2 bell pepper. Cut it into pieces and put it into a small mixing bowl.12.VegetarianFoodPlan. cayenne and pepper. turmeric.more if preferable 1/8 tsp.com 32 . Sauté until the pieces are brown and crispy. ©www. heat the canola oil and add the Fakin’ Bacon. diced 1 Tbsp. organic) 1 medium tomato 2 Tbsp. turmeric 2 tsp. firm tofu (Non-gmo. In a frying pan. low sodium tamari or nama shoyu sauce. Add the tofu mixture and stir-fry until the tofu is heated through. Rapeseed oil (or other mild-flavored oil) Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Drain the tofu. nutritional yeast Y2 tsp. With a fork. diced Y2 onion. Add the nutritional yeast. Hearty Tofu Scramble Ingredients: l lb. Add the vegetables and stir-fry until they are tender.
chopped 1/2 yellow pepper. minced garlic 1 can black-eyed peas. saute the onion. and peppers in vegetable broth until soft. diced small 1/4 cup salsa 1/4 cup vegetable broth or 1 Tbsp. garlic. tomatoes. 2) Stir in black-eyed peas and cook on medium heat until vegetables are cooked through. nama shoyu and 1/4 cup water 1 package of whole wheat tortillas Preparation: 1) In a nonstick pan. 6) Serve as is or with extra salsa.VegetarianFoodPlan. 3) Stir occasionally to keep from burning. Breakfast Black Eyed Peas Ingredients: 1/2 large red onion.com 33 .13. drained 2-3 Roma tomatoes. chopped 1/2 tsp. hot pepper (Jalepeno) 1 large green pepper. ©www. 4) Stir in salsa and simmer for 5 minutes more. chopped 1 tsp. 5) Warm tortillas and roll up some of the black-eyed peas mixture into each one.
Add spaghetti squash salad.VegetarianFoodPlan. Saute until fully incorporated into tofu mixture and warmed thoroughly. South Western Breakfast Burrito Ingredients: 1-2 low carb tortillas 1/3. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast. Spoon the scrambled tofu/squash mixture in a line down the center of the tortilla. Add salsa. tamari . Warm the tortillas. Add crumbled tofu. cumin.1/2 cup firm tofu. or you can serve it on the top. Roll it up like a burrito. turmeric 1 clove fresh garlic. chopped onion Spaghetti squash salad Salsa Dash of nutritional yeast Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9) 10) Sauté garlic and onions in a little broth.14.com 34 . crumbled 1 Tbsp. crushed 3 Tbsp. Enjoy!! Makes 1 serving. paprika. nama shoyu or tamari (Adds salty flavor) Dash of cayenne. and water. Saute until lightly browned. and spices. ©www.
onions. 6) Top the salsa with the scrambled egg whites or scrambled tofu.com 35 . vegan cheese 4 Tbsp. diced Preparation: 1) Warm the beans and separately scramble the egg whites or tofu mix in a non stick pan. Huevos Rancheros Ingredients: 6 egg whites OR enough scrambled tofu mix to serve two 1 15oz.15. 4) Cover each tortilla with the black beans. diced 3 Tbsp. 5) Top the beans with salsa that you've either warmed upon the stove top. 2) Warm tortillas in oven using a very low temperature so that the tortillas warm all the way through and are still soft (not until they dry out and become crunchy). can of black beans 2 fat free/low fat flour tortillas 1 cup of salsa Diced green chillies 2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. or top the beans with the salsa and place the plates in a microwave oven and heat for 1 to 2 minutes on high. spreading out the beans to cover the whole tortilla. 3) Take the warmed tortillas and place each one flat on a separate plate. Makes 2 servings. ©www. tomatoes.
nutmeg. and raisins and almond milk. cinnamon. 3) You can store leftovers in the refrigerator.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) When ready to cook. Multi Grain Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2 cup whole wheat berries 1/2 cup whole rye berries 1/2 cup oat groats or rolled oat 1/2 cup whole triticale 1/2 cup whole barley 1/2 cup buckwheat groats 1/3 cup sesame seeds 1/3 cup flaxseed Preparation: 1) Combine all ingredients dry and store until you decide to prepare breakfast. measure 2 cups of cereal to 5 cups of water.com 36 . bringing it to boil. 5) Add chopped apple. Or make one serving by boiling 1/4 cup of cereal. ©www. 4) Warm up when you want.16.
©www. cover and let set overnight. 6) This is also really good with dried apricots or with fresh chopped apples.17. 3) Add the dried fruit. put grains and cinnamon in a large bowl or pot. Winter Grain Cereal Ingredients: 2/3 cups steel cut oats 1/3 cup pearl barley 2 Tbsp. raisins 1/3 cup date pieces Dash or three of cinnamon 3 cups water 1 cup unsweetened Almond milk Molasses or Stevia to taste Preparation: 1) The night before. strain water off grains. 2) In the AM. Makes 3-4 servings. 4) Reduce to a bare simmer and stir occasionally for 10 minutes or so.com 37 .VegetarianFoodPlan. add water 1 inch above grains. 5) Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes. the soy milk and 3 cups water and bring to a simmer on the stove.
VegetarianFoodPlan. except for the Cinnamon and blueberries. jam or jelly.com 38 . vanilla Dash of salt 2 tsp. fat substitute (Sunsweet Lighter Bake) 1 to 2 cups Almond milk 1 cup blueberries Powdered cinnamon for topping while cooking Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Just put all the ingredients in a food processor. Serve with fat free maple syrup. ©www. Be sure to add more soy milk or water to keep the batter from getting too thick as it sits. Try to use a cover to steam the pancakes as much as fry them. Reduce the heat as you do subsequent batches. as it reduces the amount of Pam you need to fry them.18. or they will tend to stick. Fry in a non-stick pan sprayed with Pam. Tofu-Breakfast Pancakes Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat flour 1 package silken Mori-Nu low fat tofu (1 gm/3 oz) 1 large apple 1 tsp.
Makes 1 large serving OR 2 small servings. Boil and then simmer the quinoa in water and mollasses for ten minutes.19. Variations – try adding vanilla. or yeast. cinnamon. nut. Add the oats and fruit and simmer for another 15 minutes.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 39 . ©www. blackstrap molasses or raw honey Currants or raisins to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Rinse the grains. Quinoa Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2 cup water 1/4 cup quinoa 1/4 cup steel cut oats 1/4 cup peaches Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg Dash of Himalayan salt 1 Tbsp.
8) Serve.com 40 .VegetarianFoodPlan. agave and vanilla. Makes 12-16 bars. Grease an 8x8 baking dish with grapeseed oil. In a large bowl.20. Stir dry ingredients into wet. combine almond flour. wetting your hands with water to help pat the dough down evenly. Tropical Breakfast Bars Ingredients: 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 cup Grapeseed oil 1/4 cup agave nectar 1 tsp. pumpkin seeds. Mix in coconut. almond slivers and raisins. 7) Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. ©www. combine grapeseed oil. vanilla extract 1/2 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds 1/2 cup sunflower seed 1/4 cup slivered almond 1/4 cup raisins Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) In a small bowl. sunflower seeds. Press the dough into the baking dish. salt and baking soda.
flaxseed oil 2 large ripe avocados 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt 1 medium shallot 2 Tbsp. cut into 1/4 “ slices 1 medium orange bell pepper. fresh tarragon. julienned 1/3 cup sunflower seeds. cut into 1/4 “ slices 1 medium red bell pepper. julienned 1 medium jicama. vinegar Salt and pepper Dash of honey to balance out the flavour Preparation: 1) Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.VegetarianFoodPlan. 3) Place all vegetables in bowel and toss with salad dressing. chopped optional 3 Tbsp.com 41 .LUNCH RECIPES 1. cut into 1/4 “ slices 2 medium Belgian endive. Rainbow Salad Ingredients: 1 medium red onion 1 medium green bell pepper. julienned 1 medium yellow squash or zucchini. ©www. flat-leaf parsley 1 Tbsp. cut into 1/4 “ slices in a diagonal 1 large hothouse cucumber. raw Dressing: 2 Tbsp. 2) Add a little water or more vinegar if necessary to thin.
Roll up the rice paper to form a tight bundle.com 42 . mirin (Sweet Japanese cooking wine) 1 Tbsp. soy sauce. then turn the tofu block on its side and cut into thirds again. cover the rolls with a damp paper towel and some plastic wrap to keep them from drying out.2. 2 sprigs of cilantro. core. then turn the slices over and let sit for another 30 minutes. Press the tofu for 30 minutes. Make a marinade by whisking together 3 tablespoons of the orange juice. making nine equal slices. Stir in the garlic. Serve or pack each roll wrapped in a lettuce leaf (this will keep the spring roll from sticking to the plate). Toss the apple slices with the remaining tablespoon of orange juice to keep them from browning. Let the tofu sit for 30 minutes. and canola oil.VegetarianFoodPlan. Ingredients: 1 pound firm tofu 4 Tbsp. until it is golden brown and the marinade is absorbed. Arrange a slice of tofu along with some apple slices. and scallions in a mound just below the center of the wrapper. freshly squeezed orange juice 1 Tbsp. Set aside to cool. some Napa cabbage. Tofu Apple Spring Rolls The Wonders of Rice Paper: Rice paper wrappers are a fantastic alternative to bread for the gluten-intolerant. Cut the tofu into three slices lengthwise. folding in the sides along the way. Look for them in packages at Asian markets. minced ginger A pinch of cayenne 1 Granny Smith apple 9 (8-inch diameter) dried rice paper wrappers 18 fresh cilantro stems 1 cup finely shredded Napa cabbage 1 bunch scallions. Transfer to a dry work surface and pat dry. Bake the tofu and marinade for 40 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375°F. If packing for later. or until softened. 4) 5) 6) 7) ©www. Dip one of the wrappers in a wide bowl filled with warm water for 15 seconds. sliced 9 large leaf or butterhead lettuce leaves. washed and patted dry Add grated lime for zest Preparation: 1) 2) 3) Wrap the tofu in a kitchen towel and set it on a plate. minced 1 Tbsp. canola oil 2 garlic cloves. ginger. and cayenne. and thinly slice the Granny Smith apple. Peel. Place the slices in an 8×8-inch baking dish and pour the marinade over the top. Put another plate on top and weigh it down with something heavy. soy sauce 1 Tbsp. the mirin.
Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. red pepper flakes (Optional) 2 cups fresh whole basil leaves (one 2 oz. 2) Arrange the cut tomatoes on a large (10×16-inch) baking sheet. 4) Blend the soup in batches in the blender. thyme. and 1 cup water (you may need to add an extra cup if the tomatoes are on the dry side). sea salt 1/2 a medium onion. depending on the strength of your blender). 5) Serve piping hot. ©www. with crackers or chunks of store-bought artisan-style bread. Simmer for 15 minutes. chopped 1 large garlic clove. about 10 minutes. Toss with your hands until the tomatoes are evenly coated with oil.VegetarianFoodPlan. Roasted Tomato Basil Soup Ingredients: 6–6 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes. Add garlic and pepper flakes and sauté for one more minute. 3) Warm the rest of the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until soft and slightly golden. pouring finished soup into a clean saucepan or soup tureen (you may wish to strain the soup as you do this to remove any remaining skin or seeds. bag) 1/2 tsp.3. minced 1 tsp.com 43 . Remove pan from the oven and set aside. dried thyme Preparation: 1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. cut in half lengthwise (About 35) 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. Carefully pour in all the tomatoes and their juices. Add the basil. they should fill the pan completely. extra virgin olive oil 1 Tbsp. Drizzle the tomatoes with 1/4 cup olive oil and sprinkle with salt. then arrange them cut side up. Place in oven and roast the tomatoes for 50 minutes.
4) Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 8 hours. dried thyme 1/2 tsp. brown. and tomato paste. stirring constantly. Add the garlic.5 to 3 quarts) slow cooker. sea salt (Or to taste) Freshly ground black pepper Preparation: 1) Combine the black beans. Let the beans soak for several hours or overnight. Rinse and drain the beans. paprika 1/2 tsp. add the onion and bell pepper and sauté until the onion is translucent and soft. ground cumin 1 1/2 tsp. beef-style texturized vegan protein (TVP) 1 (6-ounce) can salt-free tomato paste 1 tsp. 3) Scrape the onion and spice mixture into the insert of a medium-size (2. for another 2 minutes. ©www. and cayenne and sauté. If you are around. extra virgin olive oil 1 onion. or crimson are all fine here.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.4. Add 5 cups of boiling water and stir until everything is combined and there are no lumps of tomato paste. paprika. until the beans are tender. thyme. Chili Con "Carne" Ingredients: 1/2 cup dried black beans 1/2 cup dried pinto beans 1/2 cup dried navy beans 1 Tbsp. sage. about 5 minutes. When the oil is hot. then cover with a generous amount of water. dried sage 1 tsp.com 44 . TVP. pinto beans. chopped 1 garlic clove. and navy beans in a mixing bowl. Drain the dry beans and add them to the slow cooker along with the lentils. stir in the salt and pepper to taste and serve hot. or until the garlic is soft and the spices are fragrant. dried oregano A pinch of cayenne 1/2 cup uncooked lentils (Black. finely chopped 1/2 a green or red bell pepper. just not red) 1 cup dried. 5) When the chili is done. oregano. cumin. give the chilli a stir or two during the day to ensure even cooking. minced 1 tsp.
4) Allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least one hour before serving.com 45 . chopped small 1 12 ounce can water-packed artichoke hearts. diced 1/3 cup sliced black olives 2 Tbsp.5. Italian Pasta Salad Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups bowtie or corkscrew pasta 1 cup broccoli. Drain and allow to cool. 3) In a large bowl. drained and chopped 1 purple onion. diced 1 red or yellow bell pepper. ©www. chopped fresh basil 1 cup fat-free vegan Italian salad dressing Sea salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) Cook the pasta according to package directions in salted water. broccoli and remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. diced 1 -2 tomatoes. Toss again before serving. 2) Lightly steam the broccoli. until just tender. can green beans.VegetarianFoodPlan. diced 1 12 oz. toss together the pasta.
2) Stir in the carrots. dried 10 cups water 1 onion. Curried Split Pea and Potato Soup Ingredients: 16 oz.6. covered. ©www. Simmer. 3) Puree in a blender or food processor. water. Reheat before serving. green split peas. stirring occasionally. combine the split peas. pepper 1/2 tsp.com 46 . potatoes and celery. chopped 1 tsp. chopped 2 stalks celery. chopped Preparation: 1) In a large saucepan.VegetarianFoodPlan. dried oregano 1 tsp. curry powder 1/2 tsp. onion and spices. Simmer. for an additional 45 minutes. garlic powder 1 tsp. chopped 3 medium potatoes. or until the soup reaches desired thickness. Remove bay leaf. uncovered. salt 1 bay leaf 2 large carrots. for 1 hour.
garlic powder Black pepper. ©www. Raw Eggless Egg Salad Ingredients: 1 Y2 pounds tofu. firm Y2 cup eggless mayonnaise (Nasoya Nayonnaise is my favorite!) 2 red bell peppers. finely shredded 3 Tbsp. served on crackers. prepared mustard 1 Y2 tsp.6. finely chopped 1 tsp. chopped finely 4 scallions (White and green parts).VegetarianFoodPlan. pickle relish 1 Y2 Tbsp. you may wish to finely cube the tofu). Add remaining ingredients and mix well. chopped finely 1 small carrot. or as a side salad. turmeric 4 tsp. The resulting savory treat is wonderful as a sandwich spread. to taste Add dill to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) In a large bowl.com 47 . sea salt 1 Y2 tsp. mash tofu with a fork or potato masher (alternatively. onion granules 1/4 tsp. chopped fresh parsley 2 stalks celery.
2) Add the bell peppers. ground cumin 1 tsp. cayenne. 4) Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. for 5 minutes. drained and rinsed 1 can corn. peeled and chopped (Or one 16-ounce can diced tomatoes) 1 can kidney beans. finely chopped 3-4 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. and stir in the cilantro or parsley. coriander. This is to replace the oil that is often used for sautéing. and bring to a boil. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 yellow bell pepper. 3) Stir in the tomatoes. dried oregano 2 Tbsp. drained and rinsed 1 can black beans. drained (Or 1-1/2 cups frozen corn. and all the beans. and cumin. stirring. and cook. 5) Season with salt and black pepper. oregano. ©www. thawed) Salt and freshly ground pepper. garlic.8. Tres Bean Chilli Ingredients: 1 orange bell pepper.com 48 . coarsely chopped 2-3 cloves garlic. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 red bell pepper. adding water or tomato juice as needed if too much liquid evaporates. 6) Serve in shallow bowls. cayenne pepper 1 tsp. chili powder. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 yellow onion. ground coriander 1 tsp. the canned corn. to taste Water or tomato juice as needed 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves or fresh parsley (Optional) Squeeze lime juice to taste (Optional) Preparation: 1) Heat up the few tablespoons of water in a heavy 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. drained and rinsed 1 can pinto beans. chili powder 3 medium tomatoes. water for sautéing 1/4 tsp. onion. Add a little water as needed.
Transfer them to a food processor. diced green chillies 1 tsp. chili powder 1/4 tsp. weigh pumpkin seeds.com 49 . salt. Mexican Bean Spread Ingredients: 1/2 oz. or omit both. or flax crackers. pinto beans. Process until almost smooth.9. you will need 2 15 oz. cooked pinto beans 4 oz. cans. and green chilies. and liquid smoke flavor. 3) Add water if needed.VegetarianFoodPlan. * If you want to use canned beans. sea salt 1/4 tsp. 2) Add chili powder. * You can use pine nuts instead of pumpkin seeds. 4) Serve with raw veggies or baked tortilla chips. liquid smoke flavouring Preparation: 1) In a medium-small wide bowl. raw pumpkin seeds 16 oz. ©www. rinsed and drained.
cumin and paprika.10. by hand or with the food processor.VegetarianFoodPlan. The pieces should be about the size of a corn kernel. in to very small pieces. 2) Put all chopped veggies in a large bowl and add: 1/2 tsp. just put it in the bowl) 1 cup butternut squash 1 cup cauliflower 1/2 of a red bell pepper with seeds removed 2 Roma tomatoes 1 Carrot 1 Plum 2 Celery stalks 1 Onion 3 Garlic cloves 1 Larger grapefruit Preparation : 1) Cut each vegetable or fruit. each salt. Raw Vegan Ceviche Ingredients: 1 cup corn (Do not cut it up. ©www.com 50 . 4) Stir well keep covered in the fridge 4-6 hours or more. black pepper. 3) Add juice of one large pink grapefruit.
chopped about a cup 1/2 cup celery leaf (Or parsley/cilantro) 1 Roma tomato 1/2 cup olives 1 Tbsp.com 51 . curry A squeeze of lemon Preparation: 1) Place all ingredients in food processor until it turns into a paste. 3) Dehydrate at 145F. dry dill 1 tsp. nutritional yeast (Optional) 1/2 tsp.11. salt 1 Tbsp. gently turning every two hours or so until they start to get crispy on the outside. 2) Mix well and form 1/4 cup balls. ©www. cumin 1 tsp. Makes about 15 balls.VegetarianFoodPlan. Raw Vegan Falafel Ingredients: 1 cup sunflower seeds 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds 1/2 cup corn kernels (Fresh/frozen) 1 large clove of garlic 1 small onion.
You should get a rather thick consistency. Roll it up and the spinach leaf. Place the collard leaf on a cutting board with the underside facing up. chopped ginger 1/4 cup green onions sliced 1/2Tbsp.com 52 . red chili. Add some hemp seeds. ginger. Do this for all the other spinach leafs until the ingredients are gone. Add the almond butter and blend at low speed to combine. and soy sauce. a few pieces of mango. a few sticks of carrot. basil. about 1/4 inch (1 cm) thick. you might need to stick a cocktail stick in it to hold. puree the honey.nam ashoyusauce 1 cup raw almond butter 1/2 head Savoy cabbage. romaine leaves 1 carrot 1 ripe mango 1 handful cilantro leaves 1 handful torn basil leaves Himalayan sea salt Preparation: 1) 2) Cut the carrot into matchstick-size pieces.redchilli1Tbsp. The best and easiest way is to do this with you hands or a large wooden spoon. Cut the Mango lenthwise into strips. and a few leafs of cilantro and. 3) 4) 5) ©www.12. mix the almond butter dressing with the cabbage. Then you put some of the cabbage mix on the leaf. shredded 6 large collard green leaves or for a more mild flavor. Raw Lettuce Wraps Ingredients: 1/2 cup hemp seed 1/2 cup lemon juice 1 1/2 Tbsp. (You may add water if it needs to be thinner) In a bowl.VegetarianFoodPlan. lemon juice. In a blender.
©www. frozen veggies. navy beans 1/2 large onion 4 medium carrots. unpasteurized miso paste 1 can or 15 oz. spices. and carrots into a pot. coriander 2 Tbsp. 2) Add beans.13.VegetarianFoodPlan. fenugreek powder 1/4 tsp. Simple Carrot-Bean Soup Ingredients: 3 cups water 1 Tbsp. miso paste. garlic powder 1 tsp. and oil. crushed red pepper 1 tsp. 3) Simmer for 10 minutes. garam masala 1/2 tsp. cumin seed Salt to taste 1/2 tsp. Simmer for 5 minutes. onion. tarragon leaf 1 tsp.com 53 . olive oil Preparation: 1) Put water. chopped 1-1/2 cups frozen peas/carrots/corn (Any or all) 1 tsp.
ground cumin 1 tsp.com 54 .14. olive oil 2 Tbsp. diced 2 cups zucchini. rinsed and drained 1 1/2 cups tomatoes diced 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water Lemon juice to taste Preparation: 1) Sauté all ingredients in skillet for 10-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. deseeded and diced 1 cup red bell pepper. ©www. ground coriander Dash of cinnamon 3 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. garlic. minced in garlic press 2 tsp. chickpeas. ground black pepper 3 cups sweet potato. deseeded and diced 1 Tbsp. quartered lengthwise and sliced 1 can or 15 oz. Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew Ingredients: 2 cups onion. curry powder 2 tsp. sea salt 1 tsp. diced 1 cup green bell pepper.
combine onion and vinaigrette. wheat germ and parsley. Serve patties on buns with lettuce and tomato or wrap in lettuce leaf and reserved onion mixture. curry powder Tomato sliced 1/2 tsp. curry and pepper. cover and process until smooth. set aside. Makes 6 servings. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until firm. split or whole romaine lettuce leaves 6 lettuce leaves Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) In a small bowl. walnuts.com 55 . Dijon mustard 6 sesame seed hamburger buns. Combine mayonnaise and mustard. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.15. combine the chickpeas. each) chickpeas or garbanzo beans.VegetarianFoodPlan. Add the eggs. rinsed and drained 1/3 cup chopped walnuts 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs 2 eggs 1 tsp. spread over cut sides of buns. In a food processor. Shape into six patties. Chickpea Burgers Ingredients: 1 large red onion. pepper 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise 2 tsp. thinly sliced 1/4 cup fat-free red wine vinaigrette 2 cans (15 oz. ©www. cover and pulse until blended.
reserve them to roast if you’d like. or delicate squash 1/3 cup pineapple juice 1 Tbsp. all spice. 4) Scoop out the seeds.16. and pepper among the halves and use a fork to fluff and incorporate mixture into squash.com 56 . all spice Dash of cinnamon (Optional) Salt and pepper Preparation: 1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.VegetarianFoodPlan. salt. oil. 2) Place the whole squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil and roast for 40-45 minutes. butternut. extra virgin olive oil 1/4 tsp. 3) Remove from the oven. Acorn Squash with Pineapple Ingredients: 2 medium acorn. allow to cool for 10 minutes. or until tender. 6) E n j o y ! ©www. then cut in half horizontally. 5) Divide the juice.
Makes 4 servings.com 57 . ©www. top with tomato. rinsed and drained 4 low carb tortillas (6 inches).) black beans. Fold in half. Black Bean Fajitas Ingredients: 1/2 cup each julienned sweet yellow pepper and red pepper 1 cup red onions julienned 1 can (15 oz. Add beans. salsa. seeded and chopped 1/2 cup salsa 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or vegan cheese 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Saute yellow and red pepper in a pan.VegetarianFoodPlan. cheese and sour cream. warmed or lettuce leaf for wrap 1 medium tomato.17. cover and cook 1 minute longer or until heated through. Spoon 1/2 cupful down the center of each tortilla.
unpasteurized barley miso Y2 tsp.18.VegetarianFoodPlan. Raw Creamed Spinach Soup Ingredients: Y2 head spinach leaves Y2 cucumber. cold pressed olive oil Preparation: 1) Blend all ingredients until smooth. salt Y2 tsp. freshly cracked pepper Dash chili powder 1 Tbsp. peeled 1/4 cup water 1 avocado 1 clove garlic 1 cup tomato 1 Tbsp. ©www.com 58 . lemon juice 1 Tbsp.
Kick-it-up Spicy Curry Lentils Ingredients: 12 oz. cored and diced 2 cups of spinach 1 cup tomatoes. minced 1 medium onion. masala. cumin. onion. and cayenne. salt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) Heat oil in skillet. diced and crushed 2 cloves garlic. red lentils (dry) 1 tsp. and turmeric and sauté until the onion is transparent. ginger root. diced 1 tsp.19. Add washed lentils and cover mixture with water. Add garlic. garam masala 1/2 tsp. chopped 2 Tbsp. turmeric 1 tsp. cayenne pepper 3 Anaheim chiles roasted. cumin powder 1/2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. Simmer over low heat for about 25 minutes. seeded.com 59 . Add chiles. fresh coriander 1 tsp. Add ginger root. Makes 4 servings. Add salt just before serving. spinach. tomatoes and coriander.
3) Can have as a side dish or on vegetables or salad.VegetarianFoodPlan.20. chopped 1/2 small onion. ©www. Mock Tuna Salad Ingredients: 1 cup garbanzo beans (Canned or pre-cooked) 1 stalk celery.com 60 . finely minced 1-2 Tbsp. 2) Add remaining ingredients and mix well. kelp flakes (Gives it a fishy flavor) Vegan mayonaise Salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) Mash the garbanzo beans.
dried basil Salt and pepper Preparation: 1) Whisk together the orange zest and juice. rough chop the parsley. 4) Drain and rinse the beans and add along with the peas.21. 5) Stir and serve chilled. 3) Mince the garlic. salt and pepper in a large bowl. zest and juice 2 Tbsp. 2) Dice the onion. cooked 1 pound green peas. mustard. roasted bell peppers 1 clove minced garlic 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley. cooked 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. ©www. black beans. and roasted bell peppers and add to the bowel. roughly chopped 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil 1 medium red onion. vinegar. balsamic vinegar 1 Tbsp. oil. * You can use other beans and it will be very tasty. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. diced 1 medium hothouse cucumber 15 oz. pinto beans.com 61 . cucumber. Zesty 3 Bean Salad Ingredients: 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. Dijon mustard 2 Tbsp. and add to the salad. garbanzo beans. cooked 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz.VegetarianFoodPlan. thawed 1 large orange. agave nectar or honey 1/2 tsp.
ground mustard 1/4 tsp.22. 1 hour or longer. Makes 4 to 6 servings. dry uncooked 6 to 7 cups water or vegetable stock 1 medium-size yellow onion. Split Pea Soup This wonderful soup is filling. dried parsley 1/4 tsp. Ingredients: 2 cups green split peas. Place all ingredients except salt and pepper in a soup pot. diced 1 tsp. and serve hot. pressed or minced 2 carrots. Heat should be low-medium. dried marjoram 1 tsp. black pepper Salt and pepper. Cover loosely and cook until peas are tender. and bring to a simmer. diced 2 or 3 garlic cloves. checking for any impurities. such as stones or residue. and freezes well. to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Rinse split peas. 5) The resulting soup should be thick and creamy. Make sure there’s enough water. A crock pot works very well for making this soup and cook for 6-8 hours. with the split peas quite broken down and mushy. packed with protein. ©www. low in calories and fat. diced 2 celery stalks. 6) Add salt and pepper to taste.VegetarianFoodPlan. Check occasionally to make sure water has not completely evaporated. 7) Can make creamy by blending in food processor. dried basil 1/2 tsp.com 62 . brimming with fiber.
Cover. Add tofu to the pan with soy sauce. Stir in garlic and ginger.VegetarianFoodPlan. Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle green onion over tofu before serving.com 63 . or to taste 1 lb. and continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes. ©www. firm tofu Preparation 1) 2) 3) : Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat. minced or in garlic press 2 Tbsp.DINNER RECIPES 1. minced maybe you can use garlic press 1 lime 1 Tbsp. and cook for 1 minute. Rapeseed oil 4 cloves garlic. Garlic Ginger Tofu Ingredients: 3 Tbsp. green onion thinly sliced 1/2” ginger. and stir to coat. soy sauce.
2) Stir in tomato and thyme. Steamed Green Beans with Tomato-Garlic Vinaigrette Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. salt 1/8 tsp. slowly add oil. add to tomato mixture. tossing gently to coat. ©www. covered. crushed and minced 1 Tbsp.com 64 . freshly ground black pepper Garlic cloves. let stand 10 minutes.2.VegetarianFoodPlan. whisking to combine. Dijon mustard 1/4 tsp. 4) Cut into 2-inch pieces. 3) Steam beans. or 1 pound green beans. trimmed Preparation: 1) Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. white wine vinegar 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil 1/2 cup seeded chopped tomato 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme 16 oz.
Rapeseed oil 2 tsp. fresh ginger. nama shoyu 3 Tbsp. Vegetable N’ Braised Tofu Ingredients: 1 pound tofu firm silken style (Organic and non-gmo). 2) Fry for about 5 minutes or until browned. green onions 2 tsp. and sesame seeds and sauté 2-4 more minutes. drained and sliced 2 Tbsp. rapeseed oil in pan and add cubed tofu.VegetarianFoodPlan. fresh garlic.3. 3) Stir fry mushrooms. stems removed 1 cup fresh snow peas 1 cup water Preparation: 1) Heat 1 tsp. garlic. green onions. nama shoyu and ginger in water and remaining oil for several minutes. minced in garlic press 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms. 4) Add chestnuts. divided 1 cup whole water chestnuts. tofu. sesame oil. pressed in garlic press 2 tsp. green beans. ©www. cubed 1” 1 tsp.com 65 . 5) Serve with or without rice.
balsamic vinegar. whisk together remaining chopped basil and garlic. nama shoyu. vegan cheese as toppings. ©www. Set aside. garlic. and vegan mayonnaise. Preparation: 1) Rehydrate sun dried tomatoes in warm water for 15 min. minced garlic 1 cup vegan mayonnaise 3 Tbsp. onion slices. olive oil 2 Tbsp. chopped basil. or sun dried tomatoes in olive oil are ready to go. tomato slices.com 66 . tamari. 3) In a small bowl. olive oil. Portobello Mushroom Burgers with Sun dried Tomato Aioli Ingredients: 6 sun-dried tomatoes or in olive oil 1/4 cup hot water 2-3 cup chopped fresh basil 2 Tbsp. 5) Serve on toasted bun with fresh vegetables on top and sun dried tomato aioli. and tamari. 2) Food process. Grill an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. and process for 1 minute.VegetarianFoodPlan. 4) Dip each mushroom in marinade and place on hot grill. balsamic vinegar 2 Tbsp. of bragg liquid aminos 6 Portobello mushrooms. Grill for 5 minutes and flip with tongs.4. cleaned and dried Whole grain buns or rolls Lettuce. combine sun dried tomatoes and water.
Mash. cumin 1 tsp. Prepare toppings. minced 1/4 .com 67 . food process. Use a leaf of lettuce or tortillas to wrap up the bean. onion. cayenne pepper Black pepper. pinch Toppings: 1 tomato. Burrito of Black Beans Ingredients: 1 Tbsp.5. black beans 2 Tbsp. peeled and cubed Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Strain and rinse black beans. Add apple cider vinegar. apple cider vinegar Spices: 1 clove of garlic. diced 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. cubed 1 avocado. Remove from heat and cover. ©www. or blend beans and onion into a puree. Add spices.VegetarianFoodPlan.1/2 tsp.
fresh lime juice or apple cider vinegar 1 Tbsp. halved and thinly sliced 1/4 cup green onions. sea salt 1/4 tsp. deseeded and diced 1/3 cup red onions.6. garlic. 2) To speed up the chopping process. 3) Cover and chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow flavors to blend. olive oil 1 Tbsp. diced Y2 cup carrots 1 cup cucumber. diced 1/3 celery. Garden Patch Gazpacho Ingredients: 2 cups tomato vegetable juice low sodium 1 cup tomatoes. diced 2/3 bell peppers and color. thinly sliced 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 1 jalapeno pepper. ground cumin 1-2 tsp. minced 1 tsp. chilli powder Y2 tsp. put all vegetables slightly chopped in food processor and pulse until soup has reached desired chunkiness. deseeded and diced 2 Tbsp. ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. ground pepper Hot red pepper optional Preparation: 1) Combine all ingredients and stir well.com 68 . diced 1/4 cup radishes.
chili powder 1/4 tsp. steam broccoli over boiling water for about 5 minutes. 4) Just before you are ready to eat. Peel the stem with a sharp knife. 3) While kasha is cooking. tahini (Sesame seed butter) 1/2 tsp. combine and purée all the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender. salt 1 1/2 oz. ©www. black beans.com 69 . ground coriander 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Preparation: 1) Cut off broccoli stems.VegetarianFoodPlan. 5) Place a small portion of kasha on each serving plate.7. then slice it into 1/2-inch thick rounds. sundried tomatoes in oil 1/4 cup chopped onion 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. then top with steamed broccoli and black-bean sauce. Set aside. Cut or break the tops into bite-sized florets. ground cumin 1/4 tsp. lemon juice 2 Tbsp. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. Broccoli Smothered in Black Bean Sauce Ingredients: 1 large bunch broccoli 4 cups boiling water 2 cups kasha (Use buckwheat groats for a milder flavor) 1/2 tsp. or until all the liquid has been absorbed. cooked and drained 1/2 cup roasted red pepper 2 Tbsp. 2) Place kasha and salt into the water in a large saucepan. or until it is bright green and just tender.
or other seasoning mix Olive oil Risotto. or pasta. polenta. and top with fresh tomato wedges. Zesty Tofu and Vegetables Ingredients: 2 to 3 cups cubed summer squash (Zucchini. cut into 1-inch cubes 1 Tbsp. seeded and cut into large pieces 2 cups small mushrooms 2 tomatoes. ©www. crookneck. cut into chunks 1 red bell pepper. Schilling Garlic and Herb. or pasta Preparation: 1) 2) Sauté the vegetables and mix in tofu cubes.VegetarianFoodPlan. Polenta.8. Spike.com 70 . cubed 1/2 pound very firm tofu. or scallop) 1 onion. Use water in pan if you need more liquid to sauté. Spread the cooked vegetables over Risotto.
Cook for at least 5 minutes. and add the green pepper and onion. Stir all of the spices into the skillet. cooked 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. garlic powder 1 tsp. coarsely chopped 1 cup onion.VegetarianFoodPlan. Garnish with fresh chopped onion and shredded cheese if desired. cooked 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. chopped 1 cup vegetable broth 4 tsp. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for at least 30 minutes. If the onion starts to brown too quickly. chili powder 1 jalapeno (Optional) seeded and chopped 1 tsp. For some reason. olive oil 1 green pepper. turn down the heat on the skillet and add a little water to slow things down. Cut the whole tomatoes into small pieces. black beans. white northern or pinto beans. sugar 1/2 tsp. but do not let them get brown. 3 Bean Bonanza Chili Ingredients: 2 Tbsp. using a can of diced tomatoes instead of the chopped whole tomatoes does not come out as well. Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a mild boil.9. ground cumin seed 1 tsp. and put them (including the juice) into a dish. red kidney beans. ©www. oregano 1 tsp. the more the flavors will blend (up to about an hour). Drain and rinse the beans. chopped 2 1/2 cups whole tomatoes. basil leaf 2 tsp. The longer you cook the chili. cooked Preparation (Makes 6 servings): 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.com 71 . seasoned (or black) pepper 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. stirring often while you do the next few steps. salt 1/2 tsp.
VegetarianFoodPlan.com 72 . grated 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms 1/4 cup red bell peppers 8 oz. ©www.plain yogurt and salsa Low carb tortilla Preparation: 1) Heat all ingredients together on the stove. cooked and removed from shell 1/4 cup carrots. 2) Place in tortilla and top with plain yogurt and salsa. raw 1/4 cup fresh/frozen corn Dash of chilli powder Sea salt Topping. black beans 1/4 cup green bell peppers 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds.10. Spaghetti Squash Salad Ingredients: Whole Spaghetti Squash.
11. cayenne pepper 1 14 oz. Cook for 10 minutes. Add the water and coconut milk and bring to a gentle boil. 7) Add the spinach and cook for another 3-5 minutes to heat it up. can coconut milk (Don't use the "light" version) 4 cups water 1 cup basmati rice 1 16 oz. If not. Add the basmati rice and tofu and reduce heat to simmer. After 20 minutes of cooking the rice should be looking more or less done. ground cumin 1/2 tsp. 8) Take the pot off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. 9) Add salt and pepper to taste. ground mustard 1 tsp. ground coriander 1 tsp. ©www. cook for a while longer. Canola oil 1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger 1/2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. peeled and sliced into half rounds 1 10 oz. Basmati Spinach Stew Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. package firm tofu 2 carrots. Defrost the spinach and squeeze out the extra water. package frozen spinach Salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Sauté carrots and spices for 3-5 minutes. black pepper 1 tsp.com 73 .
salt.com 74 . Bring to a boil. stir-fry 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.12.VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. Add onions. salt 1/4 tsp. sliced almonds. stir-fry for 2 minutes. stir-fry tofu. halved and sliced 2 green onions. Asparagus N’ Squash Tofu Stir-Fry Ingredients: 1/2 tsp. 4) Stir in vegetable broth and sweetener and add to the pan. thinly sliced 1 package (14 oz. 5) Add asparagus mixture and tofu. Remove and keep warm. agave nectar or honey 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth 4 tsp. fresh asparagus. toasted Preparation: 1) In a large nonstick skillet or wok. 2) Add asparagus. sprinkle with almonds. canola oil. braggs amino acids 2 tsp.) extra-firm tofu. stir-fry 2 minutes longer. trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces 1 medium yellow summer squash. 6) Serve with rice. heat through. cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove and keep warm. Add squash. divided 1 cup onions 1 lb. drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes 1/4 tsp. pepper 2 cups hot cooked brown rice 2 Tbsp. Makes 4 servings. pepper and remaining ginger in remaining oil for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. divided 3 tsp. 3) In the same pan. nama shoyu. minced fresh gingerroot. stir-fry 1 teaspoon ginger in 1 teaspoon oil for 1 minute.
13. ©www. Marinate the seitan in the mixture for at least 45 minutes. seitan Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Whisk together all ingredients except for the seitan. Zesty Grilled Seitan Recipe Ingredients: 1/4 cup white wine 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar Zest and juice from one lime Dash salt and pepper to taste 2 Tbsp.com 75 . Add to grilled vegetables or on top of a fresh salad. Grill over hot coals.VegetarianFoodPlan. olive oil 1 lb. turning once and brushing with extra marinade as desired.
Bring to a boil over medium heat. ©www. soy sauce Water for cooking the beans Preparation: 1) 2) Soak the beans overnight in 2 cups of water. 3) Makes 2 -4 servings. Sesame Adzuki Beans Ingredients: 1/2 cup dry adzuki beans 1/4 cup tahini 1 Tbsp.14. Reduce to a simmer and simmer until the beans are soft (depending on your beans 45 minutes to an hour). Drain off any remaining water and stir in the tahini and soy sauce. Drain off the water and transfer the beans to a saucepan. Add 1.com 76 .VegetarianFoodPlan.5 cups water to the beans.
©www. undrained 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. cilantro. undrained 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. great northern beans. Taco Soup Ingredients: 1 large onion. Makes 15 cups. vegan cheese) Preparation: 1) Saute the onion until soft in a large pot sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. black beans.com 77 .15. 2) Add the other ingredients to the pot and simmer for 30-40 minutes. chopped 1 package low sodium natural taco seasoning 2 cups whole kernel corn. cooked.VegetarianFoodPlan. fresh cut of the cob 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. fat free vegetarian refried beans 1 cup diced tomatoes 1 cup salsa Toppings (Avocado.
to taste Preparation: 1) Cut poblano chiles in half lengthwise to create a boat for filling and scrape out seeds. Add salt and pepper to taste. ground cumin 3 1/2 cups or 28 oz. Arrange the chillies on the grill away from the heat.com 78 . Spoon the mixture into the hollowed chiles and sprinkle with remaining cheese. vegetarian baked beans. finely chopped 2 cloves garlic. red bell pepper. 2) Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Grilled Stuffed Chili Rellenos or Green Bell Peppers Ingredients: 6 large poblano chiles or red/green bell peppers 2 Tbsp. olive oil 1 medium onion. hot sauce. drained 1-3 tsp. Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese or vegan cheese. finely chopped 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1 tsp.16.VegetarianFoodPlan. seeded and chopped 1/2 red bell pepper. hot sauce and 8 ounces of cheese. ©www. cilantro and cumin. 3) Remove pan from heat and stir in baked beans. coarsely grated Salt. to taste 12 oz. finely chopped 2 jalapenos. to taste Freshly ground black pepper. garlic. about 30 to 40 minutes. Add onion. jalapenos. and cook over medium heat until golden brown for about 4 minutes. 4) Set up grill for indirect grilling and preheat to medium. Makes 6 – 8 servings. 5) Cook until chillies are tender and cheese is browned and bubbling.
seasoned salt Salt and pepper to taste Oil for frying Whole grain bun or bread Preparation: 1) 2) Sautee the onions till soft. Mixture will be thick. mash the beans until almost smooth. about 3-5 minutes. adding the flour a few tablespoons at a time to combine well. diced 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. ©www. except the oil. garlic powder 1 tsp. Form bean mixture into patties.com 79 .VegetarianFoodPlan.17. crumbled 1 tsp. cooked 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 2 slices bread. black beans. Black Bean Burgers Ingredients: 1/2 onion. Make veggie burgers and enjoy! 3) Makes 6 servings. Add sauteed onions and the rest of the ingredients. In a large bowl. approximately 1/2 inch thick and fry patties in a small amount of oil until slightly firm. onion powder 1/2 tsp.
agave nectar 1 tsp. pepper 5 cups hot cooked gluten free penne pasta Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a large skillet. olive oil 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. Stir in the peas. bring to a boil. jalapeno and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Makes 6 servings.com 80 . for 10 minutes. minced fresh cilantro 1 tsp. ©www. Toss with pasta. rinsed and drained 1-3 Tbsp. minced 1 Tbsp. simmer 10 minutes longer. sauté the green pepper. cider vinegar 1 tsp. seeded and chopped 3 garlic cloves.18. cilantro. cannelloni beans. vinegar. Simmer. onion.VegetarianFoodPlan. uncovered. salt 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper. sugar. Penne Pasta & Beans Ingredients: 3 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes 1 cup chopped red bell pepper 1/2 cup chopped onion 1 jalapeno pepper. Add tomatoes.
olive oil 4 cups (32 oz. Fold one side of tortilla over filling. chilies and seasonings. tomatoes. oregano. chopped 2 garlic cloves. sprinkle with cheese. chili powder (Or purchase a natural taco seasoning to replace chilli. for 3-5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. salt 1/4 tsp. minced 1 Tbsp. Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla. cumin. ©www. chopped Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) In a nonstick skillet.) chopped green chilies 1 Tbsp.com 81 . salt. Bring to a boil. garlic powder) 1 tsp. ground cumin 1 tsp. Bean Tacos Ingredients: 1 medium onion. uncovered.) black beans. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. Garnish with avocado and chopped cilantro. peeled and sliced Fresh cilantro to top.19. Stir in the beans. simmer. rinsed and drained 1 Y2 cup diced tomatoes Y2 cup (4 oz. pepper 8 low carb tortillas (6 inches).VegetarianFoodPlan. saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Makes 8 servings. warmed 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or vegan cheddar cheese 1 large ripe avocado. Reduce heat. garlic powder 1/4 tsp.
stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add cabbage and tomatoes. crushed red pepper flakes 1 package (16 oz. minced fresh ginger root 1/2 tsp. chopped 3 cups hot cooked brown rice Preparation: 1) In a small bowl. Add mushrooms and onions. combine the first 10 ingredients. sesame oil 1 medium sweet yellow pepper. salt 1/2 tsp. set aside. Remove and keep warm.VegetarianFoodPlan. cornstarch 1-1/2 tsp. Makes 6 servings. chili powder 1/2 tsp. bring to a boil. drained and cubed 2 tsp.com 82 . stir-fry for 2 minutes. ©www. stir-fry yellow pepper for 1 minute. 2) In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray.20. Curried Tofu Stir-Fry Ingredients: 1/4 cup nama shoyu sauce or Braggs Amino Acid 2 Tbsp. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are crisp-tender. 5) Return tofu to skillet. peanut butter 1 can (14 oz.) light coconut milk 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots 8 green onions.) firm tofu. cut into 1-inch pieces 4 cups shredded cabbage 4 plum tomatoes. curry powder 1 tsp. honey or agave 1/2 tsp. 4) Stir coconut milk mixture and add to skillet. julienned 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms 1 tbsp. stir-fry tofu in oil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. 3) In the same pan. 6) Serve with rice.
com 83 . 5) Top with sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. black beans and seasonings. dried oregano 1/2 tsp.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or vegan mozzarella cheese Preparation: 1) Cook fettuccine according to package directions. 3) Stir in the pasta sauce. olive oil 2 cups pasta sauce (no high fructose corn syrup) 1 3/4 cup or(15 oz. fennel seed 1/4 tsp. 2) Meanwhile. sauté green pepper and onion in oil until tender.21. uncooked vegan spinach fettuccine 1 small green pepper. uncovered. minced fresh basil or 2 tsp. ©www. Bring to a boil. rinsed and drained 2 Tbsp. in a large saucepan. chopped 1 Tbsp. chopped 1 small onion.) black beans. Spinach Fettuccine with Tomato Basil Bean Sauce Ingredients: 6 oz. 4) Drain fettuccine. dried basil 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. simmer. for 5 minutes. Reduce heat. Makes 5 servings. garlic salt Dash pepper 1/2 cup (4 oz.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.