This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
About Kardena Pauza
Hi! My name is Kardena Pauza, and I’m a personal trainer and certified nutrition expert. In 2003 I completely changed my life by adopting a meat-free diet. And since then, I’ve been living the vegetarian lifestyle and loving it. At first I made many common vegetarian eating mistakes, but since then I’ve developed a simple, high-energy diet meal plan that has helped me build the body of my dreams. And I’m here to show you how to do it as well. Once you get started with a meatfree diet (and even dairy-free and egg-free), you’ll be amazed at how much mental and physical energy you can have all day long. You’ll no longer feel sluggish or tired after eating big heavy meals. You won’t fall asleep at your desk. You won’t be a zombie at work or at home when your kids want to play. And best of all, the body fat will just melt right off of you thanks to your new diet. As you can imagine, people have a lot of preconceived notions about a vegetarian diet and think that it will just make them weak, tired, pale, and sickly looking. But that is NOT the case if you eat the right foods. And once you try going completely animal-free, I know you’ll be hooked on the new vitality and energy in your life. I look forward to helping you, and please let me know if you have any questions! See you in the kitchen, Kardena Pauza Author,
Table of Contents Smoothies ............................................................................................................... .pg. 4 Desserts .................................................................................................................................pg. 11 Breakfast............................................................................................................... .pg. 27 Lunch .................................................................................................................... pg. 44 Dinner................................................................................................................... .pg. 67
SMOOTHIE RECIPES 1. Banana Carob Smoothie You’ll love this yummy smoothie that tastes similar to a chocolate-banana shake. And if you didn’t know what carob is, it’s a great, healthy substitute for chocolate. Of course, if you want “real” chocolate, you can use cocoa powder instead of the carob. Ingredients: 1 frozen chopped bananas 3/4 cup soy milk or almond milk- unsweetened preferably 1 1/2 Tbsp. carob powder 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or agave nectar 1/2 tsp. vanilla Dash of cinnamon Add water to make more pourable and ice if you prefer a chilled drink 2. Strawberry Ecstasy Smoothie Ingredients: 1 cup almond milk- unsweetened preferably 1 cup frozen or fresh Strawberries 2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder or cacao nibs (Nibs are more bitter) 1-2 dates or agave to taste 3. Spice Up Your Life You’ll be surprised by what adding cayenne can do to a chocolate or cacao smoothie! Ingredients: 1 cup coconut water (From fresh young thai coconut preferably or in a container) 1/4 cup almonds soaked 1 Tbsp. cacao powder 1/8 cup white raisins Dash of cayenne Pinch sea salt
spinach.4. coconut. cucumber.com . Marvellous Mango Ingredients: 2-3 tsp. Mango Delight’ Smoothie Ingredients: 1 cup organic almond milk 1 large fresh mango (peeled) or frozen 1 apple. ground up flax seed 2 tsp. sunflower. cored 2 tsp. of raw cacao powder Raw honey or agave nectar as sweetener Water/ice to blend 5. 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds 1 or 2 tsp. ground up sesame seed 6. coconut butter or oil 1 large mango (Peel & remove pit) 1/4” slice of fresh ginger root 1/3 cucumber (Optional to peel) 1-2 cups spinach 2-3 cups water Preparation: 1) Blend flax. and nuts in 2-3 cups of water first preferably.VegetarianFoodPlan. Banana Cherry and Sesame Ingredients: Frozen organic cherries (1/2 cup to 1 cup) 1 banana 2 Tbsp. 2) Next add all the remaining ingredients: peeled mango. © www. raw sunflower seeds 4-6 raw Brazil nuts or 4-8 soaked raw almonds 1 Tbsp. flax seeds (Thickens smoothie) 2 tsp. ginger and blend.
of cacao powder 1/2 tsp.com 6 . hemp seeds 3 tsp. cacao nibs 3-4 each raw almonds AND macadamia nuts 2 tsp. Low Glycemic Chocolate-Green Smoothie Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. Cran-Orange Strawberry Smoothie Ingredients: 2 oranges 1 cup strawberries (Frozen or fresh) 1/3 cup unsweetened cranberries (Frozen is ok) 1 Tbsp. flax oil 1 tsp. of your favorite dried green supplement Stevia (Optional) 10. of honey 1 tray of ice cubes Water 9. of maca Handful of goji berries 1 tsp. of coconut butter 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. of soaked brown flax seed 1 Tbsp. ZEN-ANANA Smoothie Ingredients: 1 large banana sliced 8 oz green tea 2 cup spinach 1 Gala or Fuji apple sliced pinch nutmeg or cinnamon © www. chopped flax seeds 8. frozen acai 1/3 to 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries 1-2 Tbsp. Mac’ Berry Almond Smoothie Ingredients: 1/2 banana (Or substitute half an avocado but eliminate the flax oil) 4 oz.7.
soy. rinse before use) 2 apples sliced 1 banana sliced 1 Tbsp. organic maple syrup Add ice 13.com 7 . hemp. or rice milk 1 Tbsp. of cacao powder 11/2 . soaked brown flax seed (Optional) 1-2 tsp. ground flaxseed 1/4 cup soaked raw almonds 1 tsp. soy.VegetarianFoodPlan. raw carob powder 1 or 2 shakes of cinnamon 1 Tbsp. rice milk (less for thicker shake) 12. flax meal 3 Tbsp. almond. raisins & hemp seeds (Optional) www. in water over night. Carob Shake Ingredients: 1 large banana 1-1/2 cup almond. cinnamon 1/4 cup pure water if blending Nuts. Chocolate-Avocado DREAM Ingredients: 1/2 avocado 1 medium sized banana 4-6 dates (Sweeten to taste. less is better) 1 Tbsp.2 cups liquid use water. Oat Meal Raw Food Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2-1 cup soaked oat groats (Let soak uncovered.11.
16. Green Pome-berry Smoothie Ingredients: 1 medium sized banana 6-8oz (1 cup) frozen blueberries 1/2 cup pomegranate juice 1/2 cup almond. blueberry) Dash of Stevia to taste Dash cinnamon 1 Tsp. rice. 2) Scoop out coconut meat and place in blender. Remember to be very careful to avoid hard pieces from the husk.14. Favorite fruit/Y2 an apple 1/4 inch-1/2 inch raw ginger peeled Udo's.com 8 1) .+ cocoa powder Handful blueberries or strawberries Pumpkin seeds Water (As needed) Dash Stevia to sweeten ©www. soy or hemp milk 1 Tbsp. Vegan Green Chocolate Shake Ingredients: Almond milk vanilla unsweetened 1-2 fresh kale leaves Almond butter 1 Tbsp.water and meat 1 cup your favorite frozen berry (Raspberry. maca (Optional) Young Coconut Preparation: To open young coconut use clever or chef knife. strawberry. soaked flaxseed 4-6 chucks pineapple (Fresh or frozen) 1-2 cup organic spinach (Fresh or frozen) 15. then dump coconut water into blender.VegetarianFoodPlan. Energizing Smoothie Ingredients: 1/2 ripe avocado 1 frozen banana 1 young coconut. flax oil or substitute with Y2 avocado if no oil Couple dashes of cinnamon 1 tsp.
VegetarianFoodPlan. coconut butter (Or 1 young coconut with coco-water if available in your area) 2-3 cups water until desired Add ice only if desired www. of spirulina or SuperGreens powder Add water/ice 18. of ginger root powder or 1/4 inch fresh peeled ginger 1 Tbsp.com 9 . soy. Mango Banana Smoothie Ingredients: 1 medium-sized mango Dash of agave nectar or maple syrup 1 medium sized banana or ripe plantain 3/4-1 cup hemp. rice or almond milk Add ice if desired 19. Green Machine Smoothie Ingredients: 3-5 leaves of kale 1 kiwi 1 avocado 2 Tbsp.17. of flaxseed oil 1/4 tsp. Tropical Green Smoothie Ingredients: 3 cups fresh organic baby spinach 2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple cubes 2-3 kiwis 1/2 avocado 1 banana Add ice & water until desired 20. Parsley Pear Smoothie 2 pears sliced 1/3 bunch of parsley (Traditional or Italian is fine) 1 stalk of celery (the greener the better) 2 Tbsp.
alcohol free vanilla extract (Trader Joe’s has alcohol free) 8 oz/1 cup unsweetened carob chips 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans 1/4 cup sunflower seeds Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. agave nectar and vanilla. baking powder 1 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) 4 oz agave nectar 2 tsp.DESSERT RECIPES 1. ground cinnamon 1 tsp. cinnamon. Makes 48 cookies 2. arrowroot and apple juice concentrate in large bowl. 3) Using blender or food processor grind oats to coarse powder texture. 5) Now add to dry ingredients and fold in carob chips. 3) Stir flour and baking powder in large bowl 4) In separate bowl stir well and combine applesauce. Blueberry Squares Ingredients: 4 cups fresh blueberries or berry of your choice 2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. cloves. walnuts and seeds. of batter onto cookie sheet and flatten with fork. 6) Bake about 30 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.com 10 . ground cloves 2 cups rolled oats 1/4 cup Maranta Starch or “Arrow Root” (Use instead of cornstarch to thicken) 1 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 7) Moisten your fork if it begins to stick to batter. 6) Place a Tbsp. 8) Bake about 12 minutes or until golden. 5) Spread batter evenly into sprayed pan. 4) Processed oats with berries. 2) Spray baking pan with cooking spray. Chocolate Chip Vegan Cookies Ingredients: 3 cups whole-wheat flour 1 tsp. 7) Allow treat to cool down then cut into squares and serve! ©www. 2) Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
Vegan Apple Pie Ingredients: 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate 1 3/4 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour 1/2 cup quick oats 1/2 cup of raisins 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1 tsp. nutmeg 1 tsp. 5) Mix in the flax seed. ground cloves 1/4 tsp. do not cook 2/3 cup almond meal 1/4 teaspoon cardamom 1/4 tsp. all-spice 1/2 tsp. baking powder 6-7 ounces chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar chopped or unsweetened carob www. and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. applesauce. baking powder 1 Tbsp. finely shredded & unsweetened 3 large. ripe bananas. baking powder and spice in a large mixing bowl. mixed with 2 Tbsp.3.VegetarianFoodPlan. Chocolate Oatmeal Chai Cookie Recipe Ingredients: 2 cups rolled oats. 4) Stir in the apple juice concentrate. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. alcohol free vanilla extract (Trader Joe’s has Alcohol Free FYI) 2 Tbsp. slightly warm.com 11 . 4.can do gluten free 1/3 cup coconut. fine grain sea salt 1 tsp. vanilla extract 1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil. baking soda 1 tsp. baking soda. 7) Remove pie from oven and cover with aluminium foil for 10 minutes before removing from pan. ground flax seed. water until smooth Preparation: 1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees 2) Lightly oil a 9 inch pan with vegetable oil 3) Combine the flour. 6) Pour batter into oiled pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. well mashed (about 1 1/2 cups) 1 tsp. oats.
8) Bake for 12 . 2) To make almond meal.You can make your own almond meal by pulsing almonds in a food processor until it is the texture of sand . onto a parchment lined baking sheet. 8) Bake in the top 1/3 of the oven for 10 . 6) Fold in the chocolate/carob. ©www. almond meal. Makes about 3 dozen bite-sized cookies.VegetarianFoodPlan. room temperature 1/2 cup unrefined (fragrant) coconut oil.don't go too far or you'll end up with almond butter. salt. grated fresh ginger 1/4 cup wheat germ 1/2 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 375F degrees. baking powder. 5) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. 7) Drop dollops of the dough. one level tablespoonful at a time. 5. shredded coconut.Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 6) Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Set aside. salt. raisins and oats. and baking powder. ground cloves.com 12 . cardamom. wheat germ. warmed until just melted 1 tsp. fine grain sea salt 1 cup rolled oats 2/3 cup chopped walnuts 1 cup shredded carrots 1/2 cup real maple syrup. Carrot Ginger Oatmeal Cookie Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour 1 tsp. 3) In a large bowl whisk together the flour. 4) In another bowl whisk together the oats. cinnamon. racks in the top third. baking powder Scant 1/2 tsp.12 minutes or until the cookies are golden on top and bottom.14 minutes or until turning brown on the bottom. vanilla extract. an inch apart. coconut oil. 2) Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. 4) Add the nuts and carrots. 3) In a large bowl combine the bananas. each about 2 teaspoons in size. and ginger. 7) Drop onto prepared baking sheets. 5) In a separate smaller bowl use a whisk to combine the maple syrup. and coconut oil.
spelt flour. Press down on each one gently with the back of a fork. Place racks in the top third. In a separate larger bowl combine the peanut butter. maple syrup.com 13 . and salt. 9) 10) Make 2 . go ahead and chill the batter for an hour or so before this step. Organic Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour. give one more quick stir. baking soda.VegetarianFoodPlan. Bake for 10. maybe 11 minutes . Pour the flour mixture over the peanut butter mixture and stir until barely combined . and vanilla. Now drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Stir until combined. It's a loose batter. Let cool five minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.but don't over bake or they will be dry.3 dozen cookies. www.still a bit dusty looking.Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies. 6. olive oil. just a stroke or two. In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Preheat oven to 350F degrees. or unbleached all-purpose flour 1 tsp. fine grain sea salt 1 cup Organic Creamy Peanut Butter 1 cup maple syrup 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda 3/4 tsp. Let sit for five minutes. so if you're set on doing criss-crosses.
a slice of apricot or whipped cream. or crumble some graham crackers on top. Ingredients: 1 cup raw cashews 3 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. red seedless grapes. Dark Chocolaty Chocolate Pudding Make a rich and creamy vegan chocolate mousse from tofu! Garnish with fresh strawberries. ©www.7. 2) Pour the pudding into bowls and add your desired toppings. cacao powder 1 Tbsp. agave nectar or to taste 1/2 cup almond milk Add water if need to thin for blending Preparation: 1) Place all the ingredients in a powerful blender and puree until creamy.com 14 . carob powder 3 Tbsp.
2) Grate the carrots. 3) Preheat the oven to 350F. baking powder 1 1/2 tsp. ground cloves 1 tsp. allspice Y2 tsp. Peter Rabbit Carrot Cake Ingredients: 2 cups spelt flour or whole wheat flour 2 tsp. mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl: flour. salt 2 cup grated carrots 1 cup almond milk 1 1/2 cup applesauce 1 cup maple syrup.VegetarianFoodPlan. allspice. baking powder. 6) Transfer to a greased 13x9x2 pan. Mix until "just mixed. 8) Cool on a counter for 30 min and then frost with cream cheese frosting © www. 4) Combine the carrots and the rest of the ingredients except for the walnuts to the flour mixture. baking soda. cinnamon. 7) Bake for 40-50 min at 350F until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. baking soda 2 tsp. Grade B (vegan) or 1 cup honey (Vegetarian) 1/2 cup crushed walnuts (Optional) Preparation: 1) First.8. cloves. I use a food processor instead of grating them by hand." 5) Mix in the walnuts. and salt. ground cinnamon 1/4 cup raisins 1 Y2 tsp.com 15 .
mash the bananas and add orange zest. and salt. almond milk. 9) Allow to cool before cutting and serving. 8) Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. orange zest 1 Tbsp. orange juice 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk (Or apple sauce) 1/2 cup agave nectar 2 cups whole wheat flour 3/4 tsp. 2) Wipe a 9x5-inch loaf pan with oil. © www. combine the flour. Blue Banana Bread Ingredients: 3 large over-ripe bananas 1 tsp. 3) In a large bowl.9. 5) Add blueberries and use a spoon or spatula to ensure they are coated with the flour mixture. baking soda (Non-aluminum) 1/2 tsp. orange juice. salt 1 cup (240 ml) blueberries Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350F. about 40-45 minutes. and agave nectar. baking powder 3/4 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. 7) Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan. 4) In a separate bowl.com 16 . 6) Add the banana mixture and gently mix until just combined. baking powder. Stir well to combine. soda.
4) In a mixing bowl. Stir to blend together. oil + 1 Tbsp of Almond Milk 1/3 . 3) Sift the salt. 9) Flatten to about 3/4 and keep it thick. 2) Prepare a cookie sheet either with non-stick spray or a parchment paper. baking soda into the flour and oatmeal in a bowl. 5) Add in applesauce and egg substitute and beat well. of baking soda 1/4 cup pecans. olive oil or 1 Tbsp.com 17 . This dough will be very slightly sticky. beat olive oil (and/or milk) together with the vegan sugar. remove from cookie tray and cool on a rack. www.1/2 cup of sugar 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce 3/4 tsp. of vanilla essence 1/4 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350F. 7) At this point. of salt (Optional) 1/2 tsp. Super Yummy Low-Fat Whole Wheat Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Ingredients: 1/4 tsp. 11) When it’s done. raisins and nuts and mix well into the dough. 6) Add in the flour mixture and beat on medium until a semi-stiff dough forms. chopped 2 Tbsp. cinnamon. 8) Drop by tablespoonful about 3 to a row. arrowroot flour (As substitute for 1 egg) 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour 3/4 cup of dry oats 2 Tbsp. add the vanilla essence. 10) Bake in the center of oven for about 10-12 minutes.10. cloves 1/2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. 12) Eat when nice a warm and chewy. of ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 tsp.
very ripe banana Pinch of salt 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1/8 cup sultanas or raisins 1/2 Tbsp. tahini Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Pre-heat oven to 350°. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Use a hand blender to blend the oats into a powder/flour. Don’t over cook. Add all the other ingredients and mix well. your better off slightly undercooking them and having a slightly soft middle. You may need to adjust wet/dry ingredients to achieve the correct texture.com 18 . Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with foil and lightly oil the bottom. Mash the banana in a large mixing bowl.11. Low-fat Wheat-free Carob Brownies Ingredients: 1/3 cup brown rice flour 2/3 cup porridge oats 4 Tbsp. Leave to cool and enjoy! 5) 6) 7) 8) ©www. vanilla essence 1/2 cup carob powder 1 large. The mixture should be sticky but not too wet.VegetarianFoodPlan. pure maple syrup Egg replacer equivalent of 2 eggs 1/2 tsp.
and process until only slightly chunky.raspberries. Hold back a little coconut for coating the macaroons. Roll into balls and lightly roll in shredded coconut. Raw Carob pudding Ingredients: 2 medium ripe avocados 1 Y2 cup dates or 1 cup maple syrup If using dates add a little orange juice when blending 1/2 cup raw carob powder Toppings. sweetener (dates or maple syrup) and carob in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. ©www. 13. Place all ingredients in a food processor. almond butter 2 Tbsp. Raw Banana Macaroons Ingredients: 1 cup medjool dates 1 banana 1/2 cup coconut. pecans.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 19 . sliced strawberries Preparation: 1) Process avocado.12. agave nectar Pinch of salt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Remove the pits from dates. shredded (Unsweetened) Y2 cup quick oats 1 Tbsp.
salt 1 Y2 Tbsp. mint.com 20 . © www. raw coconut oil (It's best if it's very soft. add cacao nibs and blend just until nibs are well distributed.14. cacao nibs Preparation: 1) Place dates in food processor and mix until smooth. salt and coconut oil and mix it all up. add a few more raisins and a tablespoon of water. remove from food processor by tablespoon-sized blobs and flatten into cookie-ish rounds. but not liquid) 2 Tbsp. Speedy Raw Cookies Ingredients: 3/4 cup raw walnuts. Makes approximately 15 cookies. 4) Refrigerate before eating.VegetarianFoodPlan. shredded 12 dates (Medjool are best) Y2-3/4 tsp. 2) Add walnuts. 2) If you can't get the mixture to hold together. Raw "Chocolate Mint" Cookies Ingredients: 2 Y2 cups raw walnuts 2-3 fresh mint leaves. cinnamon Y2 tsp. cashews or pecans 1/4 cup raw carob powder 1 cup raisins or dates Preparation: 1) Process all ingredients in a food processor until fine and sticky. again until smooth. cinnamon. 3) Shape into balls and enjoy! 15. Once smooth. 3) After ingredients are mixed.
honey. Blend the almonds and honey until finely chopped.VegetarianFoodPlan. and fresh coconut butter (if using) until smooth. Pour on top of crust and decorate with fresh. blueberries. sliced Preparation: Crust 1) 2) Topping 1) 2) Blend the walnuts. © www. sliced strawberries.16.com 21 . Spoon into a serving dish and pack down well. Raw-Berry Pie Ingredients: For the crust: 2 cups almonds 1/2 cup honey For the topping: 1 cup walnuts 1/4 cup honey 1/3 cup blueberries 2 Tbsp. fresh coconut butter (Optional) For Garnish: fresh strawberries.
com 22 . cinnamon Water Preparation: 1) Blend all the ingredients until smooth. pitted 1 1/2 cup shredded. salt 1 tsp." coconut.VegetarianFoodPlan. chopped Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) In food processor. Sort of "knead" in the chopped pecans until they're well distributed. Raw Pecan Pie Tart Ingredients: 2 cups pecans. made into a smooth "pecan butter" (Your food processor can do this) 30 medjool dates. Remove from food processor and place the mixture in a medium-sized bowl or onto the counter. ©www. Press the pecan mix into a 9x9 or 8x8 inch glass pan. salt. dried coconut 1/2 tsp. 18. Store covered in the fridge until ready to eat. Add the "pecan butter. and cinnamon. process dates until smooth (or as close to smooth as you can get). Raw Chocolate Pudding Ingredients: Meat of 2 coconuts or coconut butter 10 cashews 6 dates 4 Tbsp. cinnamon 1/2 cup pecans. raw cacao powder 1/4 tsp. Process until everything is well mixed.17.
com 23 . raisins. sea salt. Papaya Banana Pudding Ingredients: 1 cup papaya chunks (About Y2 a Hawaiian papaya. ©www. raw tahini Preparation: 1) Blend all ingredients until smooth and it’s ready to eat! 20. and apples in a food processor until they are finely chopped.VegetarianFoodPlan. orange peel. use a spatula to spread cookie mixture onto a dehydrator tray OR shape into balls and eat as is. 2) When all ingredients are finely processed. soaked overnight 2 cups raisins Y2 cup orange peel 2 medium oranges. cored Preparation: 1) Blend the almonds. whole and peeled 2 apples. oranges. Orange Almond Cookies Ingredients: 4 cups raw almonds. peeled and seeded) 1 banana 1-2 tsp.19.
VegetarianFoodPlan. green onions 1/4 cup cilantro Y2 cup tomatoes. cilantro. sunflower seeds. 2. The leaf will give the dish more crunch and texture.com 24 .BREAKFAST RECIPES 1. and green onions. Raw Scramble Ingredients: 1 cup almonds (Soaked overnight in water) 1/2 cup sunflower seeds 1/4 salt Y2 cup of water 2 Tbsp. Oatmeal Ingredients: 3 cups water 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal 1/2 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Bring water to a boil and add oatmeal. cumin Lettuce leaf – Romaine/Collard Green Preparation: 1) In a food processor combine and blend almonds. 2) Pour into bowl and fold in chopped tomatoes. chopped Dash of cayenne 1/4 tsp. This keeps the fiber structure intact and helps the digestive system.do not heat oats. ©www. 3) Optional. Remove from heat and let cool. salt and water. 2) Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until oats have reach your desired texture. 4) Place in water the night before and then prepare yoru breakfast the following morning as if they are cooked. * You can eat by itself or in a lettuce leaf.
or until ingredients are slightly mixed but still chunky. turn it no higher than 105 degrees so not to destroy the vitamins.3. ©www. 5) Continue to add sweetener to taste. you can add more agave.com 25 . Stevia or honey. of alcohol free vanilla 1 tsp. 2) Add raisins. of agave nectar Dash stevia 1/2 cup of raspberries (Fresh or frozen) Preparation: 1) Measure soaked sunflower seeds and flax seeds and pour into food processor. 3) Process all ingredients except raspberries for 10-15 seconds. 2) You don’t need to smooth it out. To dry granola: 1) Take the chunky mixture and drop it on dehydrator trays. minerals. alcohol free vanilla. and essential fiber. 3) If your dehydrator has a heating gauge. just place it on the tray in small chunky pieces. 4) Add raspberries. cinnamon. of cinnamon 2/3 cup shredded coconut (Unsweetened) 1 tsp. 4) If you don’t have a dehydrator.VegetarianFoodPlan. agave nectar and Stevia. of salt 2 Tbsp. salt. and blend once more about 10-15 seconds. Good For You Granola Ingredients: 4 cups of soaked sunflower seeds 1 cup of soaked flax seeds 2/3 cups of raisins 1 tsp. place in the oven on the lowest temperature possible and leave the oven open a crack or on the lowest setting until dry or about 24 hours. If you would like it sweeter.
agave nectar. agave nectar 32 oz. chopped sesame seeds 1 oz. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Cover and blend on high until rice is pulverized. Store in an air-tight container. water 1 tsp.4. rolled rye Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) Combine all ingredients in a large wide bowl. Shake well before using. chopped walnuts 5 oz. Fold in ingredients with a large spoon to mix. rolled wheat 8 oz. Eat with fresh fruit and non-dairy milk. vanilla Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a blender place rice.com 26 . 5.VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. raisins 8 oz. Refrigerate if you have the space. chopped dried apples 1/2 cup shredded coconut 5 oz. Muesli Recipe Ingredients: 1 oz. rolled oats 8 oz. vanilla and water. Rice Milk Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup cooked brown rice 1 oz.
4) Shake well before using.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) Cover and blend on high until cashews are pulverized and there are not chunks of cashew.6. ©www. agave nectar. vanilla and water in high powered blender. * 1 serving is approximately 1 cup. only creamy.com 27 . water 1 tsp. agave nectar 32 oz. vanilla Dash of salt to bring out the flavors Preparation: 1) Place cashews. 3) Cashew milk will last about 5 days covered in the refrigerator. Cashew Milk Recipe Ingredients: 1/2 cup raw cashew pieces 3 Tbsp.
7. Sweet Tofu Rice Pudding Ingredients: 1 cup organic brown rice, short or long 1 1/2 cups water 1 Tbsp. coconut oil 1 tsp. salt 1 cup chopped fresh/ frozen blueberries 1 1/2 cup So Delicious Coconut yogurt 1/4 cup agave nectar 1 cup tofu, firm, cut into cubes 3 Tbsp. pecans 1 tsp. cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Place rice, coconut oil, slat and water in pan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer rice for 30 minutes, or until rice is soft. Make sure the rice does not dry out and burn. Fold in the tofu with 1/3 cup of coconut yogurt and cover lid. Allow to cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, cashews and agave or maple syrup. Cover with lid and allow to sit for ten minutes. Serve warm in bowl and top with fresh blueberries or fruit of your choice.
8. Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Ingredients: 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly, uncooked 1-1/2 cups unsweetened Almond milk 2 Tbsp. raisins 1 apple, cored and chopped 1 tsp. ground cinnamon 1-2 tsp. lemon juice 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) To thoroughly rinse quinoa, cover it with water in a mixing bowl, then rub it between the palms of your hands. Pour off the cloudy liquid through a strainer and then repeat the process two or three more times, until the rinse liquid remains clear. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the rinsed and drained quinoa with almond milk. Bring to a slow simmer, then cover and cook for about 15 minutes until the quinoa is tender. In the blender place apple, raisins, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and lemon juice and puree. Put it in pot with quinoa and let it simmer for 5-15 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
2) 3) 4) 5) 6)
Makes about 3 cups.
9. Quickie Breakfast Ingredients: 2 to 3 medium dried figs 1/4 cup raisins 1 medium apple 1 cup quick rolled oats 3 cups vanilla almond milk 1/4 tsp. cinnamon Dash of nutmeg Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a food processor, chop the apricot halves, figs, and raisins. Cut and core the apple and then add it to the dried fruit in the food processor. Chop fine. Transfer the fruit mixture to a medium-sized saucepan and add the remaining ingredients. 5) Simmer slowly, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until thickened. Makes 4 servings.
10. Veggie Tofu Scramble Ingredients: 1/2 cup chopped celery 1/2 cup minced onion 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper 1 cup zucchini 1 cup chopped kale 1 1/2 tsp. chilli powder 1 tsp. cumin 16 oz. low-fat tofu, drained and crumbled 1/2 Tbsp. Himalayan salt 1/2 cup vegetable broth 1/4 tsp. pepper Preparation: 1) Heat 1/4 cup of vegetable broth, celery, onion, bell pepper, and zucchini in a skillet over medium-high heat. 2) Cook until softened. Add the remaining vegetable broth, kale, and spices. 3) Cover the pan and cook until the kale is wilted. 4) Add the crumbled tofu. Cook until firm and lightly browned. 5) Add the salt, pepper. 11. Couscous Breakfast Ingredients: 2 cups hot Almond milk 2 cups dry couscous 1/3 cup raisins, soaked in water and drained 1/3 cup dried apricots 6 pecans, raw honey, to taste (Or use agave nectar) Preparation: 1) Bring the almond milk to a boil on the stove. 2) Add the couscous to the hot almond milk and let stand 5 minutes. 3) Stir in raisins, pecans, and honey/agave nectar to taste. * A serving size is 1/3-1/2 cup cooked.
cayenne and pepper. low sodium tamari or nama shoyu sauce. Add the tofu mixture and stir-fry until the tofu is heated through.VegetarianFoodPlan. diced Y2 onion. In a frying pan. black pepper Y2 bell pepper. heat the canola oil and add the Fakin’ Bacon. Add the vegetables and stir-fry until they are tender. ©www. Makes 4 servings. organic) 1 medium tomato 2 Tbsp.12. Cut it into pieces and put it into a small mixing bowl. mash it all up until there are no big chunks. turmeric 2 tsp. Add the nutritional yeast. With a fork.more if preferable 1/8 tsp. firm tofu (Non-gmo. cayenne pepper 1/8 tsp.com 32 . Sauté until the pieces are brown and crispy. diced 1 Tbsp. Hearty Tofu Scramble Ingredients: l lb. Rapeseed oil (or other mild-flavored oil) Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Drain the tofu. nutritional yeast Y2 tsp. tamari/soy sauce. turmeric.
Breakfast Black Eyed Peas Ingredients: 1/2 large red onion. minced garlic 1 can black-eyed peas. 3) Stir occasionally to keep from burning. chopped 1/2 yellow pepper. 5) Warm tortillas and roll up some of the black-eyed peas mixture into each one. saute the onion.13. garlic. diced small 1/4 cup salsa 1/4 cup vegetable broth or 1 Tbsp. drained 2-3 Roma tomatoes. hot pepper (Jalepeno) 1 large green pepper.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) Stir in black-eyed peas and cook on medium heat until vegetables are cooked through. chopped 1/2 tsp. 4) Stir in salsa and simmer for 5 minutes more. nama shoyu and 1/4 cup water 1 package of whole wheat tortillas Preparation: 1) In a nonstick pan. 6) Serve as is or with extra salsa. and peppers in vegetable broth until soft.com 33 . tomatoes. ©www. chopped 1 tsp.
Add crumbled tofu.14. and water. or you can serve it on the top.VegetarianFoodPlan. Enjoy!! Makes 1 serving. South Western Breakfast Burrito Ingredients: 1-2 low carb tortillas 1/3. nama shoyu or tamari (Adds salty flavor) Dash of cayenne. paprika. chopped onion Spaghetti squash salad Salsa Dash of nutritional yeast Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9) 10) Sauté garlic and onions in a little broth. Saute until lightly browned. turmeric 1 clove fresh garlic. ©www. crumbled 1 Tbsp. crushed 3 Tbsp. Add spaghetti squash salad. Warm the tortillas. tamari .1/2 cup firm tofu. cumin. Roll it up like a burrito. Saute until fully incorporated into tofu mixture and warmed thoroughly.com 34 . Sprinkle with nutritional yeast. Spoon the scrambled tofu/squash mixture in a line down the center of the tortilla. and spices. Add salsa.
2) Warm tortillas in oven using a very low temperature so that the tortillas warm all the way through and are still soft (not until they dry out and become crunchy). diced 3 Tbsp. 3) Take the warmed tortillas and place each one flat on a separate plate. vegan cheese 4 Tbsp. onions.15. spreading out the beans to cover the whole tortilla. Makes 2 servings. ©www.com 35 . tomatoes.VegetarianFoodPlan. 5) Top the beans with salsa that you've either warmed upon the stove top. diced Preparation: 1) Warm the beans and separately scramble the egg whites or tofu mix in a non stick pan. can of black beans 2 fat free/low fat flour tortillas 1 cup of salsa Diced green chillies 2 Tbsp. 6) Top the salsa with the scrambled egg whites or scrambled tofu. 4) Cover each tortilla with the black beans. or top the beans with the salsa and place the plates in a microwave oven and heat for 1 to 2 minutes on high. Huevos Rancheros Ingredients: 6 egg whites OR enough scrambled tofu mix to serve two 1 15oz.
Or make one serving by boiling 1/4 cup of cereal. 3) You can store leftovers in the refrigerator.com 36 . ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. 4) Warm up when you want. and raisins and almond milk. measure 2 cups of cereal to 5 cups of water.16. cinnamon. 2) When ready to cook. 5) Add chopped apple. nutmeg. bringing it to boil. Multi Grain Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2 cup whole wheat berries 1/2 cup whole rye berries 1/2 cup oat groats or rolled oat 1/2 cup whole triticale 1/2 cup whole barley 1/2 cup buckwheat groats 1/3 cup sesame seeds 1/3 cup flaxseed Preparation: 1) Combine all ingredients dry and store until you decide to prepare breakfast.
5) Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes. the soy milk and 3 cups water and bring to a simmer on the stove. 4) Reduce to a bare simmer and stir occasionally for 10 minutes or so. cover and let set overnight. ©www. raisins 1/3 cup date pieces Dash or three of cinnamon 3 cups water 1 cup unsweetened Almond milk Molasses or Stevia to taste Preparation: 1) The night before. put grains and cinnamon in a large bowl or pot. 2) In the AM.com 37 . strain water off grains.17. 6) This is also really good with dried apricots or with fresh chopped apples. 3) Add the dried fruit.VegetarianFoodPlan. add water 1 inch above grains. Makes 3-4 servings. Winter Grain Cereal Ingredients: 2/3 cups steel cut oats 1/3 cup pearl barley 2 Tbsp.
vanilla Dash of salt 2 tsp. jam or jelly. Be sure to add more soy milk or water to keep the batter from getting too thick as it sits. Reduce the heat as you do subsequent batches. Try to use a cover to steam the pancakes as much as fry them. Tofu-Breakfast Pancakes Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat flour 1 package silken Mori-Nu low fat tofu (1 gm/3 oz) 1 large apple 1 tsp. Fry in a non-stick pan sprayed with Pam. Serve with fat free maple syrup.VegetarianFoodPlan. as it reduces the amount of Pam you need to fry them. or they will tend to stick. fat substitute (Sunsweet Lighter Bake) 1 to 2 cups Almond milk 1 cup blueberries Powdered cinnamon for topping while cooking Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Just put all the ingredients in a food processor.com 38 . ©www.18. except for the Cinnamon and blueberries.
©www.19. nut. or yeast. Makes 1 large serving OR 2 small servings. Quinoa Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2 cup water 1/4 cup quinoa 1/4 cup steel cut oats 1/4 cup peaches Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg Dash of Himalayan salt 1 Tbsp. Add the oats and fruit and simmer for another 15 minutes. cinnamon. Boil and then simmer the quinoa in water and mollasses for ten minutes.com 39 . blackstrap molasses or raw honey Currants or raisins to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Rinse the grains. Variations – try adding vanilla.VegetarianFoodPlan.
7) Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Makes 12-16 bars. combine grapeseed oil. combine almond flour. ©www. Stir dry ingredients into wet. In a large bowl. agave and vanilla. pumpkin seeds. almond slivers and raisins.20. salt and baking soda. sunflower seeds. Grease an 8x8 baking dish with grapeseed oil. Press the dough into the baking dish. vanilla extract 1/2 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds 1/2 cup sunflower seed 1/4 cup slivered almond 1/4 cup raisins Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) In a small bowl. 8) Serve.com 40 . Mix in coconut. wetting your hands with water to help pat the dough down evenly. Tropical Breakfast Bars Ingredients: 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 cup Grapeseed oil 1/4 cup agave nectar 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan.
3) Place all vegetables in bowel and toss with salad dressing. cut into 1/4 “ slices in a diagonal 1 large hothouse cucumber. raw Dressing: 2 Tbsp. 2) Add a little water or more vinegar if necessary to thin. vinegar Salt and pepper Dash of honey to balance out the flavour Preparation: 1) Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.LUNCH RECIPES 1. cut into 1/4 “ slices 1 medium red bell pepper.com 41 . julienned 1 medium yellow squash or zucchini. cut into 1/4 “ slices 2 medium Belgian endive. flat-leaf parsley 1 Tbsp. cut into 1/4 “ slices 1 medium orange bell pepper. fresh tarragon. Rainbow Salad Ingredients: 1 medium red onion 1 medium green bell pepper.VegetarianFoodPlan. julienned 1 medium jicama. ©www. chopped optional 3 Tbsp. julienned 1/3 cup sunflower seeds. flaxseed oil 2 large ripe avocados 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt 1 medium shallot 2 Tbsp.
Set aside to cool. 4) 5) 6) 7) ©www. ginger.com 42 . and thinly slice the Granny Smith apple. Ingredients: 1 pound firm tofu 4 Tbsp. Tofu Apple Spring Rolls The Wonders of Rice Paper: Rice paper wrappers are a fantastic alternative to bread for the gluten-intolerant. cover the rolls with a damp paper towel and some plastic wrap to keep them from drying out. soy sauce. Peel. Preheat the oven to 375°F.VegetarianFoodPlan. Place the slices in an 8×8-inch baking dish and pour the marinade over the top. Stir in the garlic. Press the tofu for 30 minutes. then turn the slices over and let sit for another 30 minutes. or until softened. minced 1 Tbsp. core. Arrange a slice of tofu along with some apple slices. canola oil 2 garlic cloves. sliced 9 large leaf or butterhead lettuce leaves. If packing for later. some Napa cabbage.2. Put another plate on top and weigh it down with something heavy. Let the tofu sit for 30 minutes. the mirin. then turn the tofu block on its side and cut into thirds again. Dip one of the wrappers in a wide bowl filled with warm water for 15 seconds. washed and patted dry Add grated lime for zest Preparation: 1) 2) 3) Wrap the tofu in a kitchen towel and set it on a plate. folding in the sides along the way. Roll up the rice paper to form a tight bundle. freshly squeezed orange juice 1 Tbsp. soy sauce 1 Tbsp. Transfer to a dry work surface and pat dry. and scallions in a mound just below the center of the wrapper. 2 sprigs of cilantro. and canola oil. Make a marinade by whisking together 3 tablespoons of the orange juice. Toss the apple slices with the remaining tablespoon of orange juice to keep them from browning. making nine equal slices. Look for them in packages at Asian markets. Cut the tofu into three slices lengthwise. minced ginger A pinch of cayenne 1 Granny Smith apple 9 (8-inch diameter) dried rice paper wrappers 18 fresh cilantro stems 1 cup finely shredded Napa cabbage 1 bunch scallions. Serve or pack each roll wrapped in a lettuce leaf (this will keep the spring roll from sticking to the plate). until it is golden brown and the marinade is absorbed. and cayenne. Bake the tofu and marinade for 40 minutes. mirin (Sweet Japanese cooking wine) 1 Tbsp.
chopped 1 large garlic clove. about 10 minutes. ©www. Place in oven and roast the tomatoes for 50 minutes.VegetarianFoodPlan. Simmer for 15 minutes. cut in half lengthwise (About 35) 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. and 1 cup water (you may need to add an extra cup if the tomatoes are on the dry side).3. they should fill the pan completely. 5) Serve piping hot.com 43 . sea salt 1/2 a medium onion. thyme. dried thyme Preparation: 1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. Carefully pour in all the tomatoes and their juices. Remove pan from the oven and set aside. extra virgin olive oil 1 Tbsp. pouring finished soup into a clean saucepan or soup tureen (you may wish to strain the soup as you do this to remove any remaining skin or seeds. bag) 1/2 tsp. with crackers or chunks of store-bought artisan-style bread. 2) Arrange the cut tomatoes on a large (10×16-inch) baking sheet. red pepper flakes (Optional) 2 cups fresh whole basil leaves (one 2 oz. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Toss with your hands until the tomatoes are evenly coated with oil. 3) Warm the rest of the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. minced 1 tsp. Add garlic and pepper flakes and sauté for one more minute. Roasted Tomato Basil Soup Ingredients: 6–6 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes. depending on the strength of your blender). Drizzle the tomatoes with 1/4 cup olive oil and sprinkle with salt. 4) Blend the soup in batches in the blender. then arrange them cut side up. Add the basil. Add the onion and sauté until soft and slightly golden.
stir in the salt and pepper to taste and serve hot. sea salt (Or to taste) Freshly ground black pepper Preparation: 1) Combine the black beans. finely chopped 1/2 a green or red bell pepper. 2) Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. paprika. dried sage 1 tsp. dried oregano A pinch of cayenne 1/2 cup uncooked lentils (Black. add the onion and bell pepper and sauté until the onion is translucent and soft. Let the beans soak for several hours or overnight. minced 1 tsp. pinto beans. oregano. thyme.5 to 3 quarts) slow cooker. TVP. Drain the dry beans and add them to the slow cooker along with the lentils. for another 2 minutes. extra virgin olive oil 1 onion. Add 5 cups of boiling water and stir until everything is combined and there are no lumps of tomato paste. Chili Con "Carne" Ingredients: 1/2 cup dried black beans 1/2 cup dried pinto beans 1/2 cup dried navy beans 1 Tbsp. beef-style texturized vegan protein (TVP) 1 (6-ounce) can salt-free tomato paste 1 tsp. or until the garlic is soft and the spices are fragrant. and tomato paste. brown. paprika 1/2 tsp. 4) Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 8 hours. chopped 1 garlic clove. and cayenne and sauté. 3) Scrape the onion and spice mixture into the insert of a medium-size (2. 5) When the chili is done.com 44 . give the chilli a stir or two during the day to ensure even cooking. and navy beans in a mixing bowl. ground cumin 1 1/2 tsp. ©www. or crimson are all fine here. sage.VegetarianFoodPlan. If you are around. about 5 minutes. stirring constantly. just not red) 1 cup dried. until the beans are tender. cumin. Rinse and drain the beans. then cover with a generous amount of water. Add the garlic. When the oil is hot. dried thyme 1/2 tsp.4.
©www. 3) In a large bowl. diced 1/3 cup sliced black olives 2 Tbsp. toss together the pasta. 2) Lightly steam the broccoli. Drain and allow to cool. drained and chopped 1 purple onion. until just tender.5. diced 1 -2 tomatoes. chopped fresh basil 1 cup fat-free vegan Italian salad dressing Sea salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) Cook the pasta according to package directions in salted water. Toss again before serving. chopped small 1 12 ounce can water-packed artichoke hearts.VegetarianFoodPlan. broccoli and remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. can green beans. diced 1 red or yellow bell pepper. 4) Allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least one hour before serving.com 45 . Italian Pasta Salad Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups bowtie or corkscrew pasta 1 cup broccoli. diced 1 12 oz.
chopped Preparation: 1) In a large saucepan. Simmer. potatoes and celery. Simmer. garlic powder 1 tsp.com 46 . covered. uncovered. ©www. Reheat before serving. for an additional 45 minutes. green split peas. combine the split peas. or until the soup reaches desired thickness. 3) Puree in a blender or food processor. curry powder 1/2 tsp. onion and spices. dried oregano 1 tsp. Remove bay leaf. 2) Stir in the carrots. chopped 1 tsp. stirring occasionally.VegetarianFoodPlan. water. dried 10 cups water 1 onion. Curried Split Pea and Potato Soup Ingredients: 16 oz. salt 1 bay leaf 2 large carrots. for 1 hour.6. chopped 3 medium potatoes. chopped 2 stalks celery. pepper 1/2 tsp.
The resulting savory treat is wonderful as a sandwich spread. onion granules 1/4 tsp. or as a side salad.VegetarianFoodPlan. sea salt 1 Y2 tsp. turmeric 4 tsp. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. mash tofu with a fork or potato masher (alternatively.6. finely chopped 1 tsp. finely shredded 3 Tbsp. to taste Add dill to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) In a large bowl. served on crackers. chopped fresh parsley 2 stalks celery.com 47 . firm Y2 cup eggless mayonnaise (Nasoya Nayonnaise is my favorite!) 2 red bell peppers. chopped finely 4 scallions (White and green parts). pickle relish 1 Y2 Tbsp. you may wish to finely cube the tofu). prepared mustard 1 Y2 tsp. Raw Eggless Egg Salad Ingredients: 1 Y2 pounds tofu. garlic powder Black pepper. ©www. chopped finely 1 small carrot.
6) Serve in shallow bowls. 2) Add the bell peppers. coarsely chopped 2-3 cloves garlic. and bring to a boil. oregano. and stir in the cilantro or parsley. chili powder 3 medium tomatoes. and cumin. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 yellow onion. chili powder. drained and rinsed 1 can black beans. 4) Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. stirring. thawed) Salt and freshly ground pepper. the canned corn. garlic. Tres Bean Chilli Ingredients: 1 orange bell pepper. drained (Or 1-1/2 cups frozen corn. cayenne pepper 1 tsp. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 yellow bell pepper. adding water or tomato juice as needed if too much liquid evaporates. ground coriander 1 tsp. finely chopped 3-4 Tbsp.com 48 . Add a little water as needed. coriander. This is to replace the oil that is often used for sautéing.8. for 5 minutes. 5) Season with salt and black pepper. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 red bell pepper. onion. dried oregano 2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. ground cumin 1 tsp. 3) Stir in the tomatoes. drained and rinsed 1 can corn. water for sautéing 1/4 tsp. and cook. cayenne. ©www. drained and rinsed 1 can pinto beans. and all the beans. to taste Water or tomato juice as needed 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves or fresh parsley (Optional) Squeeze lime juice to taste (Optional) Preparation: 1) Heat up the few tablespoons of water in a heavy 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. peeled and chopped (Or one 16-ounce can diced tomatoes) 1 can kidney beans.
rinsed and drained. cooked pinto beans 4 oz. 2) Add chili powder. sea salt 1/4 tsp. Process until almost smooth.VegetarianFoodPlan. cans. 3) Add water if needed.com 49 . weigh pumpkin seeds.9. and green chilies. diced green chillies 1 tsp. * You can use pine nuts instead of pumpkin seeds. 4) Serve with raw veggies or baked tortilla chips. or flax crackers. Transfer them to a food processor. chili powder 1/4 tsp. pinto beans. ©www. raw pumpkin seeds 16 oz. * If you want to use canned beans. salt. and liquid smoke flavor. liquid smoke flavouring Preparation: 1) In a medium-small wide bowl. Mexican Bean Spread Ingredients: 1/2 oz. you will need 2 15 oz. or omit both.
©www.com 50 . Raw Vegan Ceviche Ingredients: 1 cup corn (Do not cut it up. each salt. 2) Put all chopped veggies in a large bowl and add: 1/2 tsp. 3) Add juice of one large pink grapefruit. cumin and paprika. black pepper. 4) Stir well keep covered in the fridge 4-6 hours or more. just put it in the bowl) 1 cup butternut squash 1 cup cauliflower 1/2 of a red bell pepper with seeds removed 2 Roma tomatoes 1 Carrot 1 Plum 2 Celery stalks 1 Onion 3 Garlic cloves 1 Larger grapefruit Preparation : 1) Cut each vegetable or fruit.10. by hand or with the food processor. in to very small pieces. The pieces should be about the size of a corn kernel.VegetarianFoodPlan.
chopped about a cup 1/2 cup celery leaf (Or parsley/cilantro) 1 Roma tomato 1/2 cup olives 1 Tbsp. ©www.com 51 . curry A squeeze of lemon Preparation: 1) Place all ingredients in food processor until it turns into a paste. 3) Dehydrate at 145F. Raw Vegan Falafel Ingredients: 1 cup sunflower seeds 1 Tbsp. 2) Mix well and form 1/4 cup balls. salt 1 Tbsp.11. dry dill 1 tsp. Makes about 15 balls.VegetarianFoodPlan. cumin 1 tsp. nutritional yeast (Optional) 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds 1/2 cup corn kernels (Fresh/frozen) 1 large clove of garlic 1 small onion. gently turning every two hours or so until they start to get crispy on the outside.
Add some hemp seeds. chopped ginger 1/4 cup green onions sliced 1/2Tbsp. lemon juice.redchilli1Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. mix the almond butter dressing with the cabbage. and soy sauce. basil. red chili. and a few leafs of cilantro and. Cut the Mango lenthwise into strips. Do this for all the other spinach leafs until the ingredients are gone.com 52 . The best and easiest way is to do this with you hands or a large wooden spoon. about 1/4 inch (1 cm) thick. shredded 6 large collard green leaves or for a more mild flavor. puree the honey. Raw Lettuce Wraps Ingredients: 1/2 cup hemp seed 1/2 cup lemon juice 1 1/2 Tbsp. a few pieces of mango. Add the almond butter and blend at low speed to combine. romaine leaves 1 carrot 1 ripe mango 1 handful cilantro leaves 1 handful torn basil leaves Himalayan sea salt Preparation: 1) 2) Cut the carrot into matchstick-size pieces. 3) 4) 5) ©www.nam ashoyusauce 1 cup raw almond butter 1/2 head Savoy cabbage. you might need to stick a cocktail stick in it to hold. Roll it up and the spinach leaf.12. In a blender. You should get a rather thick consistency. Then you put some of the cabbage mix on the leaf. a few sticks of carrot. Place the collard leaf on a cutting board with the underside facing up. ginger. (You may add water if it needs to be thinner) In a bowl.
spices. Simmer for 5 minutes. crushed red pepper 1 tsp. cumin seed Salt to taste 1/2 tsp. and carrots into a pot. onion. coriander 2 Tbsp. 2) Add beans. chopped 1-1/2 cups frozen peas/carrots/corn (Any or all) 1 tsp. miso paste. Simple Carrot-Bean Soup Ingredients: 3 cups water 1 Tbsp. 3) Simmer for 10 minutes. frozen veggies. olive oil Preparation: 1) Put water. ©www. navy beans 1/2 large onion 4 medium carrots. garam masala 1/2 tsp. garlic powder 1 tsp.13. unpasteurized miso paste 1 can or 15 oz.com 53 . and oil. fenugreek powder 1/4 tsp. tarragon leaf 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan.
deseeded and diced 1 cup red bell pepper. sea salt 1 tsp. ground cumin 1 tsp. Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew Ingredients: 2 cups onion. ground black pepper 3 cups sweet potato. chickpeas. deseeded and diced 1 Tbsp.14. ground coriander Dash of cinnamon 3 tsp. minced in garlic press 2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. garlic. diced 2 cups zucchini. curry powder 2 tsp. ©www. diced 1 cup green bell pepper. olive oil 2 Tbsp.com 54 . quartered lengthwise and sliced 1 can or 15 oz. rinsed and drained 1 1/2 cups tomatoes diced 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water Lemon juice to taste Preparation: 1) Sauté all ingredients in skillet for 10-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Shape into six patties.15. spread over cut sides of buns. Serve patties on buns with lettuce and tomato or wrap in lettuce leaf and reserved onion mixture. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until firm. Add the eggs. rinsed and drained 1/3 cup chopped walnuts 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs 2 eggs 1 tsp. Combine mayonnaise and mustard. walnuts.VegetarianFoodPlan. In a food processor. cover and pulse until blended. curry powder Tomato sliced 1/2 tsp. each) chickpeas or garbanzo beans. ©www. thinly sliced 1/4 cup fat-free red wine vinaigrette 2 cans (15 oz.com 55 . combine the chickpeas. wheat germ and parsley. cover and process until smooth. Dijon mustard 6 sesame seed hamburger buns. set aside. curry and pepper. Makes 6 servings. pepper 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise 2 tsp. Chickpea Burgers Ingredients: 1 large red onion. combine onion and vinaigrette. split or whole romaine lettuce leaves 6 lettuce leaves Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) In a small bowl.
6) E n j o y ! ©www. all spice. and pepper among the halves and use a fork to fluff and incorporate mixture into squash. 3) Remove from the oven. 5) Divide the juice.VegetarianFoodPlan. or delicate squash 1/3 cup pineapple juice 1 Tbsp. reserve them to roast if you’d like. butternut. extra virgin olive oil 1/4 tsp. oil. Acorn Squash with Pineapple Ingredients: 2 medium acorn. 2) Place the whole squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil and roast for 40-45 minutes. or until tender. allow to cool for 10 minutes. salt.16. then cut in half horizontally.com 56 . all spice Dash of cinnamon (Optional) Salt and pepper Preparation: 1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 4) Scoop out the seeds.
com 57 . Fold in half. Black Bean Fajitas Ingredients: 1/2 cup each julienned sweet yellow pepper and red pepper 1 cup red onions julienned 1 can (15 oz. seeded and chopped 1/2 cup salsa 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or vegan cheese 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Saute yellow and red pepper in a pan. Spoon 1/2 cupful down the center of each tortilla. salsa. ©www. rinsed and drained 4 low carb tortillas (6 inches).) black beans. Add beans.VegetarianFoodPlan. cheese and sour cream. warmed or lettuce leaf for wrap 1 medium tomato. cover and cook 1 minute longer or until heated through.17. Makes 4 servings. top with tomato.
com 58 . lemon juice 1 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan.18. cold pressed olive oil Preparation: 1) Blend all ingredients until smooth. peeled 1/4 cup water 1 avocado 1 clove garlic 1 cup tomato 1 Tbsp. unpasteurized barley miso Y2 tsp. salt Y2 tsp. ©www. Raw Creamed Spinach Soup Ingredients: Y2 head spinach leaves Y2 cucumber. freshly cracked pepper Dash chili powder 1 Tbsp.
Add chiles. Add washed lentils and cover mixture with water. tomatoes and coriander. cumin. Kick-it-up Spicy Curry Lentils Ingredients: 12 oz. turmeric 1 tsp. red lentils (dry) 1 tsp. garam masala 1/2 tsp.19. Add garlic. cumin powder 1/2 tsp. spinach. Makes 4 servings. Add salt just before serving. salt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) Heat oil in skillet. diced 1 tsp. and turmeric and sauté until the onion is transparent. ginger root. onion. diced and crushed 2 cloves garlic. Simmer over low heat for about 25 minutes. ©www. and cayenne. minced 1 medium onion. Add ginger root. fresh coriander 1 tsp. cored and diced 2 cups of spinach 1 cup tomatoes.com 59 .VegetarianFoodPlan. chopped 2 Tbsp. seeded. cayenne pepper 3 Anaheim chiles roasted. masala.
20. kelp flakes (Gives it a fishy flavor) Vegan mayonaise Salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) Mash the garbanzo beans. finely minced 1-2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. Mock Tuna Salad Ingredients: 1 cup garbanzo beans (Canned or pre-cooked) 1 stalk celery. 2) Add remaining ingredients and mix well.com 60 . chopped 1/2 small onion. 3) Can have as a side dish or on vegetables or salad.
2) Dice the onion. 5) Stir and serve chilled. salt and pepper in a large bowl. agave nectar or honey 1/2 tsp. rough chop the parsley. garbanzo beans.com 61 . zest and juice 2 Tbsp. ©www. dried basil Salt and pepper Preparation: 1) Whisk together the orange zest and juice. balsamic vinegar 1 Tbsp. vinegar.VegetarianFoodPlan. cooked 1 pound green peas.21. diced 1 medium hothouse cucumber 15 oz. roughly chopped 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard 2 Tbsp. 3) Mince the garlic. black beans. * You can use other beans and it will be very tasty. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil 1 medium red onion. cooked 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. Zesty 3 Bean Salad Ingredients: 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. cooked 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. and add to the salad. thawed 1 large orange. oil. and roasted bell peppers and add to the bowel. cucumber. roasted bell peppers 1 clove minced garlic 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley. pinto beans. mustard. 4) Drain and rinse the beans and add along with the peas.
VegetarianFoodPlan. with the split peas quite broken down and mushy. Ingredients: 2 cups green split peas. Cover loosely and cook until peas are tender. 7) Can make creamy by blending in food processor. ©www. Split Pea Soup This wonderful soup is filling. and freezes well. 1 hour or longer. such as stones or residue. 5) The resulting soup should be thick and creamy.com 62 .22. Place all ingredients except salt and pepper in a soup pot. dried parsley 1/4 tsp. 6) Add salt and pepper to taste. diced 2 or 3 garlic cloves. packed with protein. ground mustard 1/4 tsp. A crock pot works very well for making this soup and cook for 6-8 hours. dried basil 1/2 tsp. Makes 4 to 6 servings. black pepper Salt and pepper. Heat should be low-medium. to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Rinse split peas. brimming with fiber. low in calories and fat. and serve hot. dry uncooked 6 to 7 cups water or vegetable stock 1 medium-size yellow onion. pressed or minced 2 carrots. diced 2 celery stalks. Check occasionally to make sure water has not completely evaporated. checking for any impurities. and bring to a simmer. diced 1 tsp. dried marjoram 1 tsp. Make sure there’s enough water.
minced maybe you can use garlic press 1 lime 1 Tbsp. ©www. Add tofu to the pan with soy sauce. Stir in garlic and ginger. and cook for 1 minute. Garlic Ginger Tofu Ingredients: 3 Tbsp. Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle green onion over tofu before serving. and stir to coat. Cover. or to taste 1 lb. Rapeseed oil 4 cloves garlic.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 63 . minced or in garlic press 2 Tbsp. firm tofu Preparation 1) 2) 3) : Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat. soy sauce. and continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes. green onion thinly sliced 1/2” ginger.DINNER RECIPES 1.
tossing gently to coat.2. freshly ground black pepper Garlic cloves. Steamed Green Beans with Tomato-Garlic Vinaigrette Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. slowly add oil. white wine vinegar 1/2 tsp. add to tomato mixture. extra virgin olive oil 1/2 cup seeded chopped tomato 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme 16 oz. salt 1/8 tsp. crushed and minced 1 Tbsp. trimmed Preparation: 1) Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.VegetarianFoodPlan. 3) Steam beans. 2) Stir in tomato and thyme. or 1 pound green beans. covered. ©www. let stand 10 minutes.com 64 . Dijon mustard 1/4 tsp. 4) Cut into 2-inch pieces. whisking to combine.
minced in garlic press 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms. rapeseed oil in pan and add cubed tofu. divided 1 cup whole water chestnuts.VegetarianFoodPlan. nama shoyu and ginger in water and remaining oil for several minutes. sesame oil. green onions 2 tsp. fresh garlic. garlic. nama shoyu 3 Tbsp. fresh ginger. 2) Fry for about 5 minutes or until browned.com 65 . and sesame seeds and sauté 2-4 more minutes. tofu. stems removed 1 cup fresh snow peas 1 cup water Preparation: 1) Heat 1 tsp. 5) Serve with or without rice.3. green beans. drained and sliced 2 Tbsp. 3) Stir fry mushrooms. ©www. green onions. pressed in garlic press 2 tsp. 4) Add chestnuts. Rapeseed oil 2 tsp. Vegetable N’ Braised Tofu Ingredients: 1 pound tofu firm silken style (Organic and non-gmo). cubed 1” 1 tsp.
Grill for 5 minutes and flip with tongs. Preparation: 1) Rehydrate sun dried tomatoes in warm water for 15 min. tamari. chopped basil. balsamic vinegar 2 Tbsp. or sun dried tomatoes in olive oil are ready to go. tomato slices. minced garlic 1 cup vegan mayonnaise 3 Tbsp. ©www. vegan cheese as toppings. whisk together remaining chopped basil and garlic.com 66 . Grill an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Set aside. balsamic vinegar. and tamari. onion slices. cleaned and dried Whole grain buns or rolls Lettuce. and process for 1 minute. olive oil 2 Tbsp. 3) In a small bowl. 5) Serve on toasted bun with fresh vegetables on top and sun dried tomato aioli. and vegan mayonnaise. garlic. of bragg liquid aminos 6 Portobello mushrooms.4. olive oil. 4) Dip each mushroom in marinade and place on hot grill. 2) Food process. nama shoyu.VegetarianFoodPlan. combine sun dried tomatoes and water. Portobello Mushroom Burgers with Sun dried Tomato Aioli Ingredients: 6 sun-dried tomatoes or in olive oil 1/4 cup hot water 2-3 cup chopped fresh basil 2 Tbsp.
©www. onion. minced 1/4 . Mash.com 67 .1/2 tsp. Burrito of Black Beans Ingredients: 1 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. food process. cayenne pepper Black pepper. peeled and cubed Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Strain and rinse black beans. Add apple cider vinegar. apple cider vinegar Spices: 1 clove of garlic. cumin 1 tsp. Add spices. or blend beans and onion into a puree. pinch Toppings: 1 tomato. Remove from heat and cover.5. Use a leaf of lettuce or tortillas to wrap up the bean. black beans 2 Tbsp. cubed 1 avocado. Prepare toppings. diced 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz.
diced 2/3 bell peppers and color. deseeded and diced 2 Tbsp.6. ground cumin 1-2 tsp. diced 1/4 cup radishes.com 68 . 2) To speed up the chopping process. 3) Cover and chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow flavors to blend. fresh lime juice or apple cider vinegar 1 Tbsp. olive oil 1 Tbsp. Garden Patch Gazpacho Ingredients: 2 cups tomato vegetable juice low sodium 1 cup tomatoes. sea salt 1/4 tsp. ground pepper Hot red pepper optional Preparation: 1) Combine all ingredients and stir well. chilli powder Y2 tsp. halved and thinly sliced 1/4 cup green onions. put all vegetables slightly chopped in food processor and pulse until soup has reached desired chunkiness. deseeded and diced 1/3 cup red onions.VegetarianFoodPlan. diced 1/3 celery. garlic. thinly sliced 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 1 jalapeno pepper. minced 1 tsp. diced Y2 cup carrots 1 cup cucumber. ©www.
©www. then top with steamed broccoli and black-bean sauce. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.com 69 . ground cumin 1/4 tsp. 4) Just before you are ready to eat. sundried tomatoes in oil 1/4 cup chopped onion 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. lemon juice 2 Tbsp. 3) While kasha is cooking. or until all the liquid has been absorbed. tahini (Sesame seed butter) 1/2 tsp. chili powder 1/4 tsp. salt 1 1/2 oz. black beans. or until it is bright green and just tender. combine and purée all the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender. Set aside. then slice it into 1/2-inch thick rounds. 2) Place kasha and salt into the water in a large saucepan. cooked and drained 1/2 cup roasted red pepper 2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. Broccoli Smothered in Black Bean Sauce Ingredients: 1 large bunch broccoli 4 cups boiling water 2 cups kasha (Use buckwheat groats for a milder flavor) 1/2 tsp. Peel the stem with a sharp knife. Cut or break the tops into bite-sized florets.7. ground coriander 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Preparation: 1) Cut off broccoli stems. steam broccoli over boiling water for about 5 minutes. 5) Place a small portion of kasha on each serving plate.
Spike. polenta. or pasta. or pasta Preparation: 1) 2) Sauté the vegetables and mix in tofu cubes. cut into 1-inch cubes 1 Tbsp. and top with fresh tomato wedges. Polenta. Use water in pan if you need more liquid to sauté. or other seasoning mix Olive oil Risotto. Spread the cooked vegetables over Risotto. cubed 1/2 pound very firm tofu. Schilling Garlic and Herb. seeded and cut into large pieces 2 cups small mushrooms 2 tomatoes. Zesty Tofu and Vegetables Ingredients: 2 to 3 cups cubed summer squash (Zucchini.8.com 70 . cut into chunks 1 red bell pepper.VegetarianFoodPlan. crookneck. ©www. or scallop) 1 onion.
Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for at least 30 minutes. white northern or pinto beans. black beans. oregano 1 tsp. cooked Preparation (Makes 6 servings): 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. garlic powder 1 tsp.com 71 . Cut the whole tomatoes into small pieces. using a can of diced tomatoes instead of the chopped whole tomatoes does not come out as well. sugar 1/2 tsp. The longer you cook the chili. seasoned (or black) pepper 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. If the onion starts to brown too quickly. stirring often while you do the next few steps. Cook for at least 5 minutes. chopped 1 cup vegetable broth 4 tsp. coarsely chopped 1 cup onion. cooked 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. cooked 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a mild boil.9. and add the green pepper and onion. basil leaf 2 tsp. red kidney beans. and put them (including the juice) into a dish. ©www. For some reason. salt 1/2 tsp. chopped 2 1/2 cups whole tomatoes. 3 Bean Bonanza Chili Ingredients: 2 Tbsp. the more the flavors will blend (up to about an hour).VegetarianFoodPlan. olive oil 1 green pepper. Drain and rinse the beans. but do not let them get brown. ground cumin seed 1 tsp. turn down the heat on the skillet and add a little water to slow things down. chili powder 1 jalapeno (Optional) seeded and chopped 1 tsp. Garnish with fresh chopped onion and shredded cheese if desired. Stir all of the spices into the skillet.
10. cooked and removed from shell 1/4 cup carrots. ©www. 2) Place in tortilla and top with plain yogurt and salsa. raw 1/4 cup fresh/frozen corn Dash of chilli powder Sea salt Topping.plain yogurt and salsa Low carb tortilla Preparation: 1) Heat all ingredients together on the stove.VegetarianFoodPlan. grated 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms 1/4 cup red bell peppers 8 oz. Spaghetti Squash Salad Ingredients: Whole Spaghetti Squash. black beans 1/4 cup green bell peppers 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds.com 72 .
black pepper 1 tsp. Add the water and coconut milk and bring to a gentle boil. 8) Take the pot off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. package frozen spinach Salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Sauté carrots and spices for 3-5 minutes. After 20 minutes of cooking the rice should be looking more or less done. Basmati Spinach Stew Ingredients: 1 Tbsp.com 73 .VegetarianFoodPlan. ground coriander 1 tsp. cook for a while longer. 9) Add salt and pepper to taste. ground mustard 1 tsp. ground ginger 1/2 tsp. peeled and sliced into half rounds 1 10 oz. Canola oil 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin 1/2 tsp. can coconut milk (Don't use the "light" version) 4 cups water 1 cup basmati rice 1 16 oz. Add the basmati rice and tofu and reduce heat to simmer. cayenne pepper 1 14 oz. 7) Add the spinach and cook for another 3-5 minutes to heat it up. Defrost the spinach and squeeze out the extra water.11. package firm tofu 2 carrots. If not. Cook for 10 minutes. ©www.
salt. stir-fry tofu. 6) Serve with rice. sliced almonds. salt 1/4 tsp. nama shoyu. Remove and keep warm. Add squash. cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.) extra-firm tofu. 5) Add asparagus mixture and tofu. halved and sliced 2 green onions. 2) Add asparagus. stir-fry 1 teaspoon ginger in 1 teaspoon oil for 1 minute.VegetarianFoodPlan. Makes 4 servings. divided 3 tsp. ©www. divided 1 cup onions 1 lb. toasted Preparation: 1) In a large nonstick skillet or wok. 4) Stir in vegetable broth and sweetener and add to the pan. Bring to a boil.com 74 . Add onions. fresh asparagus. 3) In the same pan. thinly sliced 1 package (14 oz. drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes 1/4 tsp. canola oil. minced fresh gingerroot. Asparagus N’ Squash Tofu Stir-Fry Ingredients: 1/2 tsp. pepper 2 cups hot cooked brown rice 2 Tbsp.12. heat through. agave nectar or honey 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth 4 tsp. pepper and remaining ginger in remaining oil for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm. stir-fry 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. braggs amino acids 2 tsp. trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces 1 medium yellow summer squash. sprinkle with almonds. stir-fry 2 minutes longer. stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Zesty Grilled Seitan Recipe Ingredients: 1/4 cup white wine 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar Zest and juice from one lime Dash salt and pepper to taste 2 Tbsp. Add to grilled vegetables or on top of a fresh salad. olive oil 1 lb. Marinate the seitan in the mixture for at least 45 minutes.VegetarianFoodPlan. Grill over hot coals. seitan Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Whisk together all ingredients except for the seitan.13.com 75 . ©www. turning once and brushing with extra marinade as desired.
VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. soy sauce Water for cooking the beans Preparation: 1) 2) Soak the beans overnight in 2 cups of water. Reduce to a simmer and simmer until the beans are soft (depending on your beans 45 minutes to an hour). Drain off any remaining water and stir in the tahini and soy sauce. Add 1. Bring to a boil over medium heat.14. Drain off the water and transfer the beans to a saucepan.com 76 . Sesame Adzuki Beans Ingredients: 1/2 cup dry adzuki beans 1/4 cup tahini 1 Tbsp.5 cups water to the beans. 3) Makes 2 -4 servings.
cilantro. 2) Add the other ingredients to the pot and simmer for 30-40 minutes.com 77 .15. Taco Soup Ingredients: 1 large onion. cooked. black beans. undrained 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. chopped 1 package low sodium natural taco seasoning 2 cups whole kernel corn. fat free vegetarian refried beans 1 cup diced tomatoes 1 cup salsa Toppings (Avocado. Makes 15 cups. vegan cheese) Preparation: 1) Saute the onion until soft in a large pot sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. undrained 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. great northern beans. fresh cut of the cob 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz.
Add onion. to taste Preparation: 1) Cut poblano chiles in half lengthwise to create a boat for filling and scrape out seeds. cilantro and cumin. 4) Set up grill for indirect grilling and preheat to medium. red bell pepper. about 30 to 40 minutes. Grilled Stuffed Chili Rellenos or Green Bell Peppers Ingredients: 6 large poblano chiles or red/green bell peppers 2 Tbsp. to taste Freshly ground black pepper.com 78 . coarsely grated Salt. hot sauce and 8 ounces of cheese. 3) Remove pan from heat and stir in baked beans. drained 1-3 tsp.16. 2) Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese or vegan cheese.VegetarianFoodPlan. hot sauce. 5) Cook until chillies are tender and cheese is browned and bubbling. seeded and chopped 1/2 red bell pepper. finely chopped 2 cloves garlic. ©www. vegetarian baked beans. Makes 6 – 8 servings. to taste 12 oz. and cook over medium heat until golden brown for about 4 minutes. Arrange the chillies on the grill away from the heat. ground cumin 3 1/2 cups or 28 oz. olive oil 1 medium onion. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed chiles and sprinkle with remaining cheese. garlic. finely chopped 2 jalapenos. jalapenos. finely chopped 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1 tsp. Add salt and pepper to taste.
In a large bowl. black beans.17. adding the flour a few tablespoons at a time to combine well. Form bean mixture into patties.VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. crumbled 1 tsp. except the oil. Add sauteed onions and the rest of the ingredients. onion powder 1/2 tsp. Black Bean Burgers Ingredients: 1/2 onion. cooked 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 2 slices bread. diced 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. seasoned salt Salt and pepper to taste Oil for frying Whole grain bun or bread Preparation: 1) 2) Sautee the onions till soft. mash the beans until almost smooth. Make veggie burgers and enjoy! 3) Makes 6 servings. about 3-5 minutes. approximately 1/2 inch thick and fry patties in a small amount of oil until slightly firm. garlic powder 1 tsp.com 79 . Mixture will be thick.
©www. bring to a boil. salt 1/8 tsp. sugar. minced 1 Tbsp. sauté the green pepper. Stir in the peas. Toss with pasta. agave nectar 1 tsp. Makes 6 servings. pepper 5 cups hot cooked gluten free penne pasta Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a large skillet. uncovered.com 80 .VegetarianFoodPlan. simmer 10 minutes longer. rinsed and drained 1-3 Tbsp. onion. Add tomatoes. seeded and chopped 3 garlic cloves. Simmer. cider vinegar 1 tsp. minced fresh cilantro 1 tsp. vinegar.18. salt and pepper. Penne Pasta & Beans Ingredients: 3 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes 1 cup chopped red bell pepper 1/2 cup chopped onion 1 jalapeno pepper. cannelloni beans. jalapeno and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. for 10 minutes. cilantro. olive oil 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz.
Reduce heat.) chopped green chilies 1 Tbsp. for 3-5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. chili powder (Or purchase a natural taco seasoning to replace chilli.com 81 . rinsed and drained 1 Y2 cup diced tomatoes Y2 cup (4 oz. tomatoes. ground cumin 1 tsp. Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla. Fold one side of tortilla over filling. saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. simmer. olive oil 4 cups (32 oz. warmed 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or vegan cheddar cheese 1 large ripe avocado. salt. salt 1/4 tsp.19. uncovered. Garnish with avocado and chopped cilantro. Stir in the beans. ©www. Bring to a boil. pepper 8 low carb tortillas (6 inches). dried oregano 1/2 tsp. chilies and seasonings.VegetarianFoodPlan. chopped 2 garlic cloves. oregano. sprinkle with cheese. chopped Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) In a nonstick skillet.) black beans. Makes 8 servings. peeled and sliced Fresh cilantro to top. garlic powder 1/4 tsp. cumin. minced 1 Tbsp. Bean Tacos Ingredients: 1 medium onion. garlic powder) 1 tsp.
cut into 1-inch pieces 4 cups shredded cabbage 4 plum tomatoes.) firm tofu. combine the first 10 ingredients. peanut butter 1 can (14 oz. Remove and keep warm. stir-fry for 2 minutes.com 82 . set aside. bring to a boil. cornstarch 1-1/2 tsp. 4) Stir coconut milk mixture and add to skillet. drained and cubed 2 tsp. 2) In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray. Curried Tofu Stir-Fry Ingredients: 1/4 cup nama shoyu sauce or Braggs Amino Acid 2 Tbsp. stir-fry 2 minutes longer. chopped 3 cups hot cooked brown rice Preparation: 1) In a small bowl. ©www. salt 1/2 tsp. 5) Return tofu to skillet. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are crisp-tender. sesame oil 1 medium sweet yellow pepper.20. minced fresh ginger root 1/2 tsp. Add cabbage and tomatoes. stir-fry yellow pepper for 1 minute. Makes 6 servings.VegetarianFoodPlan. Add mushrooms and onions. stir-fry tofu in oil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. curry powder 1 tsp. julienned 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms 1 tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes 1 package (16 oz. honey or agave 1/2 tsp. 6) Serve with rice. chili powder 1/2 tsp. 3) In the same pan.) light coconut milk 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots 8 green onions.
simmer. sauté green pepper and onion in oil until tender. dried basil 1 tsp. 3) Stir in the pasta sauce. uncovered. minced fresh basil or 2 tsp. chopped 1 small onion.com 83 .VegetarianFoodPlan. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. fennel seed 1/4 tsp. in a large saucepan. Reduce heat. Makes 5 servings. 2) Meanwhile. 5) Top with sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. black beans and seasonings. olive oil 2 cups pasta sauce (no high fructose corn syrup) 1 3/4 cup or(15 oz.) black beans. Bring to a boil. for 5 minutes.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or vegan mozzarella cheese Preparation: 1) Cook fettuccine according to package directions. garlic salt Dash pepper 1/2 cup (4 oz. 4) Drain fettuccine. Spinach Fettuccine with Tomato Basil Bean Sauce Ingredients: 6 oz.21. rinsed and drained 2 Tbsp. uncooked vegan spinach fettuccine 1 small green pepper. chopped 1 Tbsp. ©www.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.