This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
About Kardena Pauza
Hi! My name is Kardena Pauza, and I’m a personal trainer and certified nutrition expert. In 2003 I completely changed my life by adopting a meat-free diet. And since then, I’ve been living the vegetarian lifestyle and loving it. At first I made many common vegetarian eating mistakes, but since then I’ve developed a simple, high-energy diet meal plan that has helped me build the body of my dreams. And I’m here to show you how to do it as well. Once you get started with a meatfree diet (and even dairy-free and egg-free), you’ll be amazed at how much mental and physical energy you can have all day long. You’ll no longer feel sluggish or tired after eating big heavy meals. You won’t fall asleep at your desk. You won’t be a zombie at work or at home when your kids want to play. And best of all, the body fat will just melt right off of you thanks to your new diet. As you can imagine, people have a lot of preconceived notions about a vegetarian diet and think that it will just make them weak, tired, pale, and sickly looking. But that is NOT the case if you eat the right foods. And once you try going completely animal-free, I know you’ll be hooked on the new vitality and energy in your life. I look forward to helping you, and please let me know if you have any questions! See you in the kitchen, Kardena Pauza Author,
Table of Contents Smoothies ............................................................................................................... .pg. 4 Desserts .................................................................................................................................pg. 11 Breakfast............................................................................................................... .pg. 27 Lunch .................................................................................................................... pg. 44 Dinner................................................................................................................... .pg. 67
SMOOTHIE RECIPES 1. Banana Carob Smoothie You’ll love this yummy smoothie that tastes similar to a chocolate-banana shake. And if you didn’t know what carob is, it’s a great, healthy substitute for chocolate. Of course, if you want “real” chocolate, you can use cocoa powder instead of the carob. Ingredients: 1 frozen chopped bananas 3/4 cup soy milk or almond milk- unsweetened preferably 1 1/2 Tbsp. carob powder 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or agave nectar 1/2 tsp. vanilla Dash of cinnamon Add water to make more pourable and ice if you prefer a chilled drink 2. Strawberry Ecstasy Smoothie Ingredients: 1 cup almond milk- unsweetened preferably 1 cup frozen or fresh Strawberries 2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder or cacao nibs (Nibs are more bitter) 1-2 dates or agave to taste 3. Spice Up Your Life You’ll be surprised by what adding cayenne can do to a chocolate or cacao smoothie! Ingredients: 1 cup coconut water (From fresh young thai coconut preferably or in a container) 1/4 cup almonds soaked 1 Tbsp. cacao powder 1/8 cup white raisins Dash of cayenne Pinch sea salt
Marvellous Mango Ingredients: 2-3 tsp. Banana Cherry and Sesame Ingredients: Frozen organic cherries (1/2 cup to 1 cup) 1 banana 2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan.com . 1 Tbsp. of raw cacao powder Raw honey or agave nectar as sweetener Water/ice to blend 5. coconut.4. ground up flax seed 2 tsp. ginger and blend. ground up sesame seed 6. sesame seeds 1 or 2 tsp. © www. 2) Next add all the remaining ingredients: peeled mango. raw sunflower seeds 4-6 raw Brazil nuts or 4-8 soaked raw almonds 1 Tbsp. spinach. and nuts in 2-3 cups of water first preferably. sunflower. Mango Delight’ Smoothie Ingredients: 1 cup organic almond milk 1 large fresh mango (peeled) or frozen 1 apple. flax seeds (Thickens smoothie) 2 tsp. cucumber. coconut butter or oil 1 large mango (Peel & remove pit) 1/4” slice of fresh ginger root 1/3 cucumber (Optional to peel) 1-2 cups spinach 2-3 cups water Preparation: 1) Blend flax. cored 2 tsp.
hemp seeds 3 tsp. cacao nibs 3-4 each raw almonds AND macadamia nuts 2 tsp. chopped flax seeds 8. of honey 1 tray of ice cubes Water 9. frozen acai 1/3 to 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries 1-2 Tbsp. Low Glycemic Chocolate-Green Smoothie Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. of cacao powder 1/2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. of soaked brown flax seed 1 Tbsp.com 6 .7. of maca Handful of goji berries 1 tsp. Mac’ Berry Almond Smoothie Ingredients: 1/2 banana (Or substitute half an avocado but eliminate the flax oil) 4 oz. ZEN-ANANA Smoothie Ingredients: 1 large banana sliced 8 oz green tea 2 cup spinach 1 Gala or Fuji apple sliced pinch nutmeg or cinnamon © www. flax oil 1 tsp. of your favorite dried green supplement Stevia (Optional) 10. of coconut butter 1 tsp. Cran-Orange Strawberry Smoothie Ingredients: 2 oranges 1 cup strawberries (Frozen or fresh) 1/3 cup unsweetened cranberries (Frozen is ok) 1 Tbsp.
soy. cinnamon 1/4 cup pure water if blending Nuts. organic maple syrup Add ice 13. flax meal 3 Tbsp. rinse before use) 2 apples sliced 1 banana sliced 1 Tbsp. of cacao powder 11/2 . soy. ground flaxseed 1/4 cup soaked raw almonds 1 tsp. raw carob powder 1 or 2 shakes of cinnamon 1 Tbsp. rice milk (less for thicker shake) 12. hemp. raisins & hemp seeds (Optional) www. in water over night.com 7 .VegetarianFoodPlan.11.2 cups liquid use water. Chocolate-Avocado DREAM Ingredients: 1/2 avocado 1 medium sized banana 4-6 dates (Sweeten to taste. almond. soaked brown flax seed (Optional) 1-2 tsp. less is better) 1 Tbsp. or rice milk 1 Tbsp. Carob Shake Ingredients: 1 large banana 1-1/2 cup almond. Oat Meal Raw Food Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2-1 cup soaked oat groats (Let soak uncovered.
VegetarianFoodPlan.14. soaked flaxseed 4-6 chucks pineapple (Fresh or frozen) 1-2 cup organic spinach (Fresh or frozen) 15. Favorite fruit/Y2 an apple 1/4 inch-1/2 inch raw ginger peeled Udo's. 2) Scoop out coconut meat and place in blender.com 8 1) . rice. Vegan Green Chocolate Shake Ingredients: Almond milk vanilla unsweetened 1-2 fresh kale leaves Almond butter 1 Tbsp. Energizing Smoothie Ingredients: 1/2 ripe avocado 1 frozen banana 1 young coconut. flax oil or substitute with Y2 avocado if no oil Couple dashes of cinnamon 1 tsp. Remember to be very careful to avoid hard pieces from the husk. blueberry) Dash of Stevia to taste Dash cinnamon 1 Tsp. 16. Green Pome-berry Smoothie Ingredients: 1 medium sized banana 6-8oz (1 cup) frozen blueberries 1/2 cup pomegranate juice 1/2 cup almond. soy or hemp milk 1 Tbsp. then dump coconut water into blender. strawberry.water and meat 1 cup your favorite frozen berry (Raspberry.+ cocoa powder Handful blueberries or strawberries Pumpkin seeds Water (As needed) Dash Stevia to sweeten ©www. maca (Optional) Young Coconut Preparation: To open young coconut use clever or chef knife.
of ginger root powder or 1/4 inch fresh peeled ginger 1 Tbsp. of flaxseed oil 1/4 tsp. soy. of spirulina or SuperGreens powder Add water/ice 18.com 9 . coconut butter (Or 1 young coconut with coco-water if available in your area) 2-3 cups water until desired Add ice only if desired www. Mango Banana Smoothie Ingredients: 1 medium-sized mango Dash of agave nectar or maple syrup 1 medium sized banana or ripe plantain 3/4-1 cup hemp.VegetarianFoodPlan. Tropical Green Smoothie Ingredients: 3 cups fresh organic baby spinach 2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple cubes 2-3 kiwis 1/2 avocado 1 banana Add ice & water until desired 20. Parsley Pear Smoothie 2 pears sliced 1/3 bunch of parsley (Traditional or Italian is fine) 1 stalk of celery (the greener the better) 2 Tbsp.17. Green Machine Smoothie Ingredients: 3-5 leaves of kale 1 kiwi 1 avocado 2 Tbsp. rice or almond milk Add ice if desired 19.
7) Allow treat to cool down then cut into squares and serve! ©www. cinnamon. alcohol free vanilla extract (Trader Joe’s has alcohol free) 8 oz/1 cup unsweetened carob chips 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans 1/4 cup sunflower seeds Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. of batter onto cookie sheet and flatten with fork. 5) Spread batter evenly into sprayed pan.com 10 . 7) Moisten your fork if it begins to stick to batter. 2) Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. 6) Bake about 30 minutes or until lightly browned on edges. walnuts and seeds. 6) Place a Tbsp. Blueberry Squares Ingredients: 4 cups fresh blueberries or berry of your choice 2 tsp. cloves. 8) Bake about 12 minutes or until golden. Chocolate Chip Vegan Cookies Ingredients: 3 cups whole-wheat flour 1 tsp.DESSERT RECIPES 1. 3) Stir flour and baking powder in large bowl 4) In separate bowl stir well and combine applesauce. arrowroot and apple juice concentrate in large bowl. ground cinnamon 1 tsp. 3) Using blender or food processor grind oats to coarse powder texture.VegetarianFoodPlan. 5) Now add to dry ingredients and fold in carob chips. Makes 48 cookies 2. 4) Processed oats with berries. baking powder 1 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) 4 oz agave nectar 2 tsp. 2) Spray baking pan with cooking spray. ground cloves 2 cups rolled oats 1/4 cup Maranta Starch or “Arrow Root” (Use instead of cornstarch to thicken) 1 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. agave nectar and vanilla.
baking powder 1 Tbsp. nutmeg 1 tsp. fine grain sea salt 1 tsp. Chocolate Oatmeal Chai Cookie Recipe Ingredients: 2 cups rolled oats. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. finely shredded & unsweetened 3 large. ground cloves 1/4 tsp. baking powder 6-7 ounces chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar chopped or unsweetened carob www. applesauce. 7) Remove pie from oven and cover with aluminium foil for 10 minutes before removing from pan.com 11 . 6) Pour batter into oiled pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. water until smooth Preparation: 1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees 2) Lightly oil a 9 inch pan with vegetable oil 3) Combine the flour. alcohol free vanilla extract (Trader Joe’s has Alcohol Free FYI) 2 Tbsp.3.can do gluten free 1/3 cup coconut. baking powder and spice in a large mixing bowl. baking soda. 4) Stir in the apple juice concentrate. slightly warm. mixed with 2 Tbsp. ground flax seed. 5) Mix in the flax seed. vanilla extract 1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil. Vegan Apple Pie Ingredients: 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate 1 3/4 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour 1/2 cup quick oats 1/2 cup of raisins 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1 tsp. 4. well mashed (about 1 1/2 cups) 1 tsp. oats. ripe bananas. do not cook 2/3 cup almond meal 1/4 teaspoon cardamom 1/4 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. baking soda 1 tsp. and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. all-spice 1/2 tsp.
2) To make almond meal. salt.12 minutes or until the cookies are golden on top and bottom. leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. salt. almond meal.don't go too far or you'll end up with almond butter. 5) In a separate smaller bowl use a whisk to combine the maple syrup. 2) Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.com 12 . 6) Fold in the chocolate/carob. Carrot Ginger Oatmeal Cookie Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour 1 tsp. and baking powder. racks in the top third. shredded coconut. 5) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. an inch apart. coconut oil. 4) In another bowl whisk together the oats. ground cloves. cinnamon.Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. one level tablespoonful at a time. 8) Bake in the top 1/3 of the oven for 10 . room temperature 1/2 cup unrefined (fragrant) coconut oil. fine grain sea salt 1 cup rolled oats 2/3 cup chopped walnuts 1 cup shredded carrots 1/2 cup real maple syrup. Makes about 3 dozen bite-sized cookies. Set aside. baking powder. 4) Add the nuts and carrots. 7) Drop onto prepared baking sheets. 8) Bake for 12 . vanilla extract. baking powder Scant 1/2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. 5. each about 2 teaspoons in size. grated fresh ginger 1/4 cup wheat germ 1/2 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 375F degrees. and ginger. wheat germ. onto a parchment lined baking sheet. ©www.14 minutes or until turning brown on the bottom. 3) In a large bowl whisk together the flour. 3) In a large bowl combine the bananas. and coconut oil. raisins and oats. warmed until just melted 1 tsp. 6) Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.You can make your own almond meal by pulsing almonds in a food processor until it is the texture of sand . cardamom. 7) Drop dollops of the dough.
9) 10) Make 2 . baking soda 3/4 tsp. Press down on each one gently with the back of a fork. fine grain sea salt 1 cup Organic Creamy Peanut Butter 1 cup maple syrup 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil 1 1/2 tsp. and vanilla. Place racks in the top third. olive oil. Stir until combined. Let cool five minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.VegetarianFoodPlan. and salt. Let sit for five minutes. maple syrup. or unbleached all-purpose flour 1 tsp. In a separate larger bowl combine the peanut butter.but don't over bake or they will be dry. In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour. Now drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. give one more quick stir.Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies. so if you're set on doing criss-crosses. maybe 11 minutes .3 dozen cookies. Organic Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour. www. It's a loose batter. spelt flour. go ahead and chill the batter for an hour or so before this step. 6. baking soda.com 13 . just a stroke or two. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Preheat oven to 350F degrees.still a bit dusty looking. Pour the flour mixture over the peanut butter mixture and stir until barely combined . Bake for 10.
7.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) Pour the pudding into bowls and add your desired toppings. ©www. cacao powder 1 Tbsp. carob powder 3 Tbsp.com 14 . red seedless grapes. a slice of apricot or whipped cream. Dark Chocolaty Chocolate Pudding Make a rich and creamy vegan chocolate mousse from tofu! Garnish with fresh strawberries. Ingredients: 1 cup raw cashews 3 Tbsp. or crumble some graham crackers on top. agave nectar or to taste 1/2 cup almond milk Add water if need to thin for blending Preparation: 1) Place all the ingredients in a powerful blender and puree until creamy.
2) Grate the carrots.8. Peter Rabbit Carrot Cake Ingredients: 2 cups spelt flour or whole wheat flour 2 tsp. baking soda. cinnamon. baking powder. ground cloves 1 tsp. 3) Preheat the oven to 350F." 5) Mix in the walnuts. ground cinnamon 1/4 cup raisins 1 Y2 tsp. Grade B (vegan) or 1 cup honey (Vegetarian) 1/2 cup crushed walnuts (Optional) Preparation: 1) First. and salt. 4) Combine the carrots and the rest of the ingredients except for the walnuts to the flour mixture. baking soda 2 tsp. I use a food processor instead of grating them by hand. allspice.com 15 . baking powder 1 1/2 tsp. 7) Bake for 40-50 min at 350F until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. salt 2 cup grated carrots 1 cup almond milk 1 1/2 cup applesauce 1 cup maple syrup. Mix until "just mixed. 8) Cool on a counter for 30 min and then frost with cream cheese frosting © www.VegetarianFoodPlan. allspice Y2 tsp. 6) Transfer to a greased 13x9x2 pan. mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl: flour. cloves.
7) Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan. almond milk. 8) Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. © www. about 40-45 minutes. 6) Add the banana mixture and gently mix until just combined. 2) Wipe a 9x5-inch loaf pan with oil. 4) In a separate bowl. 5) Add blueberries and use a spoon or spatula to ensure they are coated with the flour mixture. salt 1 cup (240 ml) blueberries Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350F. orange juice 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk (Or apple sauce) 1/2 cup agave nectar 2 cups whole wheat flour 3/4 tsp. mash the bananas and add orange zest.VegetarianFoodPlan.9. 9) Allow to cool before cutting and serving. and agave nectar. orange zest 1 Tbsp. Blue Banana Bread Ingredients: 3 large over-ripe bananas 1 tsp.com 16 . baking powder 3/4 tsp. orange juice. baking soda (Non-aluminum) 1/2 tsp. and salt. 3) In a large bowl. Stir well to combine. soda. baking powder. combine the flour.
4) In a mixing bowl. 3) Sift the salt.VegetarianFoodPlan. raisins and nuts and mix well into the dough. baking soda into the flour and oatmeal in a bowl. remove from cookie tray and cool on a rack. oil + 1 Tbsp of Almond Milk 1/3 . 10) Bake in the center of oven for about 10-12 minutes. 9) Flatten to about 3/4 and keep it thick.10. chopped 2 Tbsp. 2) Prepare a cookie sheet either with non-stick spray or a parchment paper. 11) When it’s done. 12) Eat when nice a warm and chewy. 6) Add in the flour mixture and beat on medium until a semi-stiff dough forms. of ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 tsp. 5) Add in applesauce and egg substitute and beat well. Stir to blend together. add the vanilla essence. olive oil or 1 Tbsp. cloves 1/2 tsp. of baking soda 1/4 cup pecans.1/2 cup of sugar 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce 3/4 tsp. arrowroot flour (As substitute for 1 egg) 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour 3/4 cup of dry oats 2 Tbsp. 8) Drop by tablespoonful about 3 to a row. of salt (Optional) 1/2 tsp. www. Super Yummy Low-Fat Whole Wheat Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Ingredients: 1/4 tsp. beat olive oil (and/or milk) together with the vegan sugar. This dough will be very slightly sticky.com 17 . cinnamon. of vanilla essence 1/4 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350F. 7) At this point.
com 18 . You may need to adjust wet/dry ingredients to achieve the correct texture. The mixture should be sticky but not too wet.11. your better off slightly undercooking them and having a slightly soft middle. Bake for 30-35 minutes. pure maple syrup Egg replacer equivalent of 2 eggs 1/2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. very ripe banana Pinch of salt 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1/8 cup sultanas or raisins 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla essence 1/2 cup carob powder 1 large. tahini Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Pre-heat oven to 350°. Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with foil and lightly oil the bottom. Mash the banana in a large mixing bowl. Use a hand blender to blend the oats into a powder/flour. Don’t over cook. Leave to cool and enjoy! 5) 6) 7) 8) ©www. Low-fat Wheat-free Carob Brownies Ingredients: 1/3 cup brown rice flour 2/3 cup porridge oats 4 Tbsp. Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
©www. pecans.com 19 . 13. Hold back a little coconut for coating the macaroons.12. sweetener (dates or maple syrup) and carob in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. sliced strawberries Preparation: 1) Process avocado. Raw Banana Macaroons Ingredients: 1 cup medjool dates 1 banana 1/2 cup coconut. shredded (Unsweetened) Y2 cup quick oats 1 Tbsp. almond butter 2 Tbsp. Roll into balls and lightly roll in shredded coconut. Raw Carob pudding Ingredients: 2 medium ripe avocados 1 Y2 cup dates or 1 cup maple syrup If using dates add a little orange juice when blending 1/2 cup raw carob powder Toppings.VegetarianFoodPlan. and process until only slightly chunky.raspberries. Place all ingredients in a food processor. agave nectar Pinch of salt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Remove the pits from dates.
salt 1 Y2 Tbsp. 3) Shape into balls and enjoy! 15. add a few more raisins and a tablespoon of water.VegetarianFoodPlan. salt and coconut oil and mix it all up.14.com 20 . cinnamon. 3) After ingredients are mixed. mint. cacao nibs Preparation: 1) Place dates in food processor and mix until smooth. Once smooth. 4) Refrigerate before eating. again until smooth. raw coconut oil (It's best if it's very soft. cashews or pecans 1/4 cup raw carob powder 1 cup raisins or dates Preparation: 1) Process all ingredients in a food processor until fine and sticky. 2) Add walnuts. shredded 12 dates (Medjool are best) Y2-3/4 tsp. 2) If you can't get the mixture to hold together. Makes approximately 15 cookies. cinnamon Y2 tsp. Speedy Raw Cookies Ingredients: 3/4 cup raw walnuts. remove from food processor by tablespoon-sized blobs and flatten into cookie-ish rounds. Raw "Chocolate Mint" Cookies Ingredients: 2 Y2 cups raw walnuts 2-3 fresh mint leaves. but not liquid) 2 Tbsp. © www. add cacao nibs and blend just until nibs are well distributed.
VegetarianFoodPlan.16. Spoon into a serving dish and pack down well. honey. © www. Pour on top of crust and decorate with fresh. sliced Preparation: Crust 1) 2) Topping 1) 2) Blend the walnuts. blueberries. sliced strawberries.com 21 . fresh coconut butter (Optional) For Garnish: fresh strawberries. Blend the almonds and honey until finely chopped. and fresh coconut butter (if using) until smooth. Raw-Berry Pie Ingredients: For the crust: 2 cups almonds 1/2 cup honey For the topping: 1 cup walnuts 1/4 cup honey 1/3 cup blueberries 2 Tbsp.
salt 1 tsp. Process until everything is well mixed. Sort of "knead" in the chopped pecans until they're well distributed. Raw Chocolate Pudding Ingredients: Meat of 2 coconuts or coconut butter 10 cashews 6 dates 4 Tbsp. 18.VegetarianFoodPlan. Press the pecan mix into a 9x9 or 8x8 inch glass pan. dried coconut 1/2 tsp. made into a smooth "pecan butter" (Your food processor can do this) 30 medjool dates. cinnamon Water Preparation: 1) Blend all the ingredients until smooth. Store covered in the fridge until ready to eat. process dates until smooth (or as close to smooth as you can get). salt. Remove from food processor and place the mixture in a medium-sized bowl or onto the counter. chopped Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) In food processor." coconut.17. cinnamon 1/2 cup pecans. Raw Pecan Pie Tart Ingredients: 2 cups pecans. ©www. Add the "pecan butter. pitted 1 1/2 cup shredded. and cinnamon.com 22 . raw cacao powder 1/4 tsp.
com 23 . whole and peeled 2 apples. ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. orange peel. raw tahini Preparation: 1) Blend all ingredients until smooth and it’s ready to eat! 20. oranges. cored Preparation: 1) Blend the almonds. use a spatula to spread cookie mixture onto a dehydrator tray OR shape into balls and eat as is. sea salt. 2) When all ingredients are finely processed. and apples in a food processor until they are finely chopped. peeled and seeded) 1 banana 1-2 tsp. Orange Almond Cookies Ingredients: 4 cups raw almonds. Papaya Banana Pudding Ingredients: 1 cup papaya chunks (About Y2 a Hawaiian papaya. soaked overnight 2 cups raisins Y2 cup orange peel 2 medium oranges. raisins.19.
VegetarianFoodPlan.com 24 . and green onions. Raw Scramble Ingredients: 1 cup almonds (Soaked overnight in water) 1/2 cup sunflower seeds 1/4 salt Y2 cup of water 2 Tbsp. 2) Pour into bowl and fold in chopped tomatoes. Remove from heat and let cool. Oatmeal Ingredients: 3 cups water 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal 1/2 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Bring water to a boil and add oatmeal. ©www. cumin Lettuce leaf – Romaine/Collard Green Preparation: 1) In a food processor combine and blend almonds. 3) Optional. 2. 2) Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until oats have reach your desired texture.do not heat oats. The leaf will give the dish more crunch and texture. sunflower seeds. cilantro. 4) Place in water the night before and then prepare yoru breakfast the following morning as if they are cooked.BREAKFAST RECIPES 1. This keeps the fiber structure intact and helps the digestive system. * You can eat by itself or in a lettuce leaf. salt and water. green onions 1/4 cup cilantro Y2 cup tomatoes. chopped Dash of cayenne 1/4 tsp.
turn it no higher than 105 degrees so not to destroy the vitamins. 5) Continue to add sweetener to taste. 2) You don’t need to smooth it out. 2) Add raisins. alcohol free vanilla. agave nectar and Stevia. Stevia or honey. cinnamon.3. 4) If you don’t have a dehydrator.com 25 . If you would like it sweeter. and blend once more about 10-15 seconds. 4) Add raspberries. or until ingredients are slightly mixed but still chunky. To dry granola: 1) Take the chunky mixture and drop it on dehydrator trays. of agave nectar Dash stevia 1/2 cup of raspberries (Fresh or frozen) Preparation: 1) Measure soaked sunflower seeds and flax seeds and pour into food processor. of cinnamon 2/3 cup shredded coconut (Unsweetened) 1 tsp. just place it on the tray in small chunky pieces. 3) Process all ingredients except raspberries for 10-15 seconds. Good For You Granola Ingredients: 4 cups of soaked sunflower seeds 1 cup of soaked flax seeds 2/3 cups of raisins 1 tsp. minerals. 3) If your dehydrator has a heating gauge. and essential fiber. place in the oven on the lowest temperature possible and leave the oven open a crack or on the lowest setting until dry or about 24 hours. of salt 2 Tbsp. ©www. salt.VegetarianFoodPlan. you can add more agave. of alcohol free vanilla 1 tsp.
chopped walnuts 5 oz. Muesli Recipe Ingredients: 1 oz. chopped sesame seeds 1 oz. Refrigerate if you have the space. water 1 tsp. rolled rye Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) Combine all ingredients in a large wide bowl. Eat with fresh fruit and non-dairy milk. 5. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. ©www. vanilla Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a blender place rice. Fold in ingredients with a large spoon to mix.VegetarianFoodPlan. rolled wheat 8 oz. agave nectar 32 oz. Store in an air-tight container. Shake well before using. Cover and blend on high until rice is pulverized. Rice Milk Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup cooked brown rice 1 oz. vanilla and water.4. chopped dried apples 1/2 cup shredded coconut 5 oz. agave nectar. raisins 8 oz.com 26 . rolled oats 8 oz.
water 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. 4) Shake well before using. * 1 serving is approximately 1 cup. Cashew Milk Recipe Ingredients: 1/2 cup raw cashew pieces 3 Tbsp.com 27 . agave nectar 32 oz. vanilla and water in high powered blender. 3) Cashew milk will last about 5 days covered in the refrigerator. only creamy. agave nectar. 2) Cover and blend on high until cashews are pulverized and there are not chunks of cashew. vanilla Dash of salt to bring out the flavors Preparation: 1) Place cashews.6. ©www.
7. Sweet Tofu Rice Pudding Ingredients: 1 cup organic brown rice, short or long 1 1/2 cups water 1 Tbsp. coconut oil 1 tsp. salt 1 cup chopped fresh/ frozen blueberries 1 1/2 cup So Delicious Coconut yogurt 1/4 cup agave nectar 1 cup tofu, firm, cut into cubes 3 Tbsp. pecans 1 tsp. cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Place rice, coconut oil, slat and water in pan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer rice for 30 minutes, or until rice is soft. Make sure the rice does not dry out and burn. Fold in the tofu with 1/3 cup of coconut yogurt and cover lid. Allow to cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, cashews and agave or maple syrup. Cover with lid and allow to sit for ten minutes. Serve warm in bowl and top with fresh blueberries or fruit of your choice.
8. Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Ingredients: 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly, uncooked 1-1/2 cups unsweetened Almond milk 2 Tbsp. raisins 1 apple, cored and chopped 1 tsp. ground cinnamon 1-2 tsp. lemon juice 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) To thoroughly rinse quinoa, cover it with water in a mixing bowl, then rub it between the palms of your hands. Pour off the cloudy liquid through a strainer and then repeat the process two or three more times, until the rinse liquid remains clear. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the rinsed and drained quinoa with almond milk. Bring to a slow simmer, then cover and cook for about 15 minutes until the quinoa is tender. In the blender place apple, raisins, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and lemon juice and puree. Put it in pot with quinoa and let it simmer for 5-15 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
2) 3) 4) 5) 6)
Makes about 3 cups.
9. Quickie Breakfast Ingredients: 2 to 3 medium dried figs 1/4 cup raisins 1 medium apple 1 cup quick rolled oats 3 cups vanilla almond milk 1/4 tsp. cinnamon Dash of nutmeg Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a food processor, chop the apricot halves, figs, and raisins. Cut and core the apple and then add it to the dried fruit in the food processor. Chop fine. Transfer the fruit mixture to a medium-sized saucepan and add the remaining ingredients. 5) Simmer slowly, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until thickened. Makes 4 servings.
10. Veggie Tofu Scramble Ingredients: 1/2 cup chopped celery 1/2 cup minced onion 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper 1 cup zucchini 1 cup chopped kale 1 1/2 tsp. chilli powder 1 tsp. cumin 16 oz. low-fat tofu, drained and crumbled 1/2 Tbsp. Himalayan salt 1/2 cup vegetable broth 1/4 tsp. pepper Preparation: 1) Heat 1/4 cup of vegetable broth, celery, onion, bell pepper, and zucchini in a skillet over medium-high heat. 2) Cook until softened. Add the remaining vegetable broth, kale, and spices. 3) Cover the pan and cook until the kale is wilted. 4) Add the crumbled tofu. Cook until firm and lightly browned. 5) Add the salt, pepper. 11. Couscous Breakfast Ingredients: 2 cups hot Almond milk 2 cups dry couscous 1/3 cup raisins, soaked in water and drained 1/3 cup dried apricots 6 pecans, raw honey, to taste (Or use agave nectar) Preparation: 1) Bring the almond milk to a boil on the stove. 2) Add the couscous to the hot almond milk and let stand 5 minutes. 3) Stir in raisins, pecans, and honey/agave nectar to taste. * A serving size is 1/3-1/2 cup cooked.
mash it all up until there are no big chunks. Rapeseed oil (or other mild-flavored oil) Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Drain the tofu.com 32 . Hearty Tofu Scramble Ingredients: l lb. tamari/soy sauce. Add the nutritional yeast. With a fork. cayenne and pepper. heat the canola oil and add the Fakin’ Bacon. firm tofu (Non-gmo. low sodium tamari or nama shoyu sauce. ©www. diced Y2 onion. diced 1 Tbsp. organic) 1 medium tomato 2 Tbsp. Add the tofu mixture and stir-fry until the tofu is heated through. Makes 4 servings.12.VegetarianFoodPlan. nutritional yeast Y2 tsp. turmeric 2 tsp. Add the vegetables and stir-fry until they are tender. Sauté until the pieces are brown and crispy. black pepper Y2 bell pepper.more if preferable 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper 1/8 tsp. In a frying pan. Cut it into pieces and put it into a small mixing bowl. turmeric.
6) Serve as is or with extra salsa. nama shoyu and 1/4 cup water 1 package of whole wheat tortillas Preparation: 1) In a nonstick pan. chopped 1 tsp. garlic. ©www. and peppers in vegetable broth until soft. saute the onion.VegetarianFoodPlan. chopped 1/2 yellow pepper. 3) Stir occasionally to keep from burning.com 33 . drained 2-3 Roma tomatoes. chopped 1/2 tsp. Breakfast Black Eyed Peas Ingredients: 1/2 large red onion. diced small 1/4 cup salsa 1/4 cup vegetable broth or 1 Tbsp. minced garlic 1 can black-eyed peas. 2) Stir in black-eyed peas and cook on medium heat until vegetables are cooked through.13. hot pepper (Jalepeno) 1 large green pepper. tomatoes. 4) Stir in salsa and simmer for 5 minutes more. 5) Warm tortillas and roll up some of the black-eyed peas mixture into each one.
or you can serve it on the top. South Western Breakfast Burrito Ingredients: 1-2 low carb tortillas 1/3. and water. nama shoyu or tamari (Adds salty flavor) Dash of cayenne. and spices. Saute until lightly browned. Enjoy!! Makes 1 serving.1/2 cup firm tofu. crumbled 1 Tbsp. Add spaghetti squash salad.14. crushed 3 Tbsp. turmeric 1 clove fresh garlic. ©www. Saute until fully incorporated into tofu mixture and warmed thoroughly. Spoon the scrambled tofu/squash mixture in a line down the center of the tortilla.VegetarianFoodPlan. Add salsa. Add crumbled tofu.com 34 . Roll it up like a burrito. chopped onion Spaghetti squash salad Salsa Dash of nutritional yeast Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9) 10) Sauté garlic and onions in a little broth. Warm the tortillas. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast. tamari . paprika. cumin.
diced 3 Tbsp. can of black beans 2 fat free/low fat flour tortillas 1 cup of salsa Diced green chillies 2 Tbsp. tomatoes. onions.com 35 . spreading out the beans to cover the whole tortilla. 5) Top the beans with salsa that you've either warmed upon the stove top. or top the beans with the salsa and place the plates in a microwave oven and heat for 1 to 2 minutes on high. Huevos Rancheros Ingredients: 6 egg whites OR enough scrambled tofu mix to serve two 1 15oz. diced Preparation: 1) Warm the beans and separately scramble the egg whites or tofu mix in a non stick pan. 4) Cover each tortilla with the black beans. vegan cheese 4 Tbsp. Makes 2 servings. 2) Warm tortillas in oven using a very low temperature so that the tortillas warm all the way through and are still soft (not until they dry out and become crunchy). 6) Top the salsa with the scrambled egg whites or scrambled tofu.15. ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. 3) Take the warmed tortillas and place each one flat on a separate plate.
com 36 . measure 2 cups of cereal to 5 cups of water. 3) You can store leftovers in the refrigerator. nutmeg.VegetarianFoodPlan. cinnamon.16. 4) Warm up when you want. Multi Grain Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2 cup whole wheat berries 1/2 cup whole rye berries 1/2 cup oat groats or rolled oat 1/2 cup whole triticale 1/2 cup whole barley 1/2 cup buckwheat groats 1/3 cup sesame seeds 1/3 cup flaxseed Preparation: 1) Combine all ingredients dry and store until you decide to prepare breakfast. ©www. 2) When ready to cook. Or make one serving by boiling 1/4 cup of cereal. 5) Add chopped apple. and raisins and almond milk. bringing it to boil.
17. 6) This is also really good with dried apricots or with fresh chopped apples. raisins 1/3 cup date pieces Dash or three of cinnamon 3 cups water 1 cup unsweetened Almond milk Molasses or Stevia to taste Preparation: 1) The night before. 3) Add the dried fruit. 2) In the AM. the soy milk and 3 cups water and bring to a simmer on the stove. add water 1 inch above grains.com 37 . Makes 3-4 servings. 5) Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes. ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. cover and let set overnight. 4) Reduce to a bare simmer and stir occasionally for 10 minutes or so. strain water off grains. put grains and cinnamon in a large bowl or pot. Winter Grain Cereal Ingredients: 2/3 cups steel cut oats 1/3 cup pearl barley 2 Tbsp.
Be sure to add more soy milk or water to keep the batter from getting too thick as it sits. vanilla Dash of salt 2 tsp. ©www. Try to use a cover to steam the pancakes as much as fry them.VegetarianFoodPlan. jam or jelly. Fry in a non-stick pan sprayed with Pam. Tofu-Breakfast Pancakes Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat flour 1 package silken Mori-Nu low fat tofu (1 gm/3 oz) 1 large apple 1 tsp. except for the Cinnamon and blueberries. Reduce the heat as you do subsequent batches.18.com 38 . or they will tend to stick. as it reduces the amount of Pam you need to fry them. fat substitute (Sunsweet Lighter Bake) 1 to 2 cups Almond milk 1 cup blueberries Powdered cinnamon for topping while cooking Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Just put all the ingredients in a food processor. Serve with fat free maple syrup.
nut. or yeast. Variations – try adding vanilla. blackstrap molasses or raw honey Currants or raisins to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Rinse the grains. Add the oats and fruit and simmer for another 15 minutes. ©www. Boil and then simmer the quinoa in water and mollasses for ten minutes. cinnamon.com 39 .VegetarianFoodPlan. Makes 1 large serving OR 2 small servings.19. Quinoa Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2 cup water 1/4 cup quinoa 1/4 cup steel cut oats 1/4 cup peaches Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg Dash of Himalayan salt 1 Tbsp.
Press the dough into the baking dish. Stir dry ingredients into wet. almond slivers and raisins. pumpkin seeds. salt and baking soda. Tropical Breakfast Bars Ingredients: 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 cup Grapeseed oil 1/4 cup agave nectar 1 tsp. 7) Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Grease an 8x8 baking dish with grapeseed oil. In a large bowl. sunflower seeds.com 40 . wetting your hands with water to help pat the dough down evenly. vanilla extract 1/2 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds 1/2 cup sunflower seed 1/4 cup slivered almond 1/4 cup raisins Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) In a small bowl. agave and vanilla. 8) Serve. Makes 12-16 bars.20. combine grapeseed oil. Mix in coconut. ©www. combine almond flour.VegetarianFoodPlan.
flat-leaf parsley 1 Tbsp. 2) Add a little water or more vinegar if necessary to thin.LUNCH RECIPES 1. cut into 1/4 “ slices 2 medium Belgian endive. raw Dressing: 2 Tbsp. 3) Place all vegetables in bowel and toss with salad dressing.com 41 . julienned 1 medium yellow squash or zucchini. vinegar Salt and pepper Dash of honey to balance out the flavour Preparation: 1) Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. fresh tarragon. Rainbow Salad Ingredients: 1 medium red onion 1 medium green bell pepper.VegetarianFoodPlan. flaxseed oil 2 large ripe avocados 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt 1 medium shallot 2 Tbsp. cut into 1/4 “ slices 1 medium orange bell pepper. chopped optional 3 Tbsp. ©www. julienned 1/3 cup sunflower seeds. cut into 1/4 “ slices 1 medium red bell pepper. cut into 1/4 “ slices in a diagonal 1 large hothouse cucumber. julienned 1 medium jicama.
Place the slices in an 8×8-inch baking dish and pour the marinade over the top. some Napa cabbage. Toss the apple slices with the remaining tablespoon of orange juice to keep them from browning. then turn the tofu block on its side and cut into thirds again. the mirin. canola oil 2 garlic cloves. Cut the tofu into three slices lengthwise. Let the tofu sit for 30 minutes. If packing for later. mirin (Sweet Japanese cooking wine) 1 Tbsp. Arrange a slice of tofu along with some apple slices. 2 sprigs of cilantro. Press the tofu for 30 minutes. freshly squeezed orange juice 1 Tbsp. soy sauce 1 Tbsp. until it is golden brown and the marinade is absorbed. Bake the tofu and marinade for 40 minutes. core. Make a marinade by whisking together 3 tablespoons of the orange juice. washed and patted dry Add grated lime for zest Preparation: 1) 2) 3) Wrap the tofu in a kitchen towel and set it on a plate. Put another plate on top and weigh it down with something heavy. and scallions in a mound just below the center of the wrapper. folding in the sides along the way. Transfer to a dry work surface and pat dry. Peel. Roll up the rice paper to form a tight bundle. and cayenne. Look for them in packages at Asian markets. Serve or pack each roll wrapped in a lettuce leaf (this will keep the spring roll from sticking to the plate). sliced 9 large leaf or butterhead lettuce leaves.VegetarianFoodPlan. soy sauce. or until softened. Ingredients: 1 pound firm tofu 4 Tbsp. ginger. minced ginger A pinch of cayenne 1 Granny Smith apple 9 (8-inch diameter) dried rice paper wrappers 18 fresh cilantro stems 1 cup finely shredded Napa cabbage 1 bunch scallions. and canola oil. Stir in the garlic. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Set aside to cool. minced 1 Tbsp. Tofu Apple Spring Rolls The Wonders of Rice Paper: Rice paper wrappers are a fantastic alternative to bread for the gluten-intolerant. cover the rolls with a damp paper towel and some plastic wrap to keep them from drying out.2. making nine equal slices. then turn the slices over and let sit for another 30 minutes. Dip one of the wrappers in a wide bowl filled with warm water for 15 seconds.com 42 . and thinly slice the Granny Smith apple. 4) 5) 6) 7) ©www.
5) Serve piping hot. sea salt 1/2 a medium onion. Place in oven and roast the tomatoes for 50 minutes. 2) Arrange the cut tomatoes on a large (10×16-inch) baking sheet. Simmer for 15 minutes. cut in half lengthwise (About 35) 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. Remove pan from the oven and set aside. 4) Blend the soup in batches in the blender. red pepper flakes (Optional) 2 cups fresh whole basil leaves (one 2 oz. Add the onion and sauté until soft and slightly golden. Drizzle the tomatoes with 1/4 cup olive oil and sprinkle with salt. then arrange them cut side up.3. with crackers or chunks of store-bought artisan-style bread. extra virgin olive oil 1 Tbsp. thyme.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 43 . pouring finished soup into a clean saucepan or soup tureen (you may wish to strain the soup as you do this to remove any remaining skin or seeds. Carefully pour in all the tomatoes and their juices. chopped 1 large garlic clove. about 10 minutes. 3) Warm the rest of the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Roasted Tomato Basil Soup Ingredients: 6–6 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes. Toss with your hands until the tomatoes are evenly coated with oil. and 1 cup water (you may need to add an extra cup if the tomatoes are on the dry side). Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. minced 1 tsp. Add the basil. Add garlic and pepper flakes and sauté for one more minute. bag) 1/2 tsp. dried thyme Preparation: 1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. ©www. depending on the strength of your blender). they should fill the pan completely.
or crimson are all fine here. give the chilli a stir or two during the day to ensure even cooking. extra virgin olive oil 1 onion. Chili Con "Carne" Ingredients: 1/2 cup dried black beans 1/2 cup dried pinto beans 1/2 cup dried navy beans 1 Tbsp. cumin. about 5 minutes. thyme. dried thyme 1/2 tsp. brown. beef-style texturized vegan protein (TVP) 1 (6-ounce) can salt-free tomato paste 1 tsp. 5) When the chili is done. Drain the dry beans and add them to the slow cooker along with the lentils. and tomato paste. TVP. paprika. paprika 1/2 tsp. and navy beans in a mixing bowl. pinto beans. dried sage 1 tsp. If you are around. stirring constantly. oregano. add the onion and bell pepper and sauté until the onion is translucent and soft. dried oregano A pinch of cayenne 1/2 cup uncooked lentils (Black.5 to 3 quarts) slow cooker. 3) Scrape the onion and spice mixture into the insert of a medium-size (2. just not red) 1 cup dried. minced 1 tsp. 4) Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 8 hours. Let the beans soak for several hours or overnight. stir in the salt and pepper to taste and serve hot. finely chopped 1/2 a green or red bell pepper. When the oil is hot. sea salt (Or to taste) Freshly ground black pepper Preparation: 1) Combine the black beans. until the beans are tender.com 44 . and cayenne and sauté. then cover with a generous amount of water. or until the garlic is soft and the spices are fragrant. Rinse and drain the beans. Add 5 cups of boiling water and stir until everything is combined and there are no lumps of tomato paste. sage. chopped 1 garlic clove.VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. Add the garlic. for another 2 minutes.4. ground cumin 1 1/2 tsp. 2) Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
broccoli and remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. Drain and allow to cool. 3) In a large bowl.com 45 . diced 1 -2 tomatoes.5.VegetarianFoodPlan. diced 1 red or yellow bell pepper. chopped small 1 12 ounce can water-packed artichoke hearts. 2) Lightly steam the broccoli. until just tender. toss together the pasta. 4) Allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least one hour before serving. diced 1 12 oz. chopped fresh basil 1 cup fat-free vegan Italian salad dressing Sea salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) Cook the pasta according to package directions in salted water. ©www. diced 1/3 cup sliced black olives 2 Tbsp. can green beans. drained and chopped 1 purple onion. Toss again before serving. Italian Pasta Salad Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups bowtie or corkscrew pasta 1 cup broccoli.
salt 1 bay leaf 2 large carrots. curry powder 1/2 tsp. green split peas. chopped 2 stalks celery. Simmer. covered. or until the soup reaches desired thickness. Curried Split Pea and Potato Soup Ingredients: 16 oz. chopped Preparation: 1) In a large saucepan. uncovered. water. for 1 hour. chopped 3 medium potatoes.com 46 . onion and spices. Remove bay leaf. dried 10 cups water 1 onion. garlic powder 1 tsp. pepper 1/2 tsp. Simmer.6. dried oregano 1 tsp. combine the split peas. for an additional 45 minutes. chopped 1 tsp. 3) Puree in a blender or food processor. Reheat before serving. potatoes and celery. ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) Stir in the carrots. stirring occasionally.
garlic powder Black pepper. pickle relish 1 Y2 Tbsp. to taste Add dill to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) In a large bowl. turmeric 4 tsp. served on crackers. or as a side salad. you may wish to finely cube the tofu). Raw Eggless Egg Salad Ingredients: 1 Y2 pounds tofu.6. chopped finely 1 small carrot. The resulting savory treat is wonderful as a sandwich spread. finely shredded 3 Tbsp. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. finely chopped 1 tsp. firm Y2 cup eggless mayonnaise (Nasoya Nayonnaise is my favorite!) 2 red bell peppers.VegetarianFoodPlan. mash tofu with a fork or potato masher (alternatively.com 47 . onion granules 1/4 tsp. ©www. sea salt 1 Y2 tsp. prepared mustard 1 Y2 tsp. chopped finely 4 scallions (White and green parts). chopped fresh parsley 2 stalks celery.
adding water or tomato juice as needed if too much liquid evaporates. 5) Season with salt and black pepper. for 5 minutes. drained and rinsed 1 can black beans. drained and rinsed 1 can corn. ground cumin 1 tsp. oregano. peeled and chopped (Or one 16-ounce can diced tomatoes) 1 can kidney beans. chili powder. Tres Bean Chilli Ingredients: 1 orange bell pepper. the canned corn. thawed) Salt and freshly ground pepper. drained (Or 1-1/2 cups frozen corn. 4) Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. ground coriander 1 tsp. and cumin. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 yellow bell pepper. coriander. Add a little water as needed.com 48 . and all the beans. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 red bell pepper. chili powder 3 medium tomatoes. and cook. cayenne pepper 1 tsp. to taste Water or tomato juice as needed 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves or fresh parsley (Optional) Squeeze lime juice to taste (Optional) Preparation: 1) Heat up the few tablespoons of water in a heavy 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. cayenne. 6) Serve in shallow bowls. 2) Add the bell peppers. drained and rinsed 1 can pinto beans. water for sautéing 1/4 tsp. dried oregano 2 Tbsp. stirring.VegetarianFoodPlan.8. coarsely chopped 2-3 cloves garlic. 3) Stir in the tomatoes. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 yellow onion. This is to replace the oil that is often used for sautéing. and stir in the cilantro or parsley. and bring to a boil. finely chopped 3-4 Tbsp. ©www. garlic. onion.
* If you want to use canned beans.com 49 . and liquid smoke flavor. raw pumpkin seeds 16 oz. or flax crackers. chili powder 1/4 tsp. sea salt 1/4 tsp. Mexican Bean Spread Ingredients: 1/2 oz. liquid smoke flavouring Preparation: 1) In a medium-small wide bowl. you will need 2 15 oz. Transfer them to a food processor. ©www. cooked pinto beans 4 oz. 3) Add water if needed. 2) Add chili powder. or omit both. weigh pumpkin seeds.VegetarianFoodPlan. salt. rinsed and drained. * You can use pine nuts instead of pumpkin seeds. 4) Serve with raw veggies or baked tortilla chips. Process until almost smooth. and green chilies.9. cans. diced green chillies 1 tsp. pinto beans.
2) Put all chopped veggies in a large bowl and add: 1/2 tsp. 3) Add juice of one large pink grapefruit. The pieces should be about the size of a corn kernel. ©www. in to very small pieces. black pepper. just put it in the bowl) 1 cup butternut squash 1 cup cauliflower 1/2 of a red bell pepper with seeds removed 2 Roma tomatoes 1 Carrot 1 Plum 2 Celery stalks 1 Onion 3 Garlic cloves 1 Larger grapefruit Preparation : 1) Cut each vegetable or fruit. cumin and paprika.10.VegetarianFoodPlan. 4) Stir well keep covered in the fridge 4-6 hours or more. each salt.com 50 . by hand or with the food processor. Raw Vegan Ceviche Ingredients: 1 cup corn (Do not cut it up.
com 51 . Makes about 15 balls. salt 1 Tbsp. 2) Mix well and form 1/4 cup balls. ©www. Raw Vegan Falafel Ingredients: 1 cup sunflower seeds 1 Tbsp. dry dill 1 tsp. curry A squeeze of lemon Preparation: 1) Place all ingredients in food processor until it turns into a paste. gently turning every two hours or so until they start to get crispy on the outside.VegetarianFoodPlan. nutritional yeast (Optional) 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds 1/2 cup corn kernels (Fresh/frozen) 1 large clove of garlic 1 small onion. cumin 1 tsp. 3) Dehydrate at 145F.11. chopped about a cup 1/2 cup celery leaf (Or parsley/cilantro) 1 Roma tomato 1/2 cup olives 1 Tbsp.
a few sticks of carrot. puree the honey. Cut the Mango lenthwise into strips. romaine leaves 1 carrot 1 ripe mango 1 handful cilantro leaves 1 handful torn basil leaves Himalayan sea salt Preparation: 1) 2) Cut the carrot into matchstick-size pieces. a few pieces of mango. shredded 6 large collard green leaves or for a more mild flavor. You should get a rather thick consistency. red chili. chopped ginger 1/4 cup green onions sliced 1/2Tbsp. you might need to stick a cocktail stick in it to hold. In a blender.com 52 . (You may add water if it needs to be thinner) In a bowl. Raw Lettuce Wraps Ingredients: 1/2 cup hemp seed 1/2 cup lemon juice 1 1/2 Tbsp. 3) 4) 5) ©www. mix the almond butter dressing with the cabbage. Do this for all the other spinach leafs until the ingredients are gone. Add some hemp seeds.redchilli1Tbsp. Add the almond butter and blend at low speed to combine. and a few leafs of cilantro and. ginger. basil.12. Place the collard leaf on a cutting board with the underside facing up. about 1/4 inch (1 cm) thick.nam ashoyusauce 1 cup raw almond butter 1/2 head Savoy cabbage. Then you put some of the cabbage mix on the leaf.VegetarianFoodPlan. The best and easiest way is to do this with you hands or a large wooden spoon. lemon juice. and soy sauce. Roll it up and the spinach leaf.
com 53 . Simmer for 5 minutes. chopped 1-1/2 cups frozen peas/carrots/corn (Any or all) 1 tsp. unpasteurized miso paste 1 can or 15 oz. coriander 2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. fenugreek powder 1/4 tsp. olive oil Preparation: 1) Put water. navy beans 1/2 large onion 4 medium carrots. Simple Carrot-Bean Soup Ingredients: 3 cups water 1 Tbsp. garam masala 1/2 tsp. 3) Simmer for 10 minutes. onion. miso paste. and oil. tarragon leaf 1 tsp. ©www. 2) Add beans. spices. cumin seed Salt to taste 1/2 tsp.13. and carrots into a pot. garlic powder 1 tsp. crushed red pepper 1 tsp. frozen veggies.
ground black pepper 3 cups sweet potato. quartered lengthwise and sliced 1 can or 15 oz. minced in garlic press 2 tsp. rinsed and drained 1 1/2 cups tomatoes diced 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water Lemon juice to taste Preparation: 1) Sauté all ingredients in skillet for 10-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. deseeded and diced 1 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. sea salt 1 tsp.14. diced 2 cups zucchini. curry powder 2 tsp. deseeded and diced 1 cup red bell pepper. diced 1 cup green bell pepper. ground cumin 1 tsp. ground coriander Dash of cinnamon 3 tsp. Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew Ingredients: 2 cups onion. garlic.com 54 . olive oil 2 Tbsp. ©www. chickpeas.
VegetarianFoodPlan. In a food processor. Chickpea Burgers Ingredients: 1 large red onion. Add the eggs. curry powder Tomato sliced 1/2 tsp. each) chickpeas or garbanzo beans. walnuts.com 55 . spread over cut sides of buns. split or whole romaine lettuce leaves 6 lettuce leaves Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) In a small bowl. Dijon mustard 6 sesame seed hamburger buns. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until firm. Makes 6 servings. combine the chickpeas. cover and pulse until blended. set aside.15. cover and process until smooth. Combine mayonnaise and mustard. Shape into six patties. pepper 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise 2 tsp. rinsed and drained 1/3 cup chopped walnuts 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs 2 eggs 1 tsp. Serve patties on buns with lettuce and tomato or wrap in lettuce leaf and reserved onion mixture. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. thinly sliced 1/4 cup fat-free red wine vinaigrette 2 cans (15 oz. wheat germ and parsley. combine onion and vinaigrette. curry and pepper. ©www.
all spice. reserve them to roast if you’d like. 3) Remove from the oven. salt. then cut in half horizontally.com 56 .16. 5) Divide the juice. 4) Scoop out the seeds. Acorn Squash with Pineapple Ingredients: 2 medium acorn.VegetarianFoodPlan. all spice Dash of cinnamon (Optional) Salt and pepper Preparation: 1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. and pepper among the halves and use a fork to fluff and incorporate mixture into squash. allow to cool for 10 minutes. or delicate squash 1/3 cup pineapple juice 1 Tbsp. or until tender. butternut. 2) Place the whole squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil and roast for 40-45 minutes. oil. 6) E n j o y ! ©www. extra virgin olive oil 1/4 tsp.
warmed or lettuce leaf for wrap 1 medium tomato. Makes 4 servings.) black beans. Add beans. salsa. seeded and chopped 1/2 cup salsa 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or vegan cheese 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Saute yellow and red pepper in a pan. cover and cook 1 minute longer or until heated through. rinsed and drained 4 low carb tortillas (6 inches). cheese and sour cream. Black Bean Fajitas Ingredients: 1/2 cup each julienned sweet yellow pepper and red pepper 1 cup red onions julienned 1 can (15 oz.17. top with tomato. Fold in half.com 57 .VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. Spoon 1/2 cupful down the center of each tortilla.
©www. cold pressed olive oil Preparation: 1) Blend all ingredients until smooth. peeled 1/4 cup water 1 avocado 1 clove garlic 1 cup tomato 1 Tbsp. unpasteurized barley miso Y2 tsp.18. salt Y2 tsp.com 58 . Raw Creamed Spinach Soup Ingredients: Y2 head spinach leaves Y2 cucumber. freshly cracked pepper Dash chili powder 1 Tbsp. lemon juice 1 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan.
Add ginger root. minced 1 medium onion. and turmeric and sauté until the onion is transparent. red lentils (dry) 1 tsp. cored and diced 2 cups of spinach 1 cup tomatoes. diced 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. and cayenne. ©www. cayenne pepper 3 Anaheim chiles roasted. salt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) Heat oil in skillet. masala. Add washed lentils and cover mixture with water.com 59 . onion. cumin powder 1/2 tsp.19. cumin. tomatoes and coriander. Makes 4 servings. Add garlic. spinach. Add salt just before serving. diced and crushed 2 cloves garlic. Kick-it-up Spicy Curry Lentils Ingredients: 12 oz. chopped 2 Tbsp. Simmer over low heat for about 25 minutes. garam masala 1/2 tsp. ginger root. fresh coriander 1 tsp. Add chiles. turmeric 1 tsp. seeded.
©www. 3) Can have as a side dish or on vegetables or salad. 2) Add remaining ingredients and mix well. kelp flakes (Gives it a fishy flavor) Vegan mayonaise Salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) Mash the garbanzo beans.VegetarianFoodPlan. finely minced 1-2 Tbsp. chopped 1/2 small onion.com 60 .20. Mock Tuna Salad Ingredients: 1 cup garbanzo beans (Canned or pre-cooked) 1 stalk celery.
garbanzo beans. and add to the salad. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. cooked 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. black beans. vinegar. salt and pepper in a large bowl. agave nectar or honey 1/2 tsp.com 61 .VegetarianFoodPlan. roughly chopped 3 Tbsp. thawed 1 large orange. and roasted bell peppers and add to the bowel. balsamic vinegar 1 Tbsp. zest and juice 2 Tbsp.21. 4) Drain and rinse the beans and add along with the peas. 3) Mince the garlic. 5) Stir and serve chilled. Dijon mustard 2 Tbsp. cooked 1 pound green peas. cooked 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. extra virgin olive oil 1 medium red onion. oil. diced 1 medium hothouse cucumber 15 oz. Zesty 3 Bean Salad Ingredients: 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. roasted bell peppers 1 clove minced garlic 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley. ©www. 2) Dice the onion. mustard. rough chop the parsley. pinto beans. cucumber. * You can use other beans and it will be very tasty. dried basil Salt and pepper Preparation: 1) Whisk together the orange zest and juice.
Ingredients: 2 cups green split peas. low in calories and fat. such as stones or residue. dried basil 1/2 tsp. Heat should be low-medium. A crock pot works very well for making this soup and cook for 6-8 hours. with the split peas quite broken down and mushy. Make sure there’s enough water.com 62 . 5) The resulting soup should be thick and creamy. dry uncooked 6 to 7 cups water or vegetable stock 1 medium-size yellow onion. Cover loosely and cook until peas are tender. ©www. and freezes well. Check occasionally to make sure water has not completely evaporated. diced 1 tsp. 1 hour or longer. black pepper Salt and pepper. Split Pea Soup This wonderful soup is filling. diced 2 or 3 garlic cloves. packed with protein.VegetarianFoodPlan. to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Rinse split peas. diced 2 celery stalks.22. and bring to a simmer. Makes 4 to 6 servings. 6) Add salt and pepper to taste. dried marjoram 1 tsp. dried parsley 1/4 tsp. brimming with fiber. 7) Can make creamy by blending in food processor. Place all ingredients except salt and pepper in a soup pot. checking for any impurities. and serve hot. ground mustard 1/4 tsp. pressed or minced 2 carrots.
and continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes. ©www. Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle green onion over tofu before serving. Add tofu to the pan with soy sauce. Cover. or to taste 1 lb. and cook for 1 minute. green onion thinly sliced 1/2” ginger. firm tofu Preparation 1) 2) 3) : Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat. Rapeseed oil 4 cloves garlic. Garlic Ginger Tofu Ingredients: 3 Tbsp. and stir to coat. Stir in garlic and ginger. minced or in garlic press 2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. soy sauce.DINNER RECIPES 1. minced maybe you can use garlic press 1 lime 1 Tbsp.com 63 .
white wine vinegar 1/2 tsp. or 1 pound green beans. Steamed Green Beans with Tomato-Garlic Vinaigrette Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. slowly add oil. Dijon mustard 1/4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil 1/2 cup seeded chopped tomato 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme 16 oz. salt 1/8 tsp. tossing gently to coat. covered. trimmed Preparation: 1) Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. ©www. 2) Stir in tomato and thyme. whisking to combine.2. let stand 10 minutes.VegetarianFoodPlan. 3) Steam beans. add to tomato mixture. freshly ground black pepper Garlic cloves. crushed and minced 1 Tbsp.com 64 . 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. 4) Cut into 2-inch pieces.
rapeseed oil in pan and add cubed tofu. Vegetable N’ Braised Tofu Ingredients: 1 pound tofu firm silken style (Organic and non-gmo). fresh ginger. green onions 2 tsp. ©www. 4) Add chestnuts.VegetarianFoodPlan. stems removed 1 cup fresh snow peas 1 cup water Preparation: 1) Heat 1 tsp. cubed 1” 1 tsp. nama shoyu 3 Tbsp. 5) Serve with or without rice. divided 1 cup whole water chestnuts. green beans. drained and sliced 2 Tbsp. 2) Fry for about 5 minutes or until browned. pressed in garlic press 2 tsp. and sesame seeds and sauté 2-4 more minutes.3. 3) Stir fry mushrooms. tofu. Rapeseed oil 2 tsp. garlic. fresh garlic. sesame oil.com 65 . nama shoyu and ginger in water and remaining oil for several minutes. green onions. minced in garlic press 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms.
cleaned and dried Whole grain buns or rolls Lettuce. minced garlic 1 cup vegan mayonnaise 3 Tbsp. and tamari. tomato slices. 2) Food process. tamari. balsamic vinegar 2 Tbsp. Preparation: 1) Rehydrate sun dried tomatoes in warm water for 15 min. 3) In a small bowl. balsamic vinegar. Grill an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Set aside. combine sun dried tomatoes and water.4. or sun dried tomatoes in olive oil are ready to go. 5) Serve on toasted bun with fresh vegetables on top and sun dried tomato aioli. olive oil 2 Tbsp. olive oil. chopped basil. garlic.com 66 .VegetarianFoodPlan. whisk together remaining chopped basil and garlic. nama shoyu. and process for 1 minute. onion slices. of bragg liquid aminos 6 Portobello mushrooms. ©www. Grill for 5 minutes and flip with tongs. Portobello Mushroom Burgers with Sun dried Tomato Aioli Ingredients: 6 sun-dried tomatoes or in olive oil 1/4 cup hot water 2-3 cup chopped fresh basil 2 Tbsp. 4) Dip each mushroom in marinade and place on hot grill. and vegan mayonnaise. vegan cheese as toppings.
Use a leaf of lettuce or tortillas to wrap up the bean. food process. onion. Remove from heat and cover. pinch Toppings: 1 tomato.VegetarianFoodPlan. black beans 2 Tbsp. Prepare toppings. ©www.5. Burrito of Black Beans Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. Add spices. or blend beans and onion into a puree. minced 1/4 . cayenne pepper Black pepper. Add apple cider vinegar. cubed 1 avocado. peeled and cubed Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Strain and rinse black beans.com 67 . apple cider vinegar Spices: 1 clove of garlic. Mash.1/2 tsp. cumin 1 tsp. diced 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz.
ground pepper Hot red pepper optional Preparation: 1) Combine all ingredients and stir well. deseeded and diced 1/3 cup red onions. halved and thinly sliced 1/4 cup green onions. deseeded and diced 2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. thinly sliced 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 1 jalapeno pepper.6. ©www. diced 1/4 cup radishes.com 68 . diced 2/3 bell peppers and color. Garden Patch Gazpacho Ingredients: 2 cups tomato vegetable juice low sodium 1 cup tomatoes. olive oil 1 Tbsp. put all vegetables slightly chopped in food processor and pulse until soup has reached desired chunkiness. sea salt 1/4 tsp. 2) To speed up the chopping process. chilli powder Y2 tsp. 3) Cover and chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow flavors to blend. diced 1/3 celery. fresh lime juice or apple cider vinegar 1 Tbsp. diced Y2 cup carrots 1 cup cucumber. minced 1 tsp. garlic. ground cumin 1-2 tsp.
Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. chili powder 1/4 tsp. ground coriander 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Preparation: 1) Cut off broccoli stems. then slice it into 1/2-inch thick rounds. 4) Just before you are ready to eat.com 69 . tahini (Sesame seed butter) 1/2 tsp. cooked and drained 1/2 cup roasted red pepper 2 Tbsp. or until all the liquid has been absorbed. black beans. salt 1 1/2 oz. Cut or break the tops into bite-sized florets. Peel the stem with a sharp knife. Broccoli Smothered in Black Bean Sauce Ingredients: 1 large bunch broccoli 4 cups boiling water 2 cups kasha (Use buckwheat groats for a milder flavor) 1/2 tsp. lemon juice 2 Tbsp. ©www. 3) While kasha is cooking. 2) Place kasha and salt into the water in a large saucepan. combine and purée all the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender. steam broccoli over boiling water for about 5 minutes.7. sundried tomatoes in oil 1/4 cup chopped onion 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. 5) Place a small portion of kasha on each serving plate.VegetarianFoodPlan. Set aside. ground cumin 1/4 tsp. then top with steamed broccoli and black-bean sauce. or until it is bright green and just tender.
or other seasoning mix Olive oil Risotto. Spread the cooked vegetables over Risotto. ©www. polenta. seeded and cut into large pieces 2 cups small mushrooms 2 tomatoes. or scallop) 1 onion. cubed 1/2 pound very firm tofu. or pasta Preparation: 1) 2) Sauté the vegetables and mix in tofu cubes. Polenta. cut into chunks 1 red bell pepper. Spike.8. crookneck. Use water in pan if you need more liquid to sauté. or pasta.com 70 . cut into 1-inch cubes 1 Tbsp. Schilling Garlic and Herb.VegetarianFoodPlan. and top with fresh tomato wedges. Zesty Tofu and Vegetables Ingredients: 2 to 3 cups cubed summer squash (Zucchini.
VegetarianFoodPlan. oregano 1 tsp. cooked Preparation (Makes 6 servings): 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. ©www. ground cumin seed 1 tsp. garlic powder 1 tsp. coarsely chopped 1 cup onion. cooked 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for at least 30 minutes. cooked 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz.com 71 . If the onion starts to brown too quickly. Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a mild boil. and put them (including the juice) into a dish. white northern or pinto beans. Cut the whole tomatoes into small pieces. stirring often while you do the next few steps. turn down the heat on the skillet and add a little water to slow things down. chopped 2 1/2 cups whole tomatoes. Garnish with fresh chopped onion and shredded cheese if desired. sugar 1/2 tsp. The longer you cook the chili. seasoned (or black) pepper 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. using a can of diced tomatoes instead of the chopped whole tomatoes does not come out as well. Stir all of the spices into the skillet. olive oil 1 green pepper.9. chopped 1 cup vegetable broth 4 tsp. Drain and rinse the beans. salt 1/2 tsp. Cook for at least 5 minutes. and add the green pepper and onion. chili powder 1 jalapeno (Optional) seeded and chopped 1 tsp. but do not let them get brown. the more the flavors will blend (up to about an hour). red kidney beans. 3 Bean Bonanza Chili Ingredients: 2 Tbsp. For some reason. black beans. basil leaf 2 tsp.
plain yogurt and salsa Low carb tortilla Preparation: 1) Heat all ingredients together on the stove. cooked and removed from shell 1/4 cup carrots.VegetarianFoodPlan. Spaghetti Squash Salad Ingredients: Whole Spaghetti Squash.com 72 .10. raw 1/4 cup fresh/frozen corn Dash of chilli powder Sea salt Topping. ©www. 2) Place in tortilla and top with plain yogurt and salsa. black beans 1/4 cup green bell peppers 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds. grated 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms 1/4 cup red bell peppers 8 oz.
Basmati Spinach Stew Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. Canola oil 1 1/2 tsp. 8) Take the pot off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes.VegetarianFoodPlan. cook for a while longer. can coconut milk (Don't use the "light" version) 4 cups water 1 cup basmati rice 1 16 oz. ©www. cayenne pepper 1 14 oz. ground ginger 1/2 tsp. ground mustard 1 tsp. black pepper 1 tsp. package frozen spinach Salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Sauté carrots and spices for 3-5 minutes. Add the basmati rice and tofu and reduce heat to simmer.11. If not. Cook for 10 minutes. ground cumin 1/2 tsp. ground coriander 1 tsp. package firm tofu 2 carrots.com 73 . Defrost the spinach and squeeze out the extra water. 7) Add the spinach and cook for another 3-5 minutes to heat it up. Add the water and coconut milk and bring to a gentle boil. 9) Add salt and pepper to taste. After 20 minutes of cooking the rice should be looking more or less done. peeled and sliced into half rounds 1 10 oz.
Asparagus N’ Squash Tofu Stir-Fry Ingredients: 1/2 tsp. 2) Add asparagus. halved and sliced 2 green onions. stir-fry tofu. Add squash. 5) Add asparagus mixture and tofu. Bring to a boil. salt 1/4 tsp. 3) In the same pan. Remove and keep warm. divided 1 cup onions 1 lb. pepper and remaining ginger in remaining oil for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned.12.com 74 .VegetarianFoodPlan. salt. trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces 1 medium yellow summer squash. thinly sliced 1 package (14 oz.) extra-firm tofu. drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes 1/4 tsp. cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. fresh asparagus. Makes 4 servings. stir-fry 1 teaspoon ginger in 1 teaspoon oil for 1 minute. 6) Serve with rice. nama shoyu. stir-fry for 2 minutes. sliced almonds. Add onions. braggs amino acids 2 tsp. canola oil. Remove and keep warm. pepper 2 cups hot cooked brown rice 2 Tbsp. agave nectar or honey 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth 4 tsp. minced fresh gingerroot. sprinkle with almonds. heat through. ©www. 4) Stir in vegetable broth and sweetener and add to the pan. stir-fry 2 minutes longer. divided 3 tsp. stir-fry 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. toasted Preparation: 1) In a large nonstick skillet or wok.
13. olive oil 1 lb. seitan Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Whisk together all ingredients except for the seitan. turning once and brushing with extra marinade as desired. ©www.com 75 . Grill over hot coals. Zesty Grilled Seitan Recipe Ingredients: 1/4 cup white wine 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar Zest and juice from one lime Dash salt and pepper to taste 2 Tbsp. Add to grilled vegetables or on top of a fresh salad. Marinate the seitan in the mixture for at least 45 minutes.VegetarianFoodPlan.
Add 1. Drain off any remaining water and stir in the tahini and soy sauce. Drain off the water and transfer the beans to a saucepan. Reduce to a simmer and simmer until the beans are soft (depending on your beans 45 minutes to an hour).VegetarianFoodPlan. Sesame Adzuki Beans Ingredients: 1/2 cup dry adzuki beans 1/4 cup tahini 1 Tbsp.14. Bring to a boil over medium heat. ©www.5 cups water to the beans. soy sauce Water for cooking the beans Preparation: 1) 2) Soak the beans overnight in 2 cups of water.com 76 . 3) Makes 2 -4 servings.
undrained 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. vegan cheese) Preparation: 1) Saute the onion until soft in a large pot sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. fat free vegetarian refried beans 1 cup diced tomatoes 1 cup salsa Toppings (Avocado.com 77 . great northern beans. undrained 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. Taco Soup Ingredients: 1 large onion. fresh cut of the cob 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. Makes 15 cups. ©www. black beans. cilantro. chopped 1 package low sodium natural taco seasoning 2 cups whole kernel corn.15. cooked.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) Add the other ingredients to the pot and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
garlic. olive oil 1 medium onion. to taste 12 oz. Arrange the chillies on the grill away from the heat. Add onion. ground cumin 3 1/2 cups or 28 oz. 4) Set up grill for indirect grilling and preheat to medium. to taste Freshly ground black pepper. drained 1-3 tsp. cilantro and cumin. about 30 to 40 minutes. Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese or vegan cheese. ©www. 3) Remove pan from heat and stir in baked beans. hot sauce. Grilled Stuffed Chili Rellenos or Green Bell Peppers Ingredients: 6 large poblano chiles or red/green bell peppers 2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. vegetarian baked beans. hot sauce and 8 ounces of cheese. finely chopped 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1 tsp. finely chopped 2 cloves garlic.16. seeded and chopped 1/2 red bell pepper. Add salt and pepper to taste. to taste Preparation: 1) Cut poblano chiles in half lengthwise to create a boat for filling and scrape out seeds. red bell pepper. jalapenos. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed chiles and sprinkle with remaining cheese.com 78 . 2) Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet. finely chopped 2 jalapenos. Makes 6 – 8 servings. coarsely grated Salt. and cook over medium heat until golden brown for about 4 minutes. 5) Cook until chillies are tender and cheese is browned and bubbling.
17. seasoned salt Salt and pepper to taste Oil for frying Whole grain bun or bread Preparation: 1) 2) Sautee the onions till soft. Mixture will be thick. black beans.VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. crumbled 1 tsp. Make veggie burgers and enjoy! 3) Makes 6 servings.com 79 . approximately 1/2 inch thick and fry patties in a small amount of oil until slightly firm. about 3-5 minutes. cooked 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 2 slices bread. except the oil. mash the beans until almost smooth. Form bean mixture into patties. In a large bowl. Black Bean Burgers Ingredients: 1/2 onion. onion powder 1/2 tsp. diced 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. Add sauteed onions and the rest of the ingredients. garlic powder 1 tsp. adding the flour a few tablespoons at a time to combine well.
minced fresh cilantro 1 tsp. pepper 5 cups hot cooked gluten free penne pasta Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a large skillet. Makes 6 servings. rinsed and drained 1-3 Tbsp.com 80 . salt and pepper. Stir in the peas.VegetarianFoodPlan. for 10 minutes. sauté the green pepper.18. cannelloni beans. seeded and chopped 3 garlic cloves. sugar. uncovered. Penne Pasta & Beans Ingredients: 3 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes 1 cup chopped red bell pepper 1/2 cup chopped onion 1 jalapeno pepper. Toss with pasta. salt 1/8 tsp. Add tomatoes. olive oil 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. Simmer. ©www. cilantro. jalapeno and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. bring to a boil. cider vinegar 1 tsp. vinegar. onion. agave nectar 1 tsp. simmer 10 minutes longer. minced 1 Tbsp.
tomatoes. rinsed and drained 1 Y2 cup diced tomatoes Y2 cup (4 oz. simmer.) black beans. pepper 8 low carb tortillas (6 inches). salt 1/4 tsp. dried oregano 1/2 tsp.com 81 . salt. garlic powder) 1 tsp. warmed 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or vegan cheddar cheese 1 large ripe avocado. Bean Tacos Ingredients: 1 medium onion. oregano. minced 1 Tbsp. Makes 8 servings.VegetarianFoodPlan. sprinkle with cheese.19. chili powder (Or purchase a natural taco seasoning to replace chilli. cumin. garlic powder 1/4 tsp. for 3-5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Bring to a boil. olive oil 4 cups (32 oz. Fold one side of tortilla over filling. Stir in the beans. chopped 2 garlic cloves. peeled and sliced Fresh cilantro to top. ground cumin 1 tsp. uncovered. Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla.) chopped green chilies 1 Tbsp. ©www. chilies and seasonings. chopped Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) In a nonstick skillet. Reduce heat. Garnish with avocado and chopped cilantro. saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
set aside. Add cabbage and tomatoes. cornstarch 1-1/2 tsp.20.) light coconut milk 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots 8 green onions. Makes 6 servings. salt 1/2 tsp. 3) In the same pan. 5) Return tofu to skillet. bring to a boil. curry powder 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. cut into 1-inch pieces 4 cups shredded cabbage 4 plum tomatoes. stir-fry for 2 minutes. 2) In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray. minced fresh ginger root 1/2 tsp. Remove and keep warm. chopped 3 cups hot cooked brown rice Preparation: 1) In a small bowl. 4) Stir coconut milk mixture and add to skillet. combine the first 10 ingredients. crushed red pepper flakes 1 package (16 oz. Curried Tofu Stir-Fry Ingredients: 1/4 cup nama shoyu sauce or Braggs Amino Acid 2 Tbsp. sesame oil 1 medium sweet yellow pepper. honey or agave 1/2 tsp. 6) Serve with rice. stir-fry 2 minutes longer. peanut butter 1 can (14 oz. chili powder 1/2 tsp. stir-fry tofu in oil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. drained and cubed 2 tsp. ©www.) firm tofu. Add mushrooms and onions.com 82 . stir-fry yellow pepper for 1 minute. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are crisp-tender. julienned 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms 1 tbsp.
Bring to a boil. dried basil 1 tsp. sauté green pepper and onion in oil until tender. uncovered. minced fresh basil or 2 tsp. 4) Drain fettuccine. Reduce heat.VegetarianFoodPlan.) black beans. simmer. ©www. 2) Meanwhile. black beans and seasonings. Makes 5 servings.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or vegan mozzarella cheese Preparation: 1) Cook fettuccine according to package directions. fennel seed 1/4 tsp.21. olive oil 2 cups pasta sauce (no high fructose corn syrup) 1 3/4 cup or(15 oz. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. uncooked vegan spinach fettuccine 1 small green pepper. 5) Top with sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.com 83 . rinsed and drained 2 Tbsp. garlic salt Dash pepper 1/2 cup (4 oz. in a large saucepan. for 5 minutes. chopped 1 small onion. 3) Stir in the pasta sauce. chopped 1 Tbsp. Spinach Fettuccine with Tomato Basil Bean Sauce Ingredients: 6 oz.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.